PDA

View Full Version : Run application locally

dominicr
10-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Hello

The Samsung Smart TV's have got a developer account, with the developer account you can download applications from your computer to your tv for stand alone use.

I'm wondering if the Philips Smart TV's have got the same kind of option. I'd like to test my application on my tv (so not on some emulator) without having to submit it to Philips for application.
Also I would prefer to actually run the application on the TV, so that I do not need to have my pc turned on for testing and demo purposes.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the Philips Smart TV ? I could not find the option, but I'm asking just to make sure.

Best Regards
Dominic Rooijackers

Philips
10-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Hello

The Samsung Smart TV's have got a developer account, with the developer account you can download applications from your computer to your tv for stand alone use.

I'm wondering if the Philips Smart TV's have got the same kind of option. I'd like to test my application on my tv (so not on some emulator) without having to submit it to Philips for application.
Also I would prefer to actually run the application on the TV, so that I do not need to have my pc turned on for testing and demo purposes.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the Philips Smart TV ? I could not find the option, but I'm asking just to make sure.

Best Regards
Dominic Rooijackers

Hi Dominic,

You can do the following: upload the App to your private website, and access your App via the open internet browser in the TV.

Regards,
JuAn

dominicr
10-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Dominic,

You can do the following: upload the App to your private website, and access your App via the open internet browser in the TV.

Regards,
JuAn

Dear JuAn

Thank you for your quick answer.
Unfortunately, that is not the functionality I was looking for. I was hoping I would be able to test the app on the tv without the use of any external webserver.
(and because I'm still testing, the app won't be approved for NET TV anywhere in the near future)