PDA

View Full Version : DS1100/12 Bad sound since upgrade to iOS 5.0.1

claudphone
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Dear All,

This is to seek a solution to the following problem. Using an Iphone 4s, I have a sound quality problem since the iOS5.0.1 upgrade. The symptom are that the sound is very low and tinny which is very different than what it was before. I still have an old Iphone 3 running an IOS 4.x and the sound is perfect so there is no hardware fault on the dock side at least.

Problem started since iOS 5.0.1 and still remains with iOS 6.0

iOS device model: iPhone 4S
iOS: iiOS 5.0.1 same on iOS 5.1 and iOS 6.0
DockStudio version: 2.2.5
Docking device used: DS1100/12

I have tried the various solution sposyed on this forum i.e.
- resetting the phone
- unplugging the dock and waiting 30 min then replugging
- reinstalling the app

Still no luck

Would anybody have any idea ??

Regards

Philips - Remko
10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi claudphone,

Welcome on the forum! Unfortunatly we are not able to reproduce the issue that you mentioned, this has been just tested.

Could you try on another dockstatin if possible and give your input.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

kwinnie
11-09-2012, 02:46 AM
interesting ... :) but i no longer have a iOS4 phone so cannot do the same test as yours.
keen to find out more as well.

but anyways, if your iOS4 phone can play perfectly on the dock. I guess the issue is more on the Apple side, not this dock. we dont know what Apple has changed on the iOS...

claudphone
01-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Sorry for this late post but the problem is now solved. The issue was on the apple side but it took a lot of effort as well time before Apple recognised it was on their side ( I even had to provide them with the docking station !!!)

In short when bringing the phone back to the store it was working perfectly on some docking stations while not on others !!! There was no logic as to brands vs unbranded docks.

The point that led Apple to solve the problem was that the same docking station was sold on the apple store and sold by Apple as Iphone 4S compatible so it was clearly not a compatibility issue (as pretended initially by the store I got the phone from !!!)

I do not know what was done in the phone but thing is that know it does work with IOS6.....