PDA

View Full Version : hdmi and spdif out

ttfo
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I have a 42pf7421d/37 tv. I had my satillite hooked up by the s-video and composite audio/video. I had a surround sound hook to the spdif out port. Everything was fine. I upgraded my satillite to HD. Now my connection to the tv is by HDMI. Now I get no sound from the SPDIF. Is this correct or do I need to do something?

carlosfm
01-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem with my 37PFL7605H/12.
HDTV cable box connected to HDMI 3 and no sound in the S/PDIF output.
There is sound on the speakers and headphones but not on the digital output.

If there is some trick, I can't find out, even after reading the manual.
I've tried all those "Easylink" settings - which are very confuse - and nothing.
I press the "Experience" button on the remote and select output to amplifier but it keeps telling me that the speakers are on, even if I mute them.
Go to setup and turn off the speakers - then the "speakers" option on the "Experience" button disappear.
Where's the catch?!
Firmware is the latest, 140.027.

I hope we get an answer, as you didn't in more than a month... (!)

peu306cabrio
01-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I have a 42pf7421d/37 tv. .... Now my connection to the tv is by HDMI. Now I get no sound from the SPDIF. Is this correct or do I need to do something?

@ttfo,

I found this remark in the DFU (page 23) of your model: "Due to legal requirements, it is possible that with certain copy protected PCM audio qualities from a device connected to the HDMI input, the DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT(SPDIF OUT) signal is muted."

Possible solutions:
- Try to change the AUDIO OUT settings of your STB to e.g. PCM, or try other formats if present.
- You also might try to connect the AUDIO OUT of your STB directly to the surround set.

carlosfm
01-26-2011, 12:10 AM
I get no digital out even when streaming from my DLNA server, speakers have sound, heaphone output (which I have connected to my stereo system) have sound, but the coax digital out... nothing.
If it doesn't work at all, I'll just return this (950 Euros) TV and get something else from another brand.