PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi media connect

charl
10-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi!

I am trying to find the specific code used to download wi-fi media connect.
I am looking at my package of instructions manuals and I find a sticker-code on the outside of
the plastic that wraps around the package of manuals. This code does not work.

Can anyone help me?

/charl

KennyReid17
10-14-2012, 10:11 PM
go to the menu, settings, installiation, mediaconnect it will tel you the code go to mediaconnect website and type in code from the tv.

charl
10-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry but I can not find it. I have now scrolled through my whole menu without any results. I don't know, maybe I have a different TV or something compared to yours.

Can You please help me again?

/c

KennyReid17
10-15-2012, 12:29 AM
whats your tv model?

charl
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi!

My tv model is: 40PFL5507T/12

Philips - Benedickte
10-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi!

My tv model is: 40PFL5507T/12

Hi Charl

WiFi-media Connect is not supported on EU 2012 models. Please use Windows media player (11 or higher) or Twonky.

Best regards,
Benedickte

charl
10-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi Charl

WiFi-media Connect is not supported on EU 2012 models. Please use Windows media player (11 or higher) or Twonky.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Thank You for Your answer.
My TV is pretty new and I have the possibility to return it. This would probably solve ALL my problems with my Philips TV since all the needed support software/apps/compatibility is limited either due to I am living in a very small part of the world with almost Zero people, I am just talking about Europe compared to USA.

One more annoying thing is that the compatibility for Apple Mac OSX is Very limited. Apple is just the second largest company in the world just after Coca-Cola. So why the h*ll is it such a big problem to make it compatible with Apple softwares??? Don't say that it is because of Apple!

/angry customer.

Philips - Benedickte
10-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Thank You for Your answer.
My TV is pretty new and I have the possibility to return it. This would probably solve ALL my problems with my Philips TV since all the needed support software/apps/compatibility is limited either due to I am living in a very small part of the world with almost Zero people, I am just talking about Europe compared to USA.

One more annoying thing is that the compatibility for Apple Mac OSX is Very limited. Apple is just the second largest company in the world just after Coca-Cola. So why the h*ll is it such a big problem to make it compatible with Apple softwares??? Don't say that it is because of Apple!

/angry customer.

When it comes to supported DLNA servers for MAC, these are listed in the back of the Manual.

Compatability isn't always up to one company or brand. What exactly are you experiencing between your Mac and TV?

Benedickte

charl
10-19-2012, 04:07 PM
When it comes to supported DLNA servers for MAC, these are listed in the back of the Manual.

Compatability isn't always up to one company or brand. What exactly are you experiencing between your Mac and TV?

Benedickte

First.
•It is impossible for my Philips TV to read my my OS X formatted hard drives. There should be some kind of support for this.
•The TV can not read subtitles over wifi (.srt), it can only read subtitles when I transfer the movie + .srt-file to an external USB-stick. This is something the other tv manufactures can handle.
•One more irritating thing is that when You watch ordinary digital tv (through the internal box via a CA-module) it is impossible to select the appropriate tv-channel through the info button. I mean through the program guide with the list of programs available for each channel. To solve this I have to look at the list -> go back -> manual click the channel number or just click on the list button to select the channel. This is something which is available on all other brands.
• Of course the BAD compatibility of applications.
• No cloning function over wifi.

/charl

Philips - Benedickte
10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
First.
•It is impossible for my Philips TV to read my my OS X formatted hard drives. There should be some kind of support for this.
•The TV can not read subtitles over wifi (.srt), it can only read subtitles when I transfer the movie + .srt-file to an external USB-stick. This is something the other tv manufactures can handle.
•One more irritating thing is that when You watch ordinary digital tv (through the internal box via a CA-module) it is impossible to select the appropriate tv-channel through the info button. I mean through the program guide with the list of programs available for each channel. To solve this I have to look at the list -> go back -> manual click the channel number or just click on the list button to select the channel. This is something which is available on all other brands.
• Of course the BAD compatibility of applications.
• No cloning function over wifi.

/charl

Hi Charl.

1. The manual cleary states that a HDD or USB needs to be formatted into NTFS.
2. Subtitles over WiFi/DLNA is not supported > not stated anywhere that it is. In the manual under multimedia you can see the supported files and containers and for what source.
3. Have you selected to show any list? in example favorites? If so, change to all.

What do you mean by " no cloning function over wifi" ?

Best regards,
Benedickte

charl
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi Charl.

1. The manual cleary states that a HDD or USB needs to be formatted into NTFS.
2. Subtitles over WiFi/DLNA is not supported > not stated anywhere that it is. In the manual under multimedia you can see the supported files and containers and for what source.
3. Have you selected to show any list? in example favorites? If so, change to all.

What do you mean by " no cloning function over wifi" ?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Hi!

I know what the manual says, but the manual does not say anything about .srt subtitle files is not working over wifi.

The point about this thread is not what the manual says and not says. It is about Philips tvs and the devices compatibility compared to other well known brands as: samsung, panasonic, LG etc. Philips tvs are on the bottom compared to these brands. This is what I am asking You about. Why does Philips choose to be a low end product in the section os SMART compatibility????

To clone a computer screen to a tv is well known and should be known to everybody seated in this business. Cloning is when you transfer the screen you have on your computer to an another screen, such as a tv screen or stand alone computer screen.

/c

Philips - Benedickte
10-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi!

I know what the manual says, but the manual does not say anything about .srt subtitle files is not working over wifi.

/c

Hi C.

Please see attached picture regarding subtitles/ .srt files support.

Regards,
Benedickte

charl
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi C.

Please see attached picture regarding subtitles/ .srt files support.

Regards,
Benedickte

ONCE AGAIN... I know what the manual says. This is not the thing here (did You read my last post, all of it!?). It is all about compatibility compared to other brands. Philips need to accelerate to make something and to compete with the other brands.