PDA

View Full Version : Easier Control of Headphone Volume?

zelcom
10-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi!

I have just bought a 47PFL4047T, and it is running the 092.000 firmware.
As I often use the headphone out jack on the TV for keeping it quiet for my better half, I was very surprised to see the solution Philips has chosen for volumecontrol of the headphone jack.

Rather than doing it like every other manufacturer (Automatically muting the speakers and use the volumebuttons on the remote for the headphone jack), the TV keeps two different volumelevels -> The speakers', which is controlled from the remote, and the headphone's -> which you have to jump through A LOT of menus in order to control.

Does anyone know a workaround for this, or is there simply something Im missing?

- This is definitely a deal breaker for me, as the difference in volume between the different connected sources as well as the various content from these sources can vary considerably. Consequently I often get either scared by supervolumes or irritated by low volumes, and have to jump though all these menus every time.

If there is no workaround/fix/wrong, is this a feature that Philips could consider adding? - At least a switch for selecting which volume the volumebuttons on the remote is controlling?
And if so, what timeframe for adding this would realistic? (I'm willing to be a beta-tester if wanted).

jgiraltr
10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi!

I have just bought a 47PFL4047T, and it is running the 092.000 firmware.
As I often use the headphone out jack on the TV for keeping it quiet for my better half, I was very surprised to see the solution Philips has chosen for volumecontrol of the headphone jack.

Rather than doing it like every other manufacturer (Automatically muting the speakers and use the volumebuttons on the remote for the headphone jack), the TV keeps two different volumelevels -> The speakers', which is controlled from the remote, and the headphone's -> which you have to jump through A LOT of menus in order to control.

Does anyone know a workaround for this, or is there simply something Im missing?

- This is definitely a deal breaker for me, as the difference in volume between the different connected sources as well as the various content from these sources can vary considerably. Consequently I often get either scared by supervolumes or irritated by low volumes, and have to jump though all these menus every time.

If there is no workaround/fix/wrong, is this a feature that Philips could consider adding? - At least a switch for selecting which volume the volumebuttons on the remote is controlling?
And if so, what timeframe for adding this would realistic? (I'm willing to be a beta-tester if wanted).

I agree, this way of controling headphone volume is very annoying. The solution you propose, which older tube sets had is much better. Hope someone at Philips read this post and fix it in the next firmware

AztecScribe
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
This is annoying and was quite a surprise. I luckily have headphones that have their own volume rocker on them so I can use this to adjust to suit me. I know this means going out to buy new headphones but maybe you can charge it back to Phillips :P

joehance
11-28-2012, 08:24 PM
I have came to the same problem with the 'Philips 42PFL4007T/12 LED HD 1080p Smart TV, 42'

-.-

vandenhoogen
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
I have came to the same problem with the 'Philips 42PFL4007T/12 LED HD 1080p Smart TV, 42'

-.-

no response from philips???

same problem on my 47PFL7606T Annoying