PDA

View Full Version : When streaming, the sound still remained to hearing on my notebook

superfly
10-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Hello everyone, it's my first post on the forum.
I have a problem with the sound when i try to streaming contents from my notebook on the TV (40PFL7605/12) via Wi-Fi MediaConnect.
The sound still remained to hearing on my notebook, not on the TV.
I have windows 7 instaled on the notebook.

Any suggestion will appreciated.
superfly

Philips - Benedickte
10-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Hello everyone, it's my first post on the forum.
I have a problem with the sound when i try to streaming contents from my notebook on the TV (40PFL7605/12) via Wi-Fi MediaConnect.
The sound still remained to hearing on my notebook, not on the TV.
I have windows 7 instaled on the notebook.

Any suggestion will appreciated.
superfly

Hi Superfly.

Could you please confirm to me what software version that is installed on the TV?
When you say streaming contents, is this just music or is it movies and pictures too? Do you get the picture on the TV when trying to play a movie?

How long have you experienced this? if recently started or not been from start, please explain what was done before the sound stop streaming to TV. (Software update on PC/TV, reinstalling any programs etc).
Have you tried another PC/laptop/notebook? If so, what is the result of this?
Please make sure all the drivers on the PC is up to date.

On some PC's/laptops you might need to set the outsound to a specific source, so in this case TV. Please make sure this is done in the sound settings on your notebook.
Also check in the sound settings in "Recording devices" tab if you can see WiFi-MC and turn this sound up (incase it's on 0 or mute).

Best regards,
Benedickte

superfly
10-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Superfly.

Could you please confirm to me what software version that is installed on the TV?
When you say streaming contents, is this just music or is it movies and pictures too? Do you get the picture on the TV when trying to play a movie?

How long have you experienced this? if recently started or not been from start, please explain what was done before the sound stop streaming to TV. (Software update on PC/TV, reinstalling any programs etc).
Have you tried another PC/laptop/notebook? If so, what is the result of this?
Please make sure all the drivers on the PC is up to date.

On some PC's/laptops you might need to set the outsound to a specific source, so in this case TV. Please make sure this is done in the sound settings on your notebook.
Also check in the sound settings in "Recording devices" tab if you can see WiFi-MC and turn this sound up (incase it's on 0 or mute).

Best regards,
Benedickte

Hi Benedickte,

I've solved this problem thanks to your advice for changing the sound settings on the notebook.
In the sound dialog box, I had to turn off "Speakers - High Definition Audio Device - Default Device" option and leave turn on only the "Speakers - WFMCVAD - Default Communication Device" option (last option on the pic).
On this way, I can hear the sound on the TV, but when I'm finish with streaming I have to turn on again the first option (second on the pic) to have the sound back to the notebook which is not too tiring to do.

Thanks for your effort.
superfly