PDA

View Full Version : TV Clock and EPG

bizKid
10-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi,

I have problems with the time and EPG on my 42PFL4007T. TV is placed in Denmark i.e. CET/CEST time zone, i.e. UTC+1/2.

1. When i set clock to "automatic" or "manual" the tv-time is correct (showed with large light-grey numbers in bottom right corner). But times in EPG are two hours behind. I.e a program starting at 20.00 will show to start at 18.00.

2. When i set clock to "country specific/standard time" tv-time is one hour ahead. (showing 21.00 when time is 20.00). EPG times are 1 hour behind.

3. When i set clock to "country specific/daylight saving" tv-time is two hours ahead. (showing 22.00 when time is 20.00). However times in EPG are now correct.

I have the latest firmware installed (Q554E-0.92.0.0). TV signal is DVB-C from Yousee without any set-top boxes.

How can i get both TV time and EPG times correct?

Thanks!

br
Nicki

Philips - Benedickte
10-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi,

I have problems with the time and EPG on my 42PFL4007T. TV is placed in Denmark i.e. CET/CEST time zone, i.e. UTC+1/2.

1. When i set clock to "automatic" or "manual" the tv-time is correct (showed with large light-grey numbers in bottom right corner). But times in EPG are two hours behind. I.e a program starting at 20.00 will show to start at 18.00.

2. When i set clock to "country specific/standard time" tv-time is one hour ahead. (showing 21.00 when time is 20.00). EPG times are 1 hour behind.

3. When i set clock to "country specific/daylight saving" tv-time is two hours ahead. (showing 22.00 when time is 20.00). However times in EPG are now correct.

I have the latest firmware installed (Q554E-0.92.0.0). TV signal is DVB-C from Yousee without any set-top boxes.

How can i get both TV time and EPG times correct?

Thanks!

br
Nicki

Hi Nicki.

Welcome to the forums.

I would advise you to update the Programguide. If this doesn't help please reinstall channels followed by update of programguide again.

Best regards,
Benedickte

bizKid
10-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Benedickte,

thank you for your response.

I've looked in the manual, but i can't find any info on how to "update the Programguide". Might be due to my manual being in danish.

How do i do that?

Thanks in advance.
br

Philips - Benedickte
10-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Benedickte,

thank you for your response.

I've looked in the manual, but i can't find any info on how to "update the Programguide". Might be due to my manual being in danish.

How do i do that?

Thanks in advance.
br

Hi Nicki.

I have double checked this too in other manuals. Please try to reinstall the channels and post back the results.

BR,
Benedickte

bizKid
10-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi again,

I've discovered the reason to the offset times in EPG. When I first installed channels, I choose Germany in order to enable hbbtv. But apparently choosing Germany, when tv signal is from Denmark, EPG times are offset.
When I, as per your advice, reinstalled channels i selected Denmark as country. Now EPG/TV times/clock are correct, but red-button/hbbtv is now disabled.

Seems that i have to choose between hbbtv or working EPG....

Anyway thanks for the assistence, hopefully the next firmware upgrade will enable hbbtv in the Denmark profile.

br
Nicki

Philips - Benedickte
10-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi again,

I've discovered the reason to the offset times in EPG. When I first installed channels, I choose Germany in order to enable hbbtv. But apparently choosing Germany, when tv signal is from Denmark, EPG times are offset.
When I, as per your advice, reinstalled channels i selected Denmark as country. Now EPG/TV times/clock are correct, but red-button/hbbtv is now disabled.

Seems that i have to choose between hbbtv or working EPG....

Anyway thanks for the assistence, hopefully the next firmware upgrade will enable hbbtv in the Denmark profile.

br
Nicki

Hi Nicki.

I can inform you that new software has just come online (yesterday) and available from the support page for download and installing using USB.

Best regards,
Benedickte