PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.93.0 for 4xx7 and 5xx7 series (2012 models)

Toengel
10-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi,

please use this post to share your experiences with this new SW version. Using your input will make it easier for others to search and find relevant information.

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". So, after the TV has finished the Update (and the TV is running again), shut down the TV and wait 2 minutes (untill all components are shut down). Then, unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

This latest software version solves the issues below:

Q554E_0.93.0.0, Q554M_0.93.0.0

HbbTV application is not working. (Only applicable to country, Czech Republic)
HTTP Live Streaming is not working.
Wrong characters shown in EPG for Slovak language.
Improved BBC iPlayerís functionality and performance.

Toengel@Alex

Edit:

IMPORTANT: If your TV menu language is selected as Portuguese, follow the instructions below:
ē After you have inserted the USB flash drive to the TV, please wait for 30 seconds. The software upgrade starts automatically.
ē If the software upgrade does not start automatically, disconnect the power cable from the power outlet. Do not remove your USB flash drive. Wait for one minute then reconnect the power cable, the software upgrade starts automatically.

Racker
10-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Thx for the heads- up!

But: haven't been able to upgrade yet; had the TV search for this file several times since you announced this upgrade (internet upgrade)... Only to find the mssge: "no new software found..."! :confused: Not so keen on doing this by USB stick. Question: will this be available on the server for direct upgrade, and -if yes- when???

Richter1k
10-17-2012, 01:49 PM
internet update is not available yet, only usb

lucio.mignone@tin.it
10-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Still having problems with this firmware
I had quality problems with sound volume very low prevalence of treble and mid.
Assistance of counsel, i installed the new firmware to assess if it solves the problems.
Using adjustment guided audio-video freezes on sound settings and have to cancel the procedure.

I have yet to try if it solves the problems of disconnection from wireless network and the continuous demand for riconficurare network options and the problem diel philips message server unreachable.
I just tried it you know

Lucio Mignone
Cavriglia (AR) Italy

nyne
10-18-2012, 07:03 AM
I had hope that with this update my tv would finally be able to play greek srt subs.But no,philips did nothing to fix this so everyone that gets a philips tv in greece has a player that he can't use...Well done philips,well done...

Racker
10-18-2012, 07:26 AM
@Richter1k So I noticed... :cool:

Question remains: when will this upgrade be available directly through the net?

Philips - Benedickte
10-18-2012, 10:51 AM
I had hope that with this update my tv would finally be able to play greek srt subs.But no,philips did nothing to fix this so everyone that gets a philips tv in greece has a player that he can't use...Well done philips,well done...

Hi Nyne.

I can inform you that greek subtitles is not and will not be supported by the TV. This is a TV and not a media player.

Regards,
Benedickte

lucio.mignone@tin.it
10-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi Benedicte,
thank you for the advice and the help it provides to us users.

can you help me?

In addition to the problems mentioned in the previous post,
problems connecting to the wireless network persist.
also with the new firmware the first time you connect a TV to your network via wireless (to do this you must first start the 'reinstall tv'), but then, one must always configure the network, or if you connect to the network wirelees , freezes on screen instructions 'connection in progress' or display 'server philips not available try again later' ...

what to do? ...

I chose philips with confidence and high image quality, but I'm a little disappointed in the rest

I could go back I'd keep the factory firmware, although very slow, worked well and no problems with the audio ...

nyne
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Cool than maybe this should be your next moto for selling tv's."This is a TV and not a media player" .I'm wondering if this is the official policy of philips...

Hi Nyne.

I can inform you that greek subtitles is not and will not be supported by the TV. This is a TV and not a media player.

Regards,
Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
10-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi Benedicte,
thank you for the advice and the help it provides to us users.

can you help me?

In addition to the problems mentioned in the previous post,
problems connecting to the wireless network persist.
also with the new firmware the first time you connect a TV to your network via wireless (to do this you must first start the 'reinstall tv'), but then, one must always configure the network, or if you connect to the network wirelees , freezes on screen instructions 'connection in progress' or display 'server philips not available try again later' ...

what to do? ...

I chose philips with confidence and high image quality, but I'm a little disappointed in the rest

I could go back I'd keep the factory firmware, although very slow, worked well and no problems with the audio ...

Hi Lucio.mignone.

Regarding the network issues you are experiencing, please try the following tips in this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8290-Undefined-behaviour-of-the-TV-when-connecting-to-DLNA-some-tips) thread.

You can also try to delete/clear net TV memory.

How often do you need to configurate the network?

Best regards,
Benedickte

lucio.mignone@tin.it
10-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Lucio.mignone.

Regarding the network issues you are experiencing, please try the following tips in this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8290-Undefined-behaviour-of-the-TV-when-connecting-to-DLNA-some-tips) thread.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Hi Benedikte,

thank you for the help!

>please try the following tips in this thread.
I had already read the tips in your thread... not work

>How often do you need to configurate the network?
if I run the procedure 'reinstall tv' the smart tv works fine for one or two days maximum.
Following is the problem: the window 'Connection in progress' freezed or continuously requires to reconfigure the wireless network

Best regards,
Lucio

Racker
10-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Cool than maybe this should be your next moto for selling tv's."This is a TV and not a media player" .I'm wondering if this is the official policy of philips...

Just out of curiosity: what is the problem?

- Your 42PFL4307H is a TV... and to my knowledge any TV'll show anything the tuner or a supported peripheral (such as a DVD/Blu-Ray player) will input, f/i through Scart or HDMI. So if your player supports Greek subtitles, the TV will show them. Logically, if your player does not support Greek, there is no way a TV, any TV for that matter, could "generate" your subtitles. The same goes if the station you're watching has no Greek subtitles. No TV can show what isn't there..

Wesley
10-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi Lucio.mignone.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Wouldn't it just be a case of installing a Greek font on the TV? If the language is set to Greek, load that subtitle by default. Surely there are Greek fonts floating around for not too much money?

mistrzb
10-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Let's make a list of our ideas. Several simple (maybe) improvments:
1. One page on screen menu (without slow and useless animation) At least menu option "simple menu"- "advance-menu"
2. Simpler scrolling channel list with faster sorting (now it's horrible to change anything)
3. Disable Clear LCD default in all presettings (sound drops!)
4. GoTo feature in media player
5. DTS support (downmix maybe)
6. One button picture settings
7. One button EPG, sleep timer
8. 6-7 or function buttons (colored) to define
9. Subtitles with national characters (eg. Polish)

Racker
10-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Let's make a list of our ideas. (....)
9. Subtitles with national characters (eg. Polish)

Not possible or necessary to choose subtitles in the TV; let me try to explain why:

- When watching broadcasts, subtitling is done by the TVstation.
- When watching recordings (discs) you can set your subtitles in your local play-back equipment/player (IE DVD/Blue-ray/....).
- Subtitling is never set, cannot be set in the TV itself unless it has a built in DVD/Blu-ray/.... player, and even then... (see below).

As Benedickte said: Technically, a TV (even a smart TV) is not a mediaplayer. Therefore a TV cannot show anything that isn't offered either via the tuner or by secondary equipment. Even if this secondary equipment is a built- in player, the setting of subtitling will be done within the player module and never in the TV module.

AfroJack
10-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Not possible or necessary to choose subtitles in the TV; let me try to explain why:

- When watching broadcasts, subtitling is done by the TVstation.
- When watching recordings (discs) you can set your subtitles in your local play-back equipment/player (IE DVD/Blue-ray/....).
- Subtitling is never set, cannot be set in the TV itself unless it has a built in DVD/Blu-ray/.... player, and even then... (see below).

As Benedickte said: Technically, a TV (even a smart TV) is not a mediaplayer. Therefore a TV cannot show anything that isn't offered either via the tuner or by secondary equipment. Even if this secondary equipment is a built- in player, the setting of subtitling will be done within the player module and never in the TV module.

Of coarse a Smart TV is also a media player. It is even advertised functionality that you can play video's over DLNA or from a USB connected harddisk. This includes support for subtitle files like .SRT.

The problem with languages like Greek is only a different character set I guess.

mihab
10-23-2012, 08:32 AM
some suggestions

possibility to delete channels- tv or sat ( i can hardly navigate the 1000 + channels )
when installing channels ( sat ) an option for free only would be very useful
instead of matrix channel display a true list would be mush easier to navigate ( or am i missing something )
add more lists - like news, kids, sport etc - not just favorites . this would make navigation much easier and faster
epg for the selected list
permanently disply the clock in on the screen in a corner
my tv 46PFL5537K/12

thank you

bogaty
10-23-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm still notice the ghosting effect while playing a game on PS3.Philips gonna do something with it?.I read many reviews and this happens to 40PFL5507 with samsung PVA panel.Really love this TV but this should be fixed, improve the response time!.

nosi
10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
UPGRADE:
oh new version fw... great? and for Czech great .) But Im worried to install it. Because I had bad expirience with version Q554E_0.92.0.0 (Date published: 2012-09-25), TV was very slow :( only one improvement was, that I could sort in SAT channel list according name or number :) But previous firmware Q554E_0.74.1.0 (Date published: 2012-02-28) was faster.. and I couldn't go back.

DOWNGRADE:
Is possible to go back from firmware 93 to 92, if I will find some new issue? If yes, I will try it update.

TV FROZEN:
For programer guys: When I have SCART source and turn off TV, than turn on TV ... I see SCART source.. hit TV source and TV will change to SAT channel, but any button on TV or Remote contor doesnt work... need to unplug TV from power :/...
Also in Home MENU I cant add to my sources - SCART input.

SKYPE for 5007:
I see, that in Europe we cant use skype for this series... why in latin america is possible to use SKYPE?
http://www.philips.com.ar/c/television/5000-series-dtvi-full-hd-1080p-de-107-cm-42-pulgadas-42pfl5007g_77/prd/
firmware:42pfl5007g_77_fus_asp.zip

supported TV for Skype Philips Camera:
Philips PTA317/00

KompatibilnŪ s: _PFL6xx7 (EU), _PFL7007 (EU), _PFL8007 (EU), _PDL6907, 46PFL9707, 60PFL9607, _PFL5007 (Lat. Am.), _PFL6007 (Lat. Am.), _PFL7007 (Lat. Am.)

Thank you

Racker
10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Of coarse a Smart TV is also a media player. It is even advertised functionality that you can play video's over DLNA or from a USB connected harddisk. This includes support for subtitle files like .SRT.

The problem with languages like Greek is only a different character set I guess.

Beg to differ... .SRT files are handled in the player part of the set- up, never in the display- part (the TV).

AfroJack
10-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Beg to differ... .SRT files are handled in the player part of the set- up, never in the display- part (the TV).

I agree that it is in the player part.
Since the player part is also in my TV (because I don't have an external player) I still state that the TV is also a media player.

giordan
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
The firmware version 0.93, from the point of view of the problems of ghosting and visual quality in general, seems a little bit better than 0.92. I believe, however, Philips was not correct to use panels from other manufacturers (Samsung PVA) for an excess demand by consumers, in some ways cheating who bought this tv watching the original Sharp panel or the great reviews obtained with that one. I doubt that they can improve the response time ..

The downgrade is possible (not recommended by Philips):

Instructions for downgrade to a lower SW version:

Switch the TV "off": unplug or use mainscord TV's mains switch.
Unzip file and copy "autorun.upg" in the root of an USB stick and plug it into TV.
Press the OK (or ARROW DOWN) button on the remote, keep it pressed, and cold-start the TV
(with USB stick plugged in).
You will now enter the software upgrade / downgrade menu.
Choose the correct autorun.upg and start the software update / downgrade.

Kvedr
10-26-2012, 09:51 AM
The firmware version 0.93, from the point of view of the problems of ghosting and visual quality in general, seems a little bit better than 0.92. I believe, however, Philips was not correct to use panels from other manufacturers (Samsung PVA) for an excess demand by consumers, in some ways cheating who bought this tv watching the original Sharp panel or the great reviews obtained with that one. I doubt that they can improve the response time ..

The downgrade is possible (not recommended by Philips):

Instructions for downgrade to a lower SW version:

Switch the TV "off": unplug or use mainscord TV's mains switch.
Unzip file and copy "autorun.upg" in the root of an USB stick and plug it into TV.
Press the OK (or ARROW DOWN) button on the remote, keep it pressed, and cold-start the TV
(with USB stick plugged in).
You will now enter the software upgrade / downgrade menu.
Choose the correct autorun.upg and start the software update / downgrade.

I just bought 40PFL5537K/12 with serial number ZH1I 1240 0121... It is presumably made at the beginning of october (week 40). ZH1I is maybe Sharp panel since many of sets with ZH1? or VN1? are Sharp panels. If it is so, than Philips again uses Sharp panels.

macgyver
10-27-2012, 06:52 AM
HiÖ

I have a Philips 40pfl5007h-k12 led tv. I think the default speakers of this tv are very worse. They making high pitched sound. For this reason I want to use external speakers. I tryied to use optical out and headphone out in left side on tv for connect external speakers. So when I connect speakers, I canít control easily the volume with tvís remote control. I have to enter a few menu for access headphones volume control screen. (menu/setup/tv settings/sound/headphones volume) It isn't useful and user friendly. It must be easier. I cant do it every time when I control the volume of tv.

And there is a another problem. This tv dont support turkish letters when showing subtitles. Itís show different letters. That's why turkish users canít use this tv for divx playing. We need a firmware update.

Thank you for your support.

Racker
10-27-2012, 07:55 AM
(....)I think the default speakers of this tv are very worse. They making high pitched sound. For this reason I want to use external speakers. I tryied to use optical out and headphone out in left side on tv for connect external speakers. So when I connect speakers, I canít control easily the volume with tvís remote control. I have to enter a few menu for access headphones volume control screen. (menu/setup/tv settings/sound/headphones volume) It isn't useful and user friendly. It must be easier. I cant do it every time when I control the volume of tv.(....).

I wholeheartedly agree with that! The "Incredible Sound", Philips advertised is incredible indeed... incredible sh*t!! :mad: I've applied for this option earlier: As far as I know, controlling Toslink (optical) by remote control would be a problem, technically speaking. But controlling the headphone out should be a simple software adjustment, urgently needed in the next update. Simply rename the headphone out to "auxiliary sound out" and give the user a choice by means of a check-box in setup, either to have a fixed volume or to follow remote control... PLEASE!!

gerard-g
10-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi, I encounter an issue with HD images when i set the TV so as to get the maximum sharpness : I enable [Super resolution], I turn [Sharpness] to 10, and I disable all others digital image enhancements processing (I mean that I disable Noise reduction, Natural Motion, clear LCD, MPEG artefact reduction...). Therefore, some areas of image are blinking when they contains some (digital or analog) film grain. This occurs with all HD sources (DVB-T or HDMI sources or USB) when the image has grain. This is very boring and I expect a software release. In the meanwhile, I set Noise reduction to medium in order to reduce these disturbances, but I cannot enjoy the maximum definition of the screen (however, my tv provides great images if no grain at all :-). MODEL : 32PFL5507H/12. Thank you for your help. Regards

Racker
10-28-2012, 07:33 PM
I agree that it is in the player part.
Since the player part is also in my TV (because I don't have an external player) I still state that the TV is also a media player. My simple 32pfl4007h will show subtitles in any language I choose in my external player.... apparently you've got a set with a built- in DVD/Blu-ray player? Never knew Philips had those.. But still: I do not see any reason why that wouldn't play Cyrillic or even Japanese subtitles.. Just out of curiosity: what's your model/type??

nosi
10-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Related to firmware 93. I already upgrade and reaction of TV is fine (as before). HBBTV for Czech works now. Other changes I didnt noticed.

AfroJack
10-29-2012, 07:27 AM
My simple 32pfl4007h will show subtitles in any language I choose in my external player.... apparently you've got a set with a built- in DVD/Blu-ray player? Never knew Philips had those.. But still: I do not see any reason why that wouldn't play Cyrillic or even Japanese subtitles.. Just out of curiosity: what's your model/type??

No I don't have a buildin DVD/Blu-ray player.

We have small misunderstanding here. A media player is not necessarily a DVD/Blu-ray player.
Our Philips SmartTV is capable of playing media files like ".avi" or ".mkv" from an USB device including support for subtitle files like ".srt". You can browse the contents of an attached USB device and play the media files with the build-in player. You can find the instructions for it in the manual so it is a part of the TV and should be supported as such.

For me it works ok with dutch language ".srt" files but apparently for some languages it doesn't. depending on the character set used. Officialy according to the manual the TV supports the following character encoding:

Windows-1252 (CP-1252)
-Superset of ISO 8859-1
-Western Europe
(Latin script or alphabet)

Maybe the languages that don't work properly don't fall into this category?

BTW, I have a 46pfl5507 :)

Racker
10-29-2012, 08:47 AM
No I don't have a buildin DVD/Blu-ray player.

We have small misunderstanding here. A media player is not necessarily a DVD/Blu-ray player.
Our Philips SmartTV is capable of playing media files like ".avi" or ".mkv" from an USB device including support for subtitle files like ".srt". (....) Officialy according to the manual the TV supports the following character encoding:

Windows-1252 (CP-1252)
-Superset of ISO 8859-1
-Western Europe
(Latin script or alphabet)

Maybe the languages that don't work properly don't fall into this category?

BTW, I have a 46pfl5507 :)

Ahhh... IC.. :) The culprit:Some decision-makers, in all their wisdom have decided to have two sets with names that are almost, but not quite equal: ISO 8859-1 holds only the most common European characters, while ISO-8859-1 (Note the extra Dash after "ISO") also holds "extra" characters, like f/i "ś" (see http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-1). According to your post, the TV-set supports only the "simplified" western European character-set, w/o the extra "dash".

Conclusion: this TV was clearly** never designed to be able to display any extended characters from .srt files, nor has it been advertised to do so. Though "someway or another" I do understand the confusion... :p

**Clearly: as clear as good old Dutch pea-spoup, as we say here.... :mad:

Philips - Benedickte
11-01-2012, 11:52 AM
SKYPE for 5007:
I see, that in Europe we cant use skype for this series... why in latin america is possible to use SKYPE?
http://www.philips.com.ar/c/television/5000-series-dtvi-full-hd-1080p-de-107-cm-42-pulgadas-42pfl5007g_77/prd/
firmware:42pfl5007g_77_fus_asp.zip

supported TV for Skype Philips Camera:
Philips PTA317/00

KompatibilnŪ s: _PFL6xx7 (EU), _PFL7007 (EU), _PFL8007 (EU), _PDL6907, 46PFL9707, 60PFL9607, _PFL5007 (Lat. Am.), _PFL6007 (Lat. Am.), _PFL7007 (Lat. Am.)

Thank you

Hi Nosi.

When it comes to latin american and European models these have different chassies and then also different specs. This is the reason why some of their models supports things like Skype and the European
models don't.

Best regards,
Benedickte

bogaty
11-02-2012, 12:21 PM
I made second video showing my problem with ghosting effect, while playing video game on 40PFL5507K/12.Dear Philips are you going to fix it?????.

Here is the short movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teA4zA-Nwfc&feature=youtu.be

mihab
11-03-2012, 09:16 PM
there are problems with EPG on sat channels. 50% of the time TV does not get EPG.
( on my other sat receiver i can see that there is EPG )

the position of channels on the Favorites list keeps changing the place-position on the screen - very annoying.

rather slow changing pages in favorites an slow changing between channels with the use of Favorites list

nera
11-04-2012, 01:37 PM
My 32PFL5007k/12 is loosing TV signal on DVB-C and has constant sound drops when another HDMI sourse is connected. It also make image corruption only when another hdmi is connected as shown in the tv, is this hardware or software ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTOl6cBeUjE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It didn;t happen before firmwre update.

mistrzb
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
nera - try to disable "Clear LCD", this cause sound drops on dvb-t and hdmi

Racker
11-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Got tired, waiting if this update would become available online, so finally did the USB upgrade. Hoped 0.93 would solve an auto- shutdown problem I had with with 0.92, and I think it did :o..

Upgrading went well, but for one, very annoying issue:

As requested, I disconnected all USB devices. After upgrading, upon reconnecting my HDD, the set didn't recognize it and subsequently I had to reformat. :mad: Thanks to the fact that I didn't have any important recordings, I can say "no real harm done" but I still think, this is an important issue...

Note: Just to find the cause, I Tried another external HDD, wich hadn't been connected to the TV before. Had to format that new disk, as expected. BUT: when I reconnected my earlier used HDD... the set forced me to do a completely unnecessary format on that one again! As I don't really see the necessity to reformat an already "Philips formatted" HDD when it's reconnected, I'd strongly request solving that issue in the next update, as IMHO this behavior may cause major mayhem w/o good reason.

AfroJack
11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Got tired, waiting if this update would become available online, so finally did the USB upgrade. Hoped 0.93 would solve an auto- shutdown problem I had with with 0.92, and I think it did :o..

Upgrading went well, but for one, very annoying issue:

As requested, I disconnected all USB devices. After upgrading, upon reconnecting my HDD, the set didn't recognize it and subsequently I had to reformat. :mad: Thanks to the fact that I didn't have any important recordings, I can say "no real harm done" but I still think, this is an important issue...

Note: Just to find the cause, I Tried another external HDD, wich hadn't been connected to the TV before. Had to format that new disk, as expected. BUT: when I reconnected my earlier used HDD... the set forced me to do a completely unnecessary format on that one again! As I don't really see the necessity to reformat an already "Philips formatted" HDD when it's reconnected, I'd strongly request solving that issue in the next update, as IMHO this behavior may cause major mayhem w/o good reason.

Sounds like a serious bug indeed.

Up-till-now I did every upgrade using a USB stick and without disconnecting my harddrive. This works without a reformat.

mihab
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
sometimes when first selecting the EPG , closing it and then tryiog to get the channel list, instead of diplaying the channel list , the EPG is displayed.
only when pressing + or - on the remote control ( switching the channel ) the channel list starts to work again

nera
11-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I disabled clear lcd and everything in natural motion and still same problem. Watching any hdmi video with sound is impossible. Even on channels with 5.1 sound via dvb-c i get a tweet every 20 seconds

bennoxxx
11-11-2012, 03:11 AM
seriously the speakers in this model are ridiculously bad, so you are forced to connect external speakers or a cinema set the problem is speakers connected to the headphone jack have a different volume control (???) than the tv speakers and cant be easily controlled with the remote this is so weird ive never seen a tv behave like this the tv doesnt even mute when headphones are plugged in, this should really be fixed.

AfroJack
11-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi Benedickte,

If you google around a bit on the Smart TV functionality of the Philips TVs then one major complaint is seen over and over again......the system is too slow to give a good user experience. This includes the EPG which I guess uses the same engine to run on.

Is this recognised by Philips and is this something that is worked on in software updates or is this just because of limited hardware?

Kind regards,

Jack

man1ac
11-16-2012, 07:17 AM
I want to use external speakers. I tryied to use optical out and headphone . I canít control easily the volume with tvís remote control.It must be easier.

And don't support turkish letters subtitles. That's why turkish users canít use this tv for divx playing. 6,7,8,9 series supported turkish character. why don't show 5 series?

mistrzb
11-17-2012, 09:05 PM
There is very big problem with switching mode on 5507 series. Tv sound hang very often after switching br->tv, tv >br dlna->tv, tv->dlna... Frequently remote stop working so i have to restart tv. Of course still exist problem with hbbtv and not working remote. There is so many bugs on this tv... :(

jamka
11-20-2012, 03:10 PM
the TV is good quality, but Philips need a better TV the handling, for example:
1 satellite favorites (sports, children, documentary, Movies, Ö) the same for TV selection
2 the second improvement if you select a channel (TV or Satellite) the TV needs to show you the overview of the program (what program and total time of the program Ö. )
3 Philips need to change the size of TV program Icons, they are too big
thanks

Racker
11-20-2012, 03:21 PM
I want to use external speakers. I tryied to use optical out and headphone . I can’t control easily the volume with tv’s remote control.It must be easier.

I asked for that before.. urgently! Hope someone at Philips can let us know if this is going to be implemented in the near future.

uhmer
11-21-2012, 07:47 AM
I have found 2 annoying things.
Today morning my TV turned on automatically and then shut off. Iīm using firmware 0.93
I have also problem with nature motion, most time it works perfectly but sometimes it starts to judder after every 3-4 seconds and juddering lasts for 1-2 second. After restart nature motion works well again, until next time. Iīm using HDMI and usb memory stick.

Racker
11-22-2012, 08:47 AM
BUG:

Yesterday guide suddenly and by itself reverted to "sender" instead of "network" as I have set under preferences.

Tried to change settings by first choosing sender and then back to network: no-go.:mad:
Unplugged the TV from power and plugged in again: success!

This morning, when I wanted to watch a recording, guide had automagically set itself to "sender" again. :mad::confused: Subsequently I could not reach my recorded programs, as they are only available when the guide is set to "network". :(

Reset the TV to factory settings and did a complete setup from scratch. Guide is set to "network" again, hope it'll stick this time...

Has anyone seen this behavior? Any clou what might have caused this, and above all: how can I prevent this from happening in future????

uhmer
11-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Is there coming support for DTS audio codec in mkv files?

tomekfsx
11-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I need help with I-EPG.
I've got channel list with DVB-T and DVB-C channels. When I switch channels to DVB-C on network EPG page there is still DVB-T list. I can't get to work list from DVB-C!

How can I fix it? I can't record programs and view full EPG...

Other problem is that only about half polish channels are on I-EPG so please make a full database of these channels or allow recording with EPG form cable provider...

BTW, sound drops on HDMI and SPDiF are still exists :-(

T.

pedropareja
12-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I have again a problem with the 55PFL5507H TV sound when this is conncected to my Mac Mini over a sound jack cable and dvi to hdmi for video. As you sugered, I generated a Blu-ray device and this was ok but now, with the last firmware version, sometimes sound is off after I select the blu-ray device and always when I turn 3D on. So I must turn the TV off and on to retrieve sound. When Philips fix this?

bogaty
12-07-2012, 01:49 PM
The only way to achieve 720p on full screen is set automatic and margins=0??

RVE
12-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I just bought an 40PFL5007H/12 and are not ablle to switch the channels, despite of the manual. No menu-item is displayed when i want to try to rearrange the channels.

Can anyone help?

I have got a list of the channels. Using the joinspace function i got an current list. But I didn't find a command to post the channels...

Racker
12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I just bought an 40PFL5007H/12 and are not ablle to switch the channels, despite of the manual. No menu-item is displayed when i want to try to rearrange the channels.(...)..

It's easy: Presuming you've already installed the TV and have automagically installed all channels: Switch on the TV and press "list" on your remote. You'll get a list of channels. Now hi-light the channel you wish to move to another place (select it with the <^> keys, but doe NOT press OK) and press "options" on the RC. Now you're able to move the channel to another place.

Note: You will have to do channel by channel like this, so it's a time consuming job... :( I'd leave the channels as they are if I were you, and get used to the new order..

RVE
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
It's easy: Presuming you've already installed the TV and have automagically installed all channels: Switch on the TV and press "list" on your remote. You'll get a list of channels. Now hi-light the channel you wish to move to another place (select it with the <^> keys, but doe NOT press OK) and press "options" on the RC. Now you're able to move the channel to another place.

Note: You will have to do channel by channel like this, so it's a time consuming job... :( I'd leave the channels as they are if I were you, and get used to the new order..

Thnx Racker, the case is: This function is disabled in the Netherlands, because of an agreement with several providers....
That's why i try too find an alternate option..

Racker
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Thnx Racker, the case is: This function is disabled in the Netherlands, because of an agreement with several providers....
That's why i try too find an alternate option.. Hmm... That's new to me: I'm from the Netherlands too; have been able to work like this on my mother-in law's 3000 series TV (Ziggo) as well as on the huge 9000 series of a friend (UPC) and my own 32PFL4007 (Digitenne). Are you sure it's disabled??

RVE
12-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Hmm... That's new to me: I'm from the Netherlands too; have been able to work like this on my mother-in law's 3000 series TV (Ziggo) as well as on the huge 9000 series of a friend (UPC) and my own 32PFL4007 (Digitenne). Are you sure it's disabled??

Racker, I talked with Philips support by phone. They told me. I found an artical on the net with the same problem. On my other TV from 2009 i can change the channels the way you discribe. On the new one i can't!! I know how to do it, but the function isn't available! I'm very disappointed in Philips now !! The only change i want to make is switching 3 HD channels with the same 3 not in HD.l

Racker
12-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Racker, I talked with Philips support by phone. They told me. (....).lThat's ludicrous! Philips should surely re- enable the function in their next firmware- update. It's Your TV, so YOU should be able to handle it as you wish!! :mad:

satturk
12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I just bought an 40PFL5007H/12 and are not ablle to switch the channels, despite of the manual. No menu-item is displayed when i want to try to rearrange the channels.

Can anyone help?

I have got a list of the channels. Using the joinspace function i got an current list. But I didn't find a command to post the channels...

That's strange
I have a 32pfl5007 with firmware 93 and i have no problems with rearranging channels with digitenne DVB-T.

satturk
12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my 32pfl5007 with latest firmware and i am curious if this is a bug or my tv has a problem. I am watching Digitenne (DVB-T) with na conax cam and smartcard. Only every few minutes the tv goes black and a message that there is no antenna signal appears, after a few seconds the channel is on again. I have put the same conax cam, smartcard and antenna in my tv downstairs, that one is an old samsung lcd....there are no problems in the samsung with this configuration.

I am a bit sorry that i havebought this model.........it's not a cheap one, so it would be nice if it works correct.

Racker
12-11-2012, 09:20 PM
(...)after a few seconds the channel is on again. I have put the same conax cam, smartcard and antenna in my tv downstairs, that one is an old samsung lcd....there are no problems in the samsung with this configuration..This sure looks like an antenna- problem. Do your two TV's share one single antenna? If so, it's a TV problem. If, as I suspect, you are using a seperate antenna for the upstairs TV, you should try moving this antenna to another position.

Elejn
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I have series 5007 and have problem installing digital channels. My cable operator provides 120 digital channels, but after the automatic installation the TV displays only 112. I tried adding the channel manually by inserting the missing frequency (home> channel settings> digital reception test> search) and TV discovered 8 new channels on that frequency. BUT instead of adding them they were inserted on the place of some of the previously installed channels which are now deleted and no longer on the list. How can i solve this?

Philips - Benedickte
12-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I have series 5007 and have problem installing digital channels. My cable operator provides 120 digital channels, but after the automatic installation the TV displays only 112. I tried adding the channel manually by inserting the missing frequency (home> channel settings> digital reception test> search) and TV discovered 8 new channels on that frequency. BUT instead of adding them they were inserted on the place of some of the previously installed channels which are now deleted and no longer on the list. How can i solve this?

Hi Elejn.

I have just sent you a PM, please see this.

Best regards,
Benedickte