PDA

View Full Version : Can I watch 3D movies via sources in Net TV, like YouTube or via the videostore?

Philips
12-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Answer: 3D content is only supported over the HDMI source.
So, 3D content offered directly to our TV's via USB, DLNA or via Net TV is NOT supported.

However, as mentioned below by Jessy, it is indeed possible to watch '3D content on USB' via our Blu-ray players and HTS systems (connected via HDMI to the TV) :)....

Jessy
12-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Answer: 3D content is only supported over the HDMI source.
3D content offered via USB, DLNA or via Net TV is NOT supported by the current TV's.

When you have a 3D PHILIPS Blu-Ray player, this has Net TV too, and a USB connector and DLNA, and it is connected to the TV via HDMI, so in this way I still can watch 3D content collected on the internet.
And I suppose every consumer with a 3D TV has a 3D Blu-ray player, so the message in not that negative.
Anybody with experience in this way?
Please tell us where to collect a 3D video file sample and learn us how to make it work.

Philips, please allow this “3D experimenting” topic on the (Net TV) forum, this is really something where consumers can help each other.

DellUser
12-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Perhaps someone can upload a 3D film-sample in the DRIVECAST application and provide access to us all?

Toengel
12-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi,

of course you can play anaglyph 3D content on your TV directly (with red/blue glasses). However, 3D content - such as Side-by-Side videos (MKVs) - you can play via a 3D Blu-ray-Player. For example with the Philips BDP9600/12. So I think, this is only a matter of software development (i.e. TV firmware).

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
12-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Perhaps someone can upload a 3D film-sample in the DRIVECAST application and provide access to us all?

Hi,

http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2010/11/21/philips-58pfl9955-test-mit-3d-filme-ber-usb-mkv/

in the 3rd paragraph is a link to the "Alice in Wonderland" 3D trailer. If you rename the *.ts file to *.mkv you can play it via a 3D Blu-ray player.

Toengel@Alex

DellUser
12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Thank you Toengel: here (http://3dvision-blog.com/stereoscopic-3d-trailer-for-the-movie-alice-in-wonderland/) are the samples

topcops
02-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I tried this with the BDP7500S2 and my 40PFL8605. The problem is that the TV doesn't recognize the 3D content, so the glasses are not activated. How will the TV recognize a 3D movie, played over USB via the Bluray player?

Toengel
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi,

first your TV need to have the 3d sensor installed. Second, play the 3D content on your BD player (if you use Side-by-Side movies you should see both images next to each other). Open the adjust menu (the one with the three vertical bars) and select sidy by side in the 3d menu. Finished. I think it is the same procedure if you have MVC coded movies on your HDD.

Toengel@Alex

topcops
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi,

first your TV need to have the 3d sensor installed. Second, play the 3D content on your BD player (if you use Side-by-Side movies you should see both images next to each other). Open the adjust menu (the one with the three vertical bars) and select sidy by side in the 3d menu. Finished. I think it is the same procedure if you have MVC coded movies on your HDD.

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel, thanks for the answer. Indeed with vertical or horizontal movies it works perfect. It's with the standard 3D movies that I can't get the TV to 'detect' 3D. no fix for that I suppose?

Toengel
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi,

what is a "standard 3D movie"? Can you post some information?

Toengel@Alex

topcops
02-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Like for example what you see when you rent a 3D movie. The typical 3D images you get are not horizontally or vertically split, but two layers over one another, with the blu and the red. All good 3D content is made that way, like avatar, sammy's adventures... you name it.

Toengel
02-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi,

well - you mixed some things...

There are different 3d modes:
1. anaglyph: red/blue (or red/cyan) (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image)
2. side by sidy or top/bottom (shutter technique) (Blu-ray 3D have MVC coding)

The first ones are watchable on every TV. You need special red/blue glasses. Often they are made of paper.
The second one is only watchable on TVs with shutter glasses such as the new Philips TV with PTA02 set.

Originally, Avatar was NOT made with the 1st method...

Toengel@Alex