PDA

View Full Version : Problem reading large MKV files

aofer
10-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi, I have a tv, model 46PFL6006H/12.
I'm trying to watch a movie using an external HDD.
The files I'm trying to view are all mkv format. usually X264 or H264 I think.
the files are HD movies of 720p quality, usually they are around 4-6 GB.
none of them seems to work, I get a message saying the file does not exist or cannot be read.
when I try to watch smaller files (tv shows) where the files are smaller (around 1 gb) and are also mkv of the same format everything works just fine.
I tried upgrading the firmware but it didn't seem to help.
is there any known issues regarding these formats?
it seems that an expensive tv such as these with all of its features should have no problem viewing these files. (my other Samsung cheaper tv open them just fine)

Is there something wrong with the tv? or it just doesn't support large mkv files?

Thanks,
Amit Ofer

Philips - Benedickte
10-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi, I have a tv, model 46PFL6006H/12.
I'm trying to watch a movie using an external HDD.
The files I'm trying to view are all mkv format. usually X264 or H264 I think.
the files are HD movies of 720p quality, usually they are around 4-6 GB.
none of them seems to work, I get a message saying the file does not exist or cannot be read.
when I try to watch smaller files (tv shows) where the files are smaller (around 1 gb) and are also mkv of the same format everything works just fine.
I tried upgrading the firmware but it didn't seem to help.
is there any known issues regarding these formats?
it seems that an expensive tv such as these with all of its features should have no problem viewing these files. (my other Samsung cheaper tv open them just fine)

Is there something wrong with the tv? or it just doesn't support large mkv files?

Thanks,
Amit Ofer

Hi Amit Ofer.

Could you please provide me with the Codec file info of one of the files that doesn't want to play?

Best regards,
Benedickte