PDA

View Full Version : Recording alternately to two external disks

okildemo@hotmail.com
10-21-2012, 06:40 PM
I've been recording to an external hard drive for some time. No problems! Then I removed the disk, and connected another disk to the TV (40PEL 6636T). It worked as well. But when I removed the other one, and tried to reconnect the first disk, I was told to format the disk, "and the content on the disk would disappear". The manual says I can't use the disk to record or play on any other TV, but it does not say that I cannot alternately use two disks. Anyone who have an good advice for what to do? I have a lot of stuff I want to watch on the first one. :confused:

Philips - Benedickte
10-30-2012, 09:50 AM
I've been recording to an external hard drive for some time. No problems! Then I removed the disk, and connected another disk to the TV (40PEL 6636T). It worked as well. But when I removed the other one, and tried to reconnect the first disk, I was told to format the disk, "and the content on the disk would disappear". The manual says I can't use the disk to record or play on any other TV, but it does not say that I cannot alternately use two disks. Anyone who have an good advice for what to do? I have a lot of stuff I want to watch on the first one. :confused:

Hi.

I can inform you that only 1 HDD is possible to use at any time on the TV for recording. The user manual also states "Once the USB hard disk device is formatted for this TV, you cannot use it on another TV or PC. Keep it connected permanently to the TV. "
So this means that what you are experiencing is normal behaviour om your TV.

Best regards,
Benedickte

okildemo@hotmail.com
10-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Yes, I can see that. But it still doesn't say but it does not say that I cannot alternately use two disks, only on this TV!

Br. Odd