PDA

View Full Version : 24PFL3507H don't play files who worked fine with older 42PFL7676H

Halback
10-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi all,

i'm french.
I'm very happy with my 42PFL7676H/12 so i decide to buy a more little TV for my bedroom.

I choose the 24PFL3507H/12 for DLNA compatibility but i'm very disappointed because a lot of files who work fine with my older TV doesn't work with the new one :

.avi files with FourCC DX50 : unsupported video
.avi files with GMC/Warppoints : intermittent black screen when the file is playing
.mkv with Header stripping (compression) : unsupported video/audio
.mp4 (avc/aac) : unsupported video/audio

all this files worked fine with my 7676H. Why not on the 3507H ?

Another annoying pb is the aspect ratio : it is not respected in full screen and there is no zoom option to change that except 1:1 but this is too small with SD Files :-(

Thks.

Philips - Benedickte
10-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi all,

i'm french.
I'm very happy with my 42PFL7676H/12 so i decide to buy a more little TV for my bedroom.

I choose the 24PFL3507H/12 for DLNA compatibility but i'm very disappointed because a lot of files who work fine with my older TV doesn't work with the new one :

.avi files with FourCC DX50 : unsupported video
.avi files with GMC/Warppoints : intermittent black screen when the file is playing
.mkv with Header stripping (compression) : unsupported video/audio
.mp4 (avc/aac) : unsupported video/audio

all this files worked fine with my 7676H. Why not on the 3507H ?

Another annoying pb is the aspect ratio : it is not respected in full screen and there is no zoom option to change that except 1:1 but this is too small with SD Files :-(

Thks.

Hi Halback.

Welcome to the forum.
Could you please confirm to me what software version that is installed on your TV?

Have you tried using Twonky or Windows media played 12 as a DLNA server? If not, please do so and report back the result.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

Halback
10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Could you please confirm to me what software version that is installed on your TV?

I have T921E 2.09 on my TV.
I see there's 2.12 available but 2.09 don't appear in the history list and the TV say there's no new Firmware. So i've not take the risk to do a manual update.

Have you tried using Twonky or Windows media played 12 as a DLNA server? If not, please do so and report back the result.

I've try Twonky (Philips version), PS3 media Server and Serviio.
All this files don't work trough USB too except the .mp4 files who work fine via USB but not via DLNA.

What can i say now after some tests :

The .avi (divx/DX50) files work if i manualy change the FourCC to "xvid" in the file.

The .mkv files (with Header Stripping) work if i manualy remux them to a .mkv file without Header Stripping (no compression)

The .mp4 files work if i manualy remux them to a .ts or .mkv file (or if i play them trough USB)

Thks.

Philips - Benedickte
10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I have T921E 2.09 on my TV.
I see there's 2.12 available but 2.09 don't appear in the history list and the TV say there's no new Firmware. So i've not take the risk to do a manual update.

I've try Twonky (Philips version), PS3 media Server and Serviio.
All this files don't work trough USB too except the .mp4 files who work fine via USB but not via DLNA.

What can i say now after some tests :

The .avi (divx/DX50) files work if i manualy change the FourCC to "xvid" in the file.

The .mkv files (with Header Stripping) work if i manualy remux them to a .mkv file without Header Stripping (no compression)

The .mp4 files work if i manualy remux them to a .ts or .mkv file (or if i play them trough USB)

Thks.

Hi Halback.

I would advise you to download the software opn your PC and put this on a USB then update yoru TV. This is no problem. Not every software update get something we call IP-Push and able to download from TV.

When it comes to your files, please check the media info on them (Audio and video codec), this might not be in the supported codecs on the TV. The supported files over DLNA and USB can be found under multimedia section in the manual.

Best regards,
Benedickte