PDA

View Full Version : NetTV Problem

Philipswalther
12-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Hallo Philips

Philips 40PFL7605, bis jetzt funktioniert alles außer Net tv und seinen Nebenwirkungen. Nach ein paar Minuten erscheint auf dem Bildschirm eine graue Schicht, als wäre eine dunkle Folie auf dem Bildschirm, und geht nicht mehr weg, gestern Abend war sie sogar Grün. FB funktioniert auch nicht mehr, außer dem Ein-/Ausknöpfchen. Bin ratlos!

Ich bitte um Fehlerbehebung!

MfG,
Philipswalther

Toengel
12-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi,

you need to write in English...

Toengel@Alex

Philipswalther
12-19-2010, 03:01 PM
you no English

Philipswalther
12-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Hello,
Philips 40PFL7065, everything works fine except NetTV. After a few minutes using NetTV a grey layers appears on the screen. It looks like a dark plastic film on the screen and it won´t disappear. Yesterday evening it was green instead of grey! The remote controll don´t work if that happens, only the power off/on button.

bta
12-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi,

I've mentioned this already at the support holine by phone. The comment was, this only happes in combination with LAN (by wire).

Desipite of this comment I've this problem with Wi-Fi on my 40pfl7605 with the 140.025 SW too. There are a lot of teething troubles on NetTv. Although philips seem to be very rare at the forum they hopefully work on the software problems.

Regards
bta

Samsonite
12-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Hello.

This seems to be set specific as nobody else has a complaint like this.
Better contact Philips Service as long as the set is still in warranty?

Leonos
12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Please give us back the old NetTV, taht one was always up and always worked. The new one really sucks, is often not reachable and especially it's very very sloooow and can't be trusted. One wrong choice and your on trouble.

mike
12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello,

Please speed up the NETTV as indeed it's very slow.
I found the old APP GALLERY more user-friendly:
- can you add some more app's per screen/page in the APP GALLERY, now only 4 apps are shown per screen.
- it's not possible to try out an app from the APP GALLERY, you have to add it to your favourites first.
- when you add an app to the favourites, the screen is switched and the favourites screen is shown. This is very annoying when you want to add more than one app.

gramir
01-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Hello,

I have the same issue with my Philips 40PFL7605H/12. Everything works fine except NetTV. After a few minutes using NetTV a grey or pink semi-transparent layer appears on the screen. I am not able to see the on screen information anymore, therefore the remote-control becomes useless and I can only turn off/on the TV.

I have this issue with both wireless and wired connection.

The recomendation I have received from the phone assistance is to call the local technical support to let them test the TV in their labs.

bta
01-14-2011, 09:43 PM
...After a few minutes using NetTV a grey or pink semi-transparent layer appears on the screen. I am not able to see the on screen information anymore, therefore the remote-control becomes useless and I can only turn off/on the TV.

Hi,

today I've had this problem with my 40PFL7605H/12 (FW 140.27) again. After watching NetTV over approx. 30 minutes a pink semi-transparent layer apperas as I go back to normal tv mode by the browser button. The only thing that helps ws to switch the tv off and on again.

regards
bta

tolgaakcan
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi BTA,

I have exactly the same problem. I just got it a few days ago.
Would you please check if you have same grey transparent layer seems to appear when you turn on your TV when showing Philips logo(it appears normal bright white after few seconds.
Do you use cable and wifi together? (This may cause it.) So I will try either connection.
Another thing; Does it happen only in NETTV mode? I didn't notice when TV actually go semi transparent layer.
Do you ask any professional help from Philips at all?
If you did what did they say?
I hope you are there to answer my questions. tolgaakcan@hotmail.com is my private. I am after that issue I might need a help..

tolgaakcan
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Hello,
Philips 40PFL7065, everything works fine except NetTV. After a few minutes using NetTV a grey layers appears on the screen. It looks like a dark plastic film on the screen and it won´t disappear. Yesterday evening it was green instead of grey! The remote controll don´t work if that happens, only the power off/on button.

What happend? did you sort the problem out? Or you still have to put up with it.

Philips
02-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Update 4-FEB-'11: This "semitransparent layer" issue has been reported to development. They are currently investigating it. As soon there is progress, we will let you know here.

Toengel
02-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi,

@Philips

in this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?913-problem-with-Net-TV&p=2845&viewfull=1#post2845) a possible reason (linux problem with opera) was mentioned. Maybe it is a good start for your development department.

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

tolgaakcan
02-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Hi, i hope this will be sorted our soon. It is quite frustrating..

gramir
02-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi,

regarding this semitransparent layer issue, matsagos and vatsok are going to have the main board replaced.

I have informed my local support about this, but I have put them on hold because I want to wait the feedback from the development department and from matsagos and vatsok to see what is the best thing to do.

Best Regards,
gramir

WarriorSan
02-06-2011, 12:24 AM
I just bought my TV yesterday ( 40PFL7605H/12) and I had this grey overlay / remote not working already multiple times.. :( Turning the TV off / on seems the only solution very frustating so I hope it gets fixed soon..

tolgaakcan
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Dear Gramir,

What happend after replacement of the main board. Was it fixed? Did you have any feedback afterwards?
All the best

Tolga

Hi,

regarding this semitransparent layer issue, matsagos and vatsok are going to have the main board replaced.

I have informed my local support about this, but I have put them on hold because I want to wait the feedback from the development department and from matsagos and vatsok to see what is the best thing to do.

Best Regards,
gramir

gramir
02-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi tolgaakcan,

I have just informed the local support about the issue, but before replacing the main board I told them that I want to wait for feeback from the development department and some customers (e.g. matsagos and vatsok).

Apparently it seems that matsagos' TV is working properly with the new main board.

Best Regards,
gramir

tolgaakcan
02-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi tolgaakcan,

I have just informed the local support about the issue, but before replacing the main board I told them that I want to wait for feeback from the development department and some customers (e.g. matsagos and vatsok).

Apparently it seems that matsagos' TV is working properly with the new main board.

Best Regards,
gramir

Dear Gramir,

As I have mantioned this layer trouble doesn't occur so frequently. Philips don't say anything about mainboard yet they have no clue about what causes this.

I assume Matsagos has just got his TV back so I wonder if it is really fixed or just needs some time to experiece this problem.
Only thing I know is that philips service changes main board just in case. So we don't know for sure if mainboard failure causes this.
Have you observed exacly how this pink layer pops on the screen. It seems it isn't something that a user can do. It happens randomlly.
If you know how or what button on your remote can trigger this layer appear on the screen?
I will ask service to come home and show them.
However I don't know how I demostrate it when they come home..

tolgaakcan
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Dear Moderator,
Would you please give us all a feedback about the developement on this particular issue?
Should we do have a change of the mainboard? Is it a software or hardware failure? If you at least say that. So we will know whether we should wait or go take a replacement?
Please advice...
Best regards
TOL

Update 4-FEB-'11: This "semitransparent layer" issue has been reported to development. They are currently investigating it. As soon there is progress, we will let you know here.

gramir
02-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Dear tolgaakcan,

I have noticed that it is totally unpredictable when the issue occurs. I have been asked by the moderator to provide pictures and videos showing it and this is what I did. Now my documentation is in the development department hands and an official report about this issue has been created. Hopefully my documentation will be useful to identify the real root cause and solve it.

For this reason I have put the local support on hold, until we have an official feedback from the development department and the end users response (especially from who has or is giong to have the main board replaced).

Anyway at this point a preliminary feedback from Philips would be really appreciated :-)

Best Regards, Graziano

tolgaakcan
02-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Dear Graziano,

Here is the first pictrure I took.. I hope it helps the R&D to fixit up..

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9769/img0907y.jpg

good luck!

Dear tolgaakcan,

I have noticed that it is totally unpredictable when the issue occurs. I have been asked by the moderator to provide pictures and videos showing it and this is what I did. Now my documentation is in the development department hands and an official report about this issue has been created. Hopefully my documentation will be useful to identify the real root cause and solve it.

For this reason I have put the local support on hold, until we have an official feedback from the development department and the end users response (especially from who has or is giong to have the main board replaced).

Anyway at this point a preliminary feedback from Philips would be really appreciated :-)

Best Regards, Graziano

Toengel
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi,

you activated the "girl-mode" :D

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
02-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Yes If only I knew how to turn it back to butch mode..:)

Hi,

you activated the "girl-mode" :D

Toengel@Alex

gramir
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi tolgaakcan,

your picture is very familiar to me :-(

It would be very interesting to know from matsagos if this issue on his TV has been solved definitively and from vatsok if he has got his TV back from local support.

Most of all, I would like Philips to keep us updated on how the debugging of this specific topic is proceeding. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
gramir

tolgaakcan
02-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Here is an update: philips decided to give a replacement. Should arrive in a few hours. I m sure new one has the same problem.. Let's see.. Ill keep you updated

Hi tolgaakcan,

your picture is very familiar to me :-(

It would be very interesting to know from matsagos if this issue on his TV has been solved definitively and from vatsok if he has got his TV back from local support.

Most of all, I would like Philips to keep us updated on how the debugging of this specific topic is proceeding. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
gramir

tolgaakcan
02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
To those who followed up so far.. This pink layer issue was really frustrating. Thanks to great customerservice they replaced my TV yesterday.
New TV also had some conax module problem so I didn't get to watch anything. Also it had some freezing problem with the menu. This pink layer turned to grey layer. How great is it :(
I was told that module needs upgrading so I sent it back to service center to get another upgrade.
Guess what.. service didn't managed to repair it and decided to give another replacement.. :(
Is it me or all philips TV's are like that? Or Am I cused or something.
It was 46 pfl 7605..
Should I change it to 8605.. I am not sure about that though it is little bit out of my budget.. I thing 7605 and 8605 are the same in software wise. Am I correct? Only 8605 is 3D.
Do you guys have any suggestion? Should I returned it totally to go for some other brand Samsung 6550 series.. They are pretty much the same price..
Everybody keeps telling me to give up on Philips. I gave already enough chance to it and they failed..
However I love ambilight and internet browser feature. I am angry and confused and tired to think if I am doing the right thing by accepting another replacement.
Are you guys really happy with your TV sets?
What would you have done?

WarriorSan
02-12-2011, 07:14 PM
@ tolgaakcan,

I just bought my tv (40PFL7605H/12) about 2 weeks ago and I have the grey / black screen, remote not working multiple times a day when using Net TV....:( The only solution is turning the tv off and on..very frustrating and for this reason I didn't even show off the possibilities of Net TV to friends/family ect. because it occurs so often. What's up with that?

Just like you I really like ambilight and the rest of the tv but philips must fix this asap because this is a real turn off for their consumers or at least give us some more info about the status of solving this problem? This is the philips support forum, right?

Some info:

-40PFL7605H/12
-Firmware 000.140.027.000
-Net TV connected through lan
-Ports 80 & 443 forward (Net TV)
-jointSPACE enabled and forward port 2323
-Cleared Net TV memory ect. / reset to factory / reflashed etc.

tolgaakcan
02-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi,

Yes, That is exactly what I am wondering here.. There are number of people experiencing the very same problem. Even I my self got couple of TV replacements. And clearly experienced many times. How come Philips didn't see that so far.

This is supposed to be the only official support forum. And we got no answer so far. At least I would have liked to hear that is due to software bug or hardware so we decide what to do whether we replace mainboard or wait for an upgrade on the software.
I have a chance to ask for full refund an go for another TV. If only I had a clue about what is wrong with the TV and what should I do?
Thanks for sharing.

@ tolgaakcan,

I just bought my tv (40PFL7605H/12) about 2 weeks ago and I have the grey / black screen, remote not working multiple times a day when using Net TV....:( The only solution is turning the tv off and on..very frustrating and for this reason I didn't even show off the possibilities of Net TV to friends/family ect. because it occurs so often. What's up with that?

Just like you I really like ambilight and the rest of the tv but philips must fix this asap because this is a real turn off for their consumers or at least give us some more info about the status of solving this problem? This is the philips support forum, right?

Some info:

-40PFL7605H/12
-Firmware 000.140.027.000
-Net TV connected through lan
-Ports 80 & 443 forward (Net TV)
-jointSPACE enabled and forward port 2323
-Cleared Net TV memory ect. / reset to factory / reflashed etc.

tolgaakcan
02-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Here we go again.. Pink layer appears this time I filmed it. I hope that convince Philips to look on to it sooner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgZYWGoBLrY

Quick reminder this is my second replacemend.. Still same thing. Frustrating!!!

Steel
02-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Hello,

At saterday i am the lucky owner of a philips 40pfl7605. I'm testing the net tv and i also got the same problem mensioning here. My screen gets green or grey and the remote won't work anymore and i have to shut down the tv with the stand by button. I'm glad hearing that there are more people with this problem and i'm hoping philips can fix this problem soon.

Coyote
02-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi all,

I've purchased my 46PFL7605H/12 last November, had no problem with it so far. On Saturday the same issue came up: pink layer on Net TV, only restart helped.

By the way, it seems the annoying delays are not caused by the software: if I use Net TV with iPhone (joinspace), it executes the tasks much quicker.
Anyhow, it's a shame that either the remote control or the IR receiver is so slow for this price :-(

I hope Philips finds a solution on this issue soon.

UPDATE REGARDING PINK SCREEN: Philips engineers (unofficially) say we need to live with this problem, no solution possible. :-( Good news is, that it's occuring very rarely, so if you are offered a replacement, take the chance!

tolgaakcan
03-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Dear All,

Pink layer issue apearantelly only exists in 7000 series. I have seen no complains on 8000 or 9000 series. Am I wrong?
If so there shouldn't be because of software..

Coyote
03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Dear All,

Pink layer issue apearantelly only exists in 7000 series. I have seen no complains on 8000 or 9000 series. Am I wrong?
If so there shouldn't be because of software..

True, it's affecting 7000 series only. It seems to be hardware related (mainboard vs display connection)

tolgaakcan
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I am not sure about that however I was told that only difference with 7000-8000 series is panels. Accept for 8000 being 3D software and mainboards are the same. After pink later pops out interestingly OSD and menu disapears afterwards.

WarriorSan
03-02-2011, 05:55 PM
True, it's affecting 7000 series only. It seems to be hardware related (mainboard vs display connection)

If true, hopefully we get an official statement (or at least some more info) soon from Philips about the hardware failure and the option for their costumers to get a replacement because this is getting ridiculous..Since I bought my TV I have had these problems multiple times on a daily basis..Almost making Net TV unusable what's up with that?!

tolgaakcan
03-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Phlips service took my tv again to investigate the pink layering issue. This is third time. How sad!
1. 30th January I purchased 467605. It had pink layer+ ethernet socket was broken. It went to service on 3rd Feb and decided to give replacement.
2. Replacement also had pink layer issue +coax module failure so the replacement went to service to investigate what causes pink layer. They didn't figure it out so decided to upgrade firmware and fix conax module and bring back on 7th suggesting that they fixed pink layer failure.
3.I had a call on 10th by Philips service they ask whether tv was ok. I stated than I am frustrated and I should care less to maintain my temper. So I decided to take this as faith.
4. This time Philips paged me to ask if tv was fixed and if I'm happy with the service. It took me 4 days to think and decide If I should go that way saying NO I am not hapy at all and do the whole take tv back and forth service knowing they having no solution to it and yet the service here in Turkey has no idea what I am talking about. I paged back NO
5.I got a call from Philps this time and they said they wouldn't want unsatisfiedccustomers so they'd like to take it to service to investigate.. Even though I told them that there is bunch of people from Italy France Greece etc experiencing very same problem, they didn't seem to understand the issue.
6. 2nd March they took my tv again.

I don't know what I did to deserve this.

gramir
03-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi tolgaakcan,

any news about your TV?

gramir

tolgaakcan
03-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi,

Philips service paged me today saying that they fixed pink layer. How nice. So Philips R&D hasn't been able to solve it. But service in Turkey did it.
Off course they didn't manage to fix it I guess they just try exhaust me.

Philips service is really great though but technical staff has nothing they can do about it.

Anyway, Since it is my legal right to ask for refund. I asked customer service to replace my tv with 8000 series offcourse me paying the price difference.
It has nearly been one month since I bought the tv so I have a right to return it when I have experieced 3 unsuccesfull repairs in 1 month time
I don't think they turn me down. It's not just because I have a right also Philips has a great customer service. They really consider their customers.
So Philps Turkey send my request to Philips holland.. I have to wait for the answer.

Keep you updated...
Tolga

EddyLake
03-09-2011, 08:58 PM
To Philips,

I experience the exact same problem as described by other members, the appearance of a semi-transparant layer over the screen as soon as I select Net-TV. Occasionally I have seen a different color than pink, but it was as transparant as the pink layer.
Because the problem is described by other members in the same way there will be no need to replace the television. Apparently there is a software bug related to the videoscreen/videocard.
I hereby would like to ask Philips to give some informatie about the status of her attempt to find a working solution.

Tnolv
03-11-2011, 04:55 PM
To Philips: The same problem occurs on my 40PFL7605/12 (140.032) on a regular basis!

tolgaakcan
03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Dear All,
To the ones who followed my story about 7605. It took philips 2 weeks to decide what to do about my problem.. Finally they gave me another tv. I asked the shop to take it back to give me 8000 series by me paying the price differene
The shop took my 46pfl7605 back and changed with 8605.
No sooner i got it home I pushed net tv software to emerge pink layer. It's been 3 days so far.
Im confidet to say 8000 series don't have pink layer issue. And software is more stable somehow.
So I guess r&d should take it as a feedback.

rsaralegui
08-17-2011, 06:04 PM
I also have had the same problem (semi transparent grey / greenish layer) and did not use NetTV for a long time, in part because of this.

I am right now downloading software upgrade. Looking at the release notes, this problem should be fixed since May 18th, with version 0.140.36.0

Does anyone of you still have this problem? Is it solved?

Roberto.

EddyLake
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
After installing the latest firmware-release, you should not have this problem anymore, at least, it worked well for me.
In march 2011 I described the same problem and after a while Philips solved this problem with the release of new firmware. After installing that I expirienced a new problem; often the television does not react on the remote control.
This problem was solved by the next firmware-release, so the best is to install the latest version: 000.140.039.000, Zip file, 70.79 MB, Date published: 2011-07-27.
Mind you, the issue of slow acting Net-TV will not be solved by this version.

plps
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I have exactly the same problem withNet TV, or Smart TV now. Often the reaction of remote control and TV is blocked and you have to switch the TV Off and On again like a Windows PC this is absolutely annoying :mad: and frustrating. Please Philips letme know when there's new software to solve this :D problem!

EddyLake
02-27-2012, 01:56 PM
I have exactly the same problem withNet TV, or Smart TV now. Often the reaction of remote control and TV is blocked and you have to switch the TV Off and On again like a Windows PC this is absolutely annoying :mad: and frustrating. Please Philips letme know when there's new software to solve this :D problem!

Hi,

What is your cuurent FW-version, it should be _0.140.46.0 by now. Since installing this version I haven't had any problems with the problem you describe.