PDA

View Full Version : WAC3500 Won't turn on.

HugoFlex
10-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi everybody.
Apologgy for my english.
Few days ago I unplugged my WAC3500 just for cleaning around and when I plugged again it doesn't start up.
It makes some noise from inside parts and red led brigths steady. But LDC remains off. Once I saw some blinking on the LCD like trying to start up, but not anymore.
Anyone had the same problem and solved it?
Thankyou in advance.

Hugo.

Mach202
03-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Well after mine died yesterday I opened it up this morning to see if repair was possible. Like many others before I found that the capacitors behind the heatsink had leaked all over the place.
But what I also noticed was that there wasn't a scrap of fluff on the fan at the back of the unit. This fan clearly had never done a days work in its life. No wonder the capacitors went - it must have got quite hot behind that heatsink.
Faulty from the day it was sold and consequently always on borrowed time. Thanks Philips.

Intheknow
09-28-2014, 11:35 PM
I know it is an old blog but just had the same problem with my 50inch plasma. Philips put crappy fuses in their TV's and they are easy to replace. Go buy 5A/250V Slow Blow fuse from RadioShack in USA The Source in Canada. Take the back off the TV and by the power plug follow the black cable till you find the fuse. Replace and enjoy your fixed TV. If that does not fix it inspect the capacitors again an easy replacement. Good luck