PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v 150.48.9 for 6, 7, 8 and 9xx7 series (2012 models)

Philips - Benedickte
10-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi all,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
- Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronizing of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.

- IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

Note: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.

QF1EU-0.150.48.9 (Date published: 2012-10-25)
Besides general improvements on functionality and performance, the following items were added:
• Pointer functionality for Smart TV applications and Open Internet (*).
• Use of preferred channel list with M7 Satellite.
• Smooth streaming support for Microsoft Streaming video channels.
• Display of Digital TV channels to iPad/iPod/iPhone (MyRemote App 'WiFi Smart Screen').
• Additional aggregation views in Content Browser: extra Audio and Video view besides existing folder view.
• New channel logo database used.

The following items were improved:
• Control of TV via Smartphone or Tablet (MyRemote application).
• Zapping speed on analogue and digital channels.
• Speed of menu’s and ‘On Screen graphics’.
• Start-up behaviour with certain HTS devices.
• HbbTV performance.
• Improvements for Skype contact lists.

The following items were solved:
• Picture and audio problems when zapping to FR3 (France).
• Loosing WiFi connection.
• ‘No channel problem’ when selecting analogue channels (Russia).
• Crashes after using FFW/FRW in streaming video.
• ‘Files not playing’ when applying streaming video sources from Maxdome.
• Failing CI+ authentication in case of use of CI+ cards.

Note: (*) The pointer device, for use in Smart TV, is set by default to OFF.
To switch it ON, you'll need to select Smart TV and push the ‘Options’ button. An ‘Options menu’ will pop up.
The bottom row gives the possibility to put the ‘Remote control navigation’ from ‘Arrow keys’ to ‘Pointer’ and vice versa.

IMPORTANT: Once the software upgrade is complete, you need to disconnect the power cable from the power outlet.
Wait one or two minutes, then reconnect it. After that you can start your TV in the usual way.

Best regards,
Benedickte

NaC
10-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Benedickte,

Thank you very much for this software update! Hope it will solve the Natural Motion problem.
I have one question regarding the update process, and I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing this time before this FW update:
I remember from my last update (via USB) that when the TV finished updating the new firmware version, message appears on the screen asking to disconnect the main power cable.

According to the user manual and firmware update instruction mentioned in Philips website, I should press the "power" button on the remote control after the update completed.
Do I need to press the power button on the remote control after the update is finished or just disconnect the main power cable as the TV asks?

Thank you

Zebbie
10-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Any changelog? I also hope it solves the issues with perfect natural motion, if not I will have to sell this TV if the store refuse to give me a refund.

Bunker26
10-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Link to download?

Manuj
10-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Can you share changelog, or release notes whatever you call them ?
Thanks

aise
10-25-2012, 08:16 AM
will try it later today, would like to see changelog too.

Philips - Benedickte
10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Benedickte,

Thank you very much for this software update! Hope it will solve the Natural Motion problem.
I have one question regarding the update process, and I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing this time before this FW update:
I remember from my last update (via USB) that when the TV finished updating the new firmware version, message appears on the screen asking to disconnect the main power cable.

According to the user manual and firmware update instruction mentioned in Philips website, I should press the "power" button on the remote control after the update completed.
Do I need to press the power button on the remote control after the update is finished or just disconnect the main power cable as the TV asks?

Thank you

Hi NaC.

All you need to do when the update is done, is to disconnect the mains like stated over (2 minutes).

@All.
Changelog will come.

Best regards,
Benedickte

winnetou1960
10-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Standby bug on model 46PFL9707S has been solved with this new software. Thanks!

majorusa
10-25-2012, 11:10 AM
1. HDNM judder in 2D and 3D pictures. The topic is posted here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ll=1#post41563
2. Picture flicker in fine textures in 3D with HDNM on
3. LPCM bug - the topic is posted here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...0895#post40895
4. TV is not able to scale correctly 4:3 format in HDMI.
5. User not able to manually chose 4:3 format
6. Black picture in 2D-3D conversion while recording
7. Missing 3D depth adjustment "less" from 3D modes. It is present only in 2D to3D scaling though the advertisements and user manual mention this feature
8. Random detection of new device - the new device bug documented in the FW thread.
9. NET TV stability issues
10. TV not able to play back content recorded on TVRHD Romania through DVB-C and CI+.
11. Random subtitles garbling in DVB-C
12. Channel logos missing in 8xx7 series
13. Duplication of favorite channels
14. 8xx7 TV not coming out of stand-by
15. When using a HD recorder pressing rewind does not work, you first have to press pause and then rewind works (also when recording).
16. TV refuse to boot up when two HDD are connected. It enters a loop and shuts down and powers up by itself until one HDD is disconnected
17. TV unable to receive Sundance, Sundance HD and Nasul on UPC Romania.
Status: SOLVED - apparently the cable company after my complaint changed some settings but I cannot report what.
18. Remote issues
19. USB stick not recognized; needs hard-drive like partitioning to work
20. Video engine crashes on some video files, won't play any video files after that; only unplugging helps
21. TV guide shows all >1000 channels, not just the favorites; TV guide not usable like this
Status: ACKNOWLEDGED in mail from Philips customer service - not tested yet.

There you go. This is what I could test so far. The most disturbing thing is that Philips solved some bugs but failed to solve the really important ones in the 6xx7 series.

aise
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
will test myself later but if motion is still broken it's going back to store. not going to wait another firmware 2-3 months to see that it is still broken.

drunk munky
10-25-2012, 01:22 PM
will test myself later but if motion is still broken it's going back to store. not going to wait another firmware 2-3 months to see that it is still broken.

Well tv doesnt seem to be crashing anymore but a fundamental flaw with the arc through hdmi hasnt been fixed and i still have audio drop out on multichannel broadcasts, dlna streaming and all smart tv functions.

ironically i was supposed to be recieving a replacement today but instead of the tv turning up to the retailer they get a wall mount. in all defence of philips this isnt their fault but the suppliers who deal with their distribution.

Got to be honest though i nearly told them to stick it as this was very nearly the final straw. if the replacement fails to work like a tv should, ie. within manufacturers spec the replacement will be going back and im going for a panasonic tv, im almost done being a beta tester on their tvs.

Manuj
10-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi NaC.

All you need to do when the update is done, is to disconnect the mains like stated over (2 minutes).

@All.
Changelog will come.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Can you tell if judder should be addressed ?
Thanks

seti1337
10-25-2012, 01:40 PM

for met too will test it later in the evening

stefanox
10-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Update mine 46PFL9707 with the FM.
Still need to press 4 a 5 time's before the tv come out off standby modus.

majorusa
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Can you tell if judder should be addressed ?
Thanks

I think the right question is not if judder should be addressed, but will Philips address it? For sure was not addressed in this firmware.

mrb1972
10-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I think the right question is not if judder should be addressed, but will Philips address it? For sure was not addressed in this firmware.

Or perhaps it can't be addressed, is it just a limitation of their hardware? Who knows - does the problem effect the 6,7,8 models or just the 6?

Manuj
10-25-2012, 03:34 PM

If they admit they can't address it, then my next question will be about official return policy.
I think they should refund those asking for it. We don't get what they promote. This is what I thought I was buying, and not what I got (I likw copy/paste from Philips websites):

Philips invented HD Natural Motion to minimise juddering effects that are visible with movie-based picture content. The award winning algorithm estimates motion in the picture and corrects juddering movements in both broadcast and recorded movie material (such as DVD and Blu-ray Disc). The resulting smooth motion reproduction and excellent sharpness take the viewing experience to a higher level..

I can understand some other customers just don't care and decide to keep the TV.

Hello Philips... Do you copy ?
We seem to have some communication failure.

Zebbie
10-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, Philips should offer a refund if this is a hardware defect that can't be fixed with software. I will try to get a refund from Elgiganten in Sweden, but I'm not sure they will accept it since it was more than 30 days since I bought it and I don't have the package it came in anymore.

Toengel
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi,

see first post for changelog!

Toengel@Alex

majorusa
10-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Anyone managed to use the Wifi Smart screen feature? If yes, how? Thank you.

Toengel
10-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi,

I think we need an update for MyRemote app for Wifi-SmartScreen...

Toengel@Alex

NaC
10-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi NaC.

@All.
Changelog will come.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Benedickte,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I upgraded today the new firmware in my 42pfl6007k/12 and I want to thank Philips for the effort and the hard work, however one very important thing is missing un this firmware version: Improvements in picture quality.
After the update, I tested my TV and disappointed to find out that Philips did not focus on picture quality which was discussed in this forum by many people many times.
When I purchased my TV, I only had one thing in my head: Picture Quality. Not 3D, not smart TV, just picture quality…!
Can you tell me please if Natural Motion bug (which discussed a lot I this forum) is software related or hardware related?
Does Philips know that many customers having this serious bug, desperately asking for solution?
Please answer that question, many of us want to have Philips response on that issue.
Thank you

seti1337
10-25-2012, 08:40 PM
so i have no more doupt that philips can solve the HDNM problem which is really really the ONLY thing i wished to be solved.....i dont need SmartTV or anything like this i only want a working HDNM but i think its Hardware related

Manuj
10-25-2012, 08:50 PM
so i have no more doupt that philips can solve the HDNM problem which is really really the ONLY thing i wished to be solved.....i dont need SmartTV or anything like this i only want a working HDNM but i think its Hardware related

+1
The ONLY thing I wished to be solved is a working HDNM.

Anyone else ?

Zebbie
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
+1
The ONLY thing I wished to be solved is a working HDNM.

Anyone else ?

It's obviously a hardware defect and philips doesn't want to admit it. This model (6xx7) should never have hit the market with these serious issues. I don't know if these motion problems also exist on the higher end models (7xx7 and 8xx7), can anyone else comment on that?

Philips, please admit that this a hardware defect and do the only responsible thing, let us return or exchange the tv for another model.

drunk munky
10-25-2012, 10:34 PM
It's obviously a hardware defect and philips doesn't want to admit it. This model (6xx7) should never have hit the market with these serious issues. I don't know if these motion problems also exist on the higher end models (7xx7 and 8xx7), can anyone else comment on that?

Philips, please admit that this a hardware defect and do the only responsible thing, let us return or exchange the tv for another model.

Logically you would expect any firmware update to address the fundamental issues with the software, hdmi arc, hdnm picture judder, the constant crashing and many many more.

I would also think it logical to prioritise the bugs in order of importance possibly he ones most heavily reported of which the ones I have mentioned seem to be.

What worries me is that these faults are either impossible to fix or very difficult, if the latter is true then the promise of updates allows the products purchased to slip out of their exchange windows, if its the former then there really is a problem.

The picture on this tv is great and i can live with most of the bugs I have experienced but for me the audio dropping out is basic stuff, that said I have a replacement due tomorrow and will see how i get on. i just have this sneaking suspicion that this Tv will be going back too, I really hope I'm wrong and will report back if I can drag myself away from medal of honour.

Philips please indicate whether you are working on fixes for the heavily reported faults, I think you owe your customers that much.

majorusa
10-25-2012, 10:50 PM
My 4 year old 9603 does not have this issue and is a single core. I do not believe this is a hardware issue just the Philips development team is really weak and unprofessional. Or they simply do not care because this fault was raised by few enthusiasts on this forum. So the sales are not hit.

I waited two months for this firmware and the change log is simply a shame. Plus it is innacurate since they fixed the LPCM bug but they do not mention it. Also the adding of the less option in the regular 3D depth setting. In two months they fixed only one important bug: the LPCM. I think we cannot expect more from Philips. They have their own schedule and agenda and this forum is useless, the mods meetings are a joke, important is to have a shameless marketing and sales to the large masses of customers who do not understand a thing about quality of picture, fluidity of movement etc.

As for the posts here, who cares? We are just a bunch of noisy beta testers for them!

NaC
10-26-2012, 05:33 AM
6XX7 is made from LG panel which can be compared to LG LM670. Does someone know if LG suffers from natural motion problem? There is a chance that LG panel have very bad quality?
What about Philips 7 and 8 series, do they have the same NM issue (they have Samsung panels) ?

seti1337
10-26-2012, 07:43 AM
really really bad the HDNM issue ist known over 3Month and NOTHING really NOTHING changed on it WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??? is it Hardware related?

mrb1972
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
6XX7 is made from LG panel which can be compared to LG LM670. Does someone know if LG suffers from natural motion problem? There is a chance that LG panel have very bad quality?
What about Philips 7 and 8 series, do they have the same NM issue (they have Samsung panels) ?

I don't know for sure, but here is a snippet from the 7007 review on techradar

"It's here in three different settings, and though all create a more natural feel in terms of movement, there are noticeable side-effects during our Hugo Blu-ray disc. As Hugo runs through the train station, and even when he turns his head in an otherwise stationary shot, there's a crackle and flicker around him. "

Sounds like the same thing to me

mrb1972
10-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Has anyone else noticed that since the update the picture format defaults back to "Autofill" every time you switch the TV back on, or is it just me?

JosepX
10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
I know I say this is not correct, because you lose the warranty, but ...

If you enter the service menu, and change the first option code of the first group, on a 6007 we have perfect pixel and perfect motion.

You can test to see if that works better. In my unit movement works better than home.

To change, you have to type in the number, press ok then "store". Then you need to turn off the TV and turn on the new options have active.

I have a perfect pixel in this model and in a 50-7956 and are both perfect. No risk of damage.

Image is better in both cases.

Regards.

mrb1972
10-26-2012, 11:44 AM

If you enter the service menu, and change the first option code of the first group, on a 6007 we have perfect pixel and perfect motion.

You can test to see if that works better. In my unit movement works better than home.

To change, you have to type in the number, press ok then "store". Then you need to turn off the TV and turn on the new options have active.

I have a perfect pixel in this model and in a 50-7956 and are both perfect. No risk of damage.

Regards.

How do you enter the service menu?

mrb1972
10-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks, what exactly does those changes do? How does it improve the motion?

Toengel
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Hi,

please don't change anything in the service menu. If you type in something wrong it could break your TV and it's not usable anymore.

Toengel@Alex

JosepX
10-26-2012, 12:06 PM
if you change numbers without knowing, possibly inutilices the TV.
But in my case, I made ​​the switch in two different units, and both works perfectly.

You just have to know what to do and how to do it.

Regards.

Philips - Benedickte
10-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi All.

By going into the service menu, even when not changing anything, you will void the warranty on your TV.

Best regards,
Benedickte

majorusa
10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Thank you for the enforcement of the rules Benedickte. Now, maybe you will care to make a really useful comment on when the HDNM artifact /judder issue will be addressed? Thank you again.

Manuj
10-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Instead of No communication, we now get fear-based communication. Things are moving :)
I understand deleting posts and/or comments about exact codes to be used. Since it is not allowed nor supported by Philips.
But why leave people freely discuss about how great the HDNM might be... applying this forbidden modification ?

If several people confirm it solves number one defect, then the codes will shortly be shared everywhere.

A warranty is a statement by the seller or manufacturer of a product that it will work in the manner specified.
So I still wonder if my TV is under any king of warranty. HDNM is obviously not working in the manner specified... So I have yet to decide whether I'll give it a try this week-end.
I don't need anything else to be satisfied with this TV, just a working HDNM.

Brakius
10-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I upgrade my 55inch 8007 and the standby bug looks to be solved. But I get another bug back which is much anoying! When I start something to play from hdmi1, mediaplayer, I hear a hard sound, and everytime I press and start the play again, I get again this sound. I checked early played files, also. And this happend before update not. Please Philips repair this! And not over 2 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCExohpOhZY&feature=youtu.be

JosepX
10-26-2012, 04:04 PM
I do not know if going from pixel precise to perfect pixel solve the problem, but in my unit the management of motion improves.

It may not solve the problem, but I've noticed fewer artifacts now.

Since 2009, the lower series are almost identical hardware level to high series, but are limited by software.

I've turned into a pixel perfect all these: 42pfl7404, 50pfl7956, 42pfl7606 and 42pfl6007.

Currently, all work perfectly. You just have to know to be changed in the service menu.

I realize that I lose the warranty, but won in keeping the price benefits.

And if a defective TV, I'm sure it will for some reason beyond this.

Regards.

Zebbie
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Has anyone tried this on model 6877? I want to try it, but not sure if it's worth the risk.

majorusa
10-26-2012, 04:19 PM
It has the same HDNM judder / artifacts like the whole 6xx7 series.

mrb1972
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
I upgrade my 55inch 8007 and the standby bug looks to be solved. But I get another bug back which is much anoying! When I start something to play from hdmi1, mediaplayer, I hear a hard sound, and everytime I press and start the play again, I get again this sound. I checked early played files, also. And this happend before update not. Please Philips repair this! And not over 2 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCExohpOhZY&feature=youtu.be

Do you have any motion issues like the ones on the 6007?

drunk munky
10-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Thank you for the enforcement of the rules Benedickte. Now, maybe you will care to make a really useful comment on when the HDNM artifact /judder issue will be addressed? Thank you again.

LOL, brilliant!

Of course Philips could just send out a firmware update that negates the need to do a "DIY" fix, if it really is as simple as switching a mode on or off in the service menu then surely its not beyond a highly paid software developer to resolve in the next 7 to 8 weeks.

Brakius
10-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Which motion problems? I only see sometimes that the subtitles are also move from position or dirty effect round fast moving objects.

The bluray and usb tv give no sound when starting and pressing pause and restart. It is only the Western Digital Mediaplayer on HDMI. I really hate this!! Is it possible that I get the old firm back? Or have I to call Philips for this?

And offcourse, new devices detected. Philips, please built a option in the menu that it stopped with searching.

seti1337
10-26-2012, 06:26 PM
can somebody send me the Code which have to enter in the ServiceMenue

Alexr
10-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Is the sound bug over HDMI solved in this firmware release?
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7440-no-sound-from-xtreamer-prodigy-connected-with-hdmi

majorusa
10-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Is the sound bug over HDMI solved in this firmware release?
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7440-no-sound-from-xtreamer-prodigy-connected-with-hdmi

Yes. It is solved.

Alexr
10-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Yes. It is solved.
Oke, going to install the firmware and test it.
@Philips, thanx in advanced for solving (if solved).

seti1337
10-26-2012, 09:00 PM
i googled hard and finaly found the code.....i changed it in the service menue perfect motion turned on and what should i say..........WOAAAAAAA NICEEEEEEE much less artefacts much better motion and less less judder only a little bit is left and so it is absolutly perfect and works MUCHHHHH better the HD Natural Motion

NaC
10-26-2012, 09:02 PM

Regards.

JosepX,
Can you please confirm that the Natural Motion bug is solved with this change on service menu?
Since Philips is not taking responsibility to solve the most serious bug in 6XX7 TVs, then we have nothing to lose... I don’t feel like I have warranty on this TV if Philips can't do anything about it, or even release some response on that issue.
Several months were passed and we still have totally been ignored…
Philips please wake up!
Can you please post the service menu code and the instruction?
Thank you

seti1337
10-26-2012, 09:03 PM
JosepX posted the code and Philips mod deleted it.....i can confirm that the quality is much better and nearly perfect!

maxel-digi
10-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Why should philips allow to post codes here which transform an 6000 TV to an 8000 TV ..without paying the price difference?! Would you allow it if you were philips?

seti1337
10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
i only said what happens.....it was absolutly ok to delete it i would it do also....BUT

why Philips didnt used the perfect motion feature in the newest Firmware named it to HD Natural Motion and says thats an fixed HD Natural Motion, nobody has realised it and everyone would be happy.

Jeff_r
10-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Since the firmware update, my 46PFL8007 appear a less sharp image, the Perfect Natural Motion became horrible! There are now always drag the image is in action. In addition, the image sometimes flickers when high-contrast picture move to a picture softer.

The positives of this firmware is the fluidity of the TV menu and activate the Remote pointer.

This firmware is a disaster for the image quality of 46 PFL8007K. I'll make tonight a downgrade to version 133.

Excuse-me for my english, but i'm french ;-)

Brakius
10-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I called Philips about the audiobug. Test the WD TV Live mediaplayer V1 on other hdmi port, same problem, test mp3/mp4 no problem, test avi no problem. Later I test stereo setting and also with MKV no problem. So it seems that mkv with dolby digital track played by mediaplayer over the hdmi gives at every start of the sound a horribly tick sound.

letsmakethingsbetter
10-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Ok, tested "my" bugs tonight...

3. LPCM bug - the topic is posted here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...0895#post40895
Status: SOLVED in 150.48.9Well, it's not solved for me. I still don't get sound via HDMI from my Toshiba DVD.

8. Random detection of new device - the new device bug documented in the FW thread.
Status: SOLVED in 150.48.9Sorry to say so, but this bug is still present on my 37PFL6007.

19. USB stick not recognized; needs hard-drive like partitioning to work
Status: UNSOLVED - not tested yetNot solved, bug still present.

20. Video engine crashes on some video files, won't play any video files after that; only unplugging helps
Status: UNSOLVED - not tested yetWell, this issue seems to have been solved. Some videos still won't play but at least the TV does not crash any more. :D

21. TV guide shows all >1000 channels, not just the favorites; TV guide not usable like this
Status: ACKNOWLEDGED in mail from Philips customer service - not tested yet.Solved :D

Thank you, Philips, for fixing some of the bugs. Others are still present though!
So keep up the work on the next sw release. And please don't let us wait for 2 months again

Regards,
letsmakethingsbetter

drunk munky
10-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Logically you would expect any firmware update to address the fundamental issues with the software, hdmi arc, hdnm picture judder, the constant crashing and many many more.

I would also think it logical to prioritise the bugs in order of importance possibly he ones most heavily reported of which the ones I have mentioned seem to be.

What worries me is that these faults are either impossible to fix or very difficult, if the latter is true then the promise of updates allows the products purchased to slip out of their exchange windows, if its the former then there really is a problem.

The picture on this tv is great and i can live with most of the bugs I have experienced but for me the audio dropping out is basic stuff, that said I have a replacement due tomorrow and will see how i get on. i just have this sneaking suspicion that this Tv will be going back too, I really hope I'm wrong and will report back if I can drag myself away from medal of honour.

Philips please indicate whether you are working on fixes for the heavily reported faults, I think you owe your customers that much.

Update with replacement

Audio dropping out but now very infrequently, TV has crashed once and HDMI arc doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't want to be a dick about this but how do I get an answer from Philips about whether these problems will get fixed, the hdnm bug is annoying too but everyone else has done that fault to death.

Zebbie
10-27-2012, 04:17 AM
Why should philips allow to post codes here which transform an 6000 TV to an 8000 TV ..without paying the price difference?! Would you allow it if you were philips?

So the only diffence between 6xx7 and 8xx7 is software? If that's the case this means that Philips will never fix the motion issues in any upcoming firmware for the 6xx7 series.

I have found the code after some googling and will try it later on my model (47pfl6877t). Shame on you Philips, this was my last purchase from your company.

seti1337
10-27-2012, 07:14 AM
have someone the two older firmwares for 6007k or 8007k ?? if yes could you upload it and provide me links?

Toengel
10-27-2012, 08:15 AM
So the only diffence between 6xx7 and 8xx7 is software?

Hi,

of course not. The thing is, that the 6007 have HD Natural Motion (HDNM) picture enhancement and all other 6xx7 have Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) picture enhancement algorithms. 6xx7 are exclusive models for special shops. To have an advantage against the standard model (6007) they have activated the better algorithm (PNM).

All TVs from 6007 to 9x07 share the same firmware file, but not all features are activated due to different hardware options.

Toengel@Alex

mrb1972
10-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Philips - Has the update changed anything on the dynamic backlight system, since the update scene changes to bright scenes seems to cause a horizontal line flicker around the centre of the screen, this happens even set to standard, didn't notice this before the update

Anyone else seen this?

Brakius
10-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Update sound problem: when putting hdmi arc off, the problem is solved. What is hdmi arc for?

EDIT
Tempory solved? As it does again make tik-sound when starting.

seti1337
10-27-2012, 08:42 AM
could please someone upload me the older firmware 133. ???

drunk munky
10-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Update sound problem: when putting hdmi arc off, the problem is solved. What is hdmi arc for?

EDIT
Tempory solved? As it does again make tik-sound when starting.

Sorry if I misunderstand but are you saying HDMI arc works with the feature switched off?

Or are you talking about a previous fault you have reported with your HDMI input/output?

Thanks

Brakius
10-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I thought to put hdmi arc off it was solved, but it seems not to be solved. Yes I am talking about the previous failt, when playing a MKV file with dobly surround every time at the start I hear a hard ticking sound. But when playing Mp3 it is not and when I switch the setting of my mediaplayer to play stereo it give also no hard sound at the start.

Jeff_r
10-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Philips - Has the update changed anything on the dynamic backlight system, since the update scene changes to bright scenes seems to cause a horizontal line flicker around the centre of the screen, this happens even set to standard, didn't notice this before the update

Anyone else seen this?

I have the same problem with my 46FPL8007 since the upgrade...

Philips, said me how to downgrade

seti1337
10-27-2012, 09:48 AM
same like upgrade!!

mrb1972
10-27-2012, 09:56 AM
I have the same problem with my 46FPL8007 since the upgrade...

Philips, said me how to downgrade

Turning off dynamic backlight stops the problem, not good. I didn't think you could downgrade from this update due to the new standby software?

seti1337
10-27-2012, 10:03 AM
downgrade works! and picturequality is much better looks sharper and more brilliant

Jeff_r
10-27-2012, 11:45 AM
downgrade works! and picturequality is much better looks sharper and more brilliant

how did you do it?

seti1337
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
how did you do it?

same like upgrade

mrb1972
10-27-2012, 01:22 PM

Do you have a link to the old firmware?

Jeff_r
10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Downgrade done ! Now the picture quality is returned !

Jeff_r
10-27-2012, 05:51 PM
When Philips will improve the Perfect Natural Motion on 8007 ?

mrb1972
10-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Can anyone tell me how to down grade, the exact procedure? I have the file but I can't seem to downgrade

Thanks

Jeff_r
10-28-2012, 08:53 AM
If you put the usb key into your tv, the old firmware will not be detected.
It must go into the menu and select parameter update to local and select the usb key

Syncmahv
10-28-2012, 08:54 AM
I still cant get my hands on this thing with my 46pfl7007K/12.
i have had this problem with every firmware and just now i found out that when switching from Game or Computer mode to Off mode i will get my pixels back.
So when in Game or Computer mode i will lose some pixels from right side of the TV and when in Off mode i will get full screen showing, TV is in all cases in unscaled mode.(Doesnt matter what device is it PS3, WDTVLIVE HUB OR PC)
WTF is wrong?

Images are 4000x3000 !!!!!!!!!!!!

When in OFF mode
http://www.upload.ee/image/2780734/P1080785.JPG
When in Computer or Game mode
http://www.upload.ee/image/2780735/P1080786.JPG

I need those pixels when in game or computer mode, because in off mode i get to big input lag.

mrb1972
10-28-2012, 09:49 AM
If I do that I get a message saying to insert USB stick so is can write and identification file, I am then told to take the USB to a pc and follow the instructions which basically results in being told the firmware is upto date

Update - I have worked it out now, downgrade complete, no more flicker

JosepX
10-28-2012, 12:42 PM
There is a very good spanish forum "forodvd.com". Here is much information about 6007 models in his thread.

Regards.

Dutchtronic
10-28-2012, 12:49 PM
When Philips will improve the Perfect Natural Motion on 8007 ?.

Hi,

I also own a 40-inch 8007, and I really do not understand what is the fuzz all about here with this PNM thing! I don't notice any of these artefacts (have the 150.48 SW). I watch digital TV from UPC via STB and HDMI, and have a Popcorn on HDMI-2. I often play FHD material, and also some SD via the STB. All picture "improvement" settings are on minimal, also PNM.

Picture looks awesome! I sometimes have the idea that, because one person here starts to shout about something, all got triggered and follow this...... I sometimes see smearing effects, playing a movie from my Popcorn, but that has 100% to do with the quality of the content (high compression rate) and not with the TV.
Playing this video from YT with the vertical lines, does not say anything! Played it on my laptop and also had these artifacts. On my TV, when PNM was set to OFF, the bars started moving backwards (like with a wheel in motion). Asked my frien to test it on his Samsung 8000 set, and guess what: same result!

Don't get me wrong, it can maybe be a tuner-based issue, as I cannot test that: I only use HDMI (and IP). Maybe you guys having the issue can indicate that?

I think that the strong points of this TV are its small bezel design, it's great picture quality and of course the Ambilight. That is getting better all the time!

seti1337
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM

Hi,

I also own a 40-inch 8007, and I really do not understand what is the fuzz all about here with this PNM thing! I don't notice any of these artefacts (have the 150.48 SW). I watch digital TV from UPC via STB and HDMI, and have a Popcorn on HDMI-2. I often play FHD material, and also some SD via the STB. All picture "improvement" settings are on minimal, also PNM.

Picture looks awesome! I sometimes have the idea that, because one person here starts to shout about something, all got triggered and follow this...... I sometimes see smearing effects, playing a movie from my Popcorn, but that has 100% to do with the quality of the content (high compression rate) and not with the TV.
Playing this video from YT with the vertical lines, does not say anything! Played it on my laptop and also had these artifacts. On my TV, when PNM was set to OFF, the bars started moving backwards (like with a wheel in motion). Asked my frien to test it on his Samsung 8000 set, and guess what: same result!

Don't get me wrong, it can maybe be a tuner-based issue, as I cannot test that: I only use HDMI (and IP). Maybe you guys having the issue can indicate that?

I think that the strong points of this TV are its small bezel design, it's great picture quality and of course the Ambilight. That is getting better all the time!

its most happened to people with HDNM instead PNM so you have PNM and its much better!!!!

i enabled PNM on my 6007 in option codes and its awesome.....its much better then HDNM
I think the Option Code thing by JosepX is only for 6XXX and 7XXX 2012 Series and not for the special Models which already has PNM enabled

But the Picture Quality in 133.5 is much better than in 150 an i think thats triggers all Series 6/7/8/9

Brakius
10-28-2012, 02:53 PM
I have the 55 inch 8007 but i do not see that the picture quality is less with this firmware.

Jhoogen
10-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi,

Yesterday i update my 55PFL8007 to the latest firmware (v150.xx.x) Now he flickers when high-contrast picture move to a picture softer. Not really an improvement. (not avalible on V133.4). Everytime when i power off the TV (not standby) he detecs my HDMI devices again. Very irritating! How can i back to V133.xx? Anyone a download link?

mrb1972
10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi,

Yesterday i update my 55PFL8007 to the latest firmware (v150.xx.x) Now he flickers when high-contrast picture move to a picture softer. Not really an improvement. (not avalible on V133.4). Everytime when i power off the TV (not standby) he detecs my HDMI devices again. Very irritating! How can i back to V133.xx? Anyone a download link?

I had the same problem with the flicker, had to downgrade to 133.5, you may have to contact philips for the download file though

majorusa
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM
New bug:
- After watching HDMI returning to DVB-C the TV does not show the schdule and program info by pressing i+ key. All it is showing is 00:00 at clock and No info at program name.

Bunker26
10-29-2012, 11:38 AM
QF1EU-0.150.48.9 (Date published: 2012-10-25)

• New channel logo database used.

Where I can find the channel name?

paudib
10-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi,

for me, the last firmware (v150xxx) did not solve the disconnecting Wifi problem. The problem still occur, but is less frequent.

JosepX
10-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Good morning, guys.

In my unit did not get to install version 0.133.5.0, i was in the 0.133.4.0. Going from this to 0.150 I notice improved image.

Which has better picture quality? 0.134.4.0 or 0.135.5.0

Regards.

majorusa
10-30-2012, 01:27 PM
In my opinion 133.4. And by the way, thank you for your good words on forodvd.

mrb1972
10-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Good morning, guys.

In my unit did not get to install version 0.133.5.0, i was in the 0.133.4.0. Going from this to 0.150 I notice improved image.

Which has better picture quality? 0.134.4.0 or 0.135.5.0

Regards.

im happy with 135.5

mrb1972
10-30-2012, 01:36 PM

Majorusa did you try that service menu tweak to see if motion was improved?

JosepX
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Majorusa did you try that service menu tweak to see if motion was improved?

+1

Regards

JosepX
10-30-2012, 01:44 PM

no that, missing more, majorusa

vuma02
10-30-2012, 02:25 PM
just got home and i turned on the tv to be greeted by a new software ver 150.48.10. i have done it over the air and havent seen much difference between the two. i had updated my tv 8007 46inch just a few days ago to the 150.48.09. does anyone know the difference?

Toengel
10-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi,

maybe the teletext bug was fixed.

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi,

Firmware 150.48.13 was released some minutes ago. Please install this new firmware and post your feedback here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8753-Your-experiences-with-FW-v-150-48-13-for-6-7-8-and-9xx7-series-(2012-models)&p=44093#post44093

Toengel@Alex

Brakius
10-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Philips called me back and told me that the mediaplayer sound problem was not a problem which was caused by the TV. Hmm, I did yesterday a downgrade and... the soundproblem was solved! Also as I was watching a tv programm, I could see that it was indeed true that this firmware was slightly softer of picture quality. I had the standby problem, it seems that it is solved. Also after downgrade.

majorusa
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Philips called me back and told me that the mediaplayer sound problem was not a problem which was caused by the TV. Hmm, I did yesterday a downgrade and... the soundproblem was solved! Also as I was watching a tv programm, I could see that it was indeed true that this firmware was slightly softer of picture quality. I had the standby problem, it seems that it is solved. Also after downgrade.

Then maybe Philips explains why so many people could not hear the sound from the mediaplayer through Philips TV speakers.