PDA

View Full Version : Philips deserted the support of these products

k1200rs
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
When the new NP3xxx range was introduced, Philips abandonned the forum support of the NP2xxx.
Here it starts again with the introduction of new products (Fidelio, etc.), the NP3xxx is now deserted.
This company is very strange. In terms of product development, support, new releases and above all the communication it seems everything is wrong.
I still recognze that the HW and the sound are fantastic (the most important things), but gosh...everything else just sucks. We need to be really courageous and loyal to stay here, unlike the Philips support who just ran away.

k1200rs
10-25-2012, 05:21 PM
In fact I am wrong. It not just this forum that is deserted. I counted the messages published by Philips people in one month in all Philips Support Forums: 12 messages.
i.e. less than one message per day for all the forums...and they are 4 or 5 different Philips people. Must be a stressing job.

Oscar
10-26-2012, 09:57 AM
I counted much much more but ok..

hugomac
11-17-2012, 05:16 PM
it seems staggering that Philips are selling new systems with a track record like this. Has there been any update on what is happening to the 2900? I have written to the FT who recommended the 2900 and to John Lewis who are including new Philips products in their catalogue.

k1200rs
11-22-2012, 07:37 AM
I have been a customer of Philips wireless audio since the beginning. I have observed that unlike other vendors, Philips does not add new features on existing products (they just fix major bugs). New features and enhancement are reserved to coming new products (probably for a cost reason). For example, Android control of the NP3900 is not great, does not work smoothly, I can produce or reproduce bugs easily. I see that AirStudio is simpler and probably (hope) better, but that's only for the new wireless product range (i.e. not the NP3900). Other example, Spotify is available on the 3900 and not on the 2900. Etc.