PDA

View Full Version : Phillips CMD310 Docking Radio

Spanky2k5
10-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi all!

Bought this yesterday and had it fitted to my car by Halfords.
All the research I did on the unit indicated it was quite compatible with music applications on the iPhone but I don't seem able to get my music playing through the car speaker system when docked!

At the moment the unit only seems good for charging my iPhone while I drive, but even then I can't get any sound out of my phone. I tried navigating with Apple Maps (bad idea in itself) and the iPhone docked into the unit however the lack of audio output made it a nightmare to use.

I'm fairly confident that the unit is supposed to output audio from my iPod in the manner I want it, and is compatible with apps such as Spotify but much searching on the internet is proving fruitless.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

NB. I noticed a firmware update is available for this model however instructions indicate the unit should be in 'airplane mode' for it to recognize the firmware file on a USB stick??? I cant find any reference to this mode in the user manual at all!

Philips - Remko
10-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Hi Spanky2k5,

First of all welcome to the forum!! Unfortunatly we do not directly support Car Radio in this forum. Please use either one of these contacts:

(Older models) +44 121 522 5550
(New models) Halfords: +44 845 762 6625

Kind regards,

Cymro
12-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi all!

NB. I noticed a firmware update is available for this model however instructions indicate the unit should be in 'airplane mode' for it to recognize the firmware file on a USB stick??? I cant find any reference to this mode in the user manual at all!

Was this ever solved?

Philips - Katerina
08-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina