PDA

View Full Version : HBBTV and "Red Button" is working

Toengel
12-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I can confirm that in Germany (Hessen, Unitymedia, digital TV) I can access the ARD Mediatheken and the ZDF Mediathek via the "Red Button".

It is nice to have the live stream of ZDF in the top right corner of the ZDF Mediathek via the "Red Button" functionality.

Great!

Toengel@Alex

Daniel03
12-22-2010, 05:45 PM
This is a great Philips Christmas Gift!,
I can confirm that red button is also working here in Cologne, Germany ( through Unitymedia Digital TV ) for both "DasErste/ DasErste HD" and "ZDF/ZDF HD" . Other channels may be available as well. No false messages ("red button not available for this channel") anymore.
I wonder, however, why these absolutely good news haven't been spread by the philips crew....;-)
Thanks to Toengel for announcing this remarkable change.

avia
12-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Can you explain little more?
What does this button? It switches TV to live ARD/ZDF stream?
Here in Russia this does not work...
Or this is only available for Unitymedia users?
Thanks.

Toengel
12-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi,

I also noticed in the IP EPG a change: Every TV station, which supports HBBTV (Red Button) has a small RED TRIANGLE in the top left corner of the tv station logo.

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
12-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Can you explain little more?
What does this button? It switches TV to live ARD/ZDF stream?
Here in Russia this does not work...
Or this is only available for Unitymedia users?
Thanks.

Hi,

via the red button the HBBTV services from the broadcaster are loaded. In Germany the Mediatheken (where you can view old broadcasts, old news etc.) are linked to the red button (it corresponds to the Net TV Apps from these tv stations).

I have also an conformation that it also works with the tv distributor KabelDeutschland. So it seem, that ARD/ZDF switch the HBBTV functionality on.

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
12-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi,

I can also confirm the availability of the HBBTV services via analog TV (Pro7, Sat1... via analog tuner, Unitymedia)...

Toengel@Alex

bta
12-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi,

the "Red Button" also works here in Munich :-) (KabelMediaService)

What I miss is a kind of "Exit"-Function. When I'm on a deeper Sub-Site it's difficult to come back to TV. I suppose the "Browse menu" button should lead back to TV and not to NetTV-Home when the "Red Button" is used. This indicates the same philosophy than in NetTV where the "Browse menu" always leads back to the NetTV-Home.
pfl7605H/12, SW 140.25

Merry Christmas to everyone
bta

Toengel
12-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi,

I can also confirm that it is very difficult to leave the RedButton services. If I moved to 3 or 4 sub-sites, it is not possible to close the RedButton services with one click.

One has the following options:
- press Return button as often as sub sites are visited
- press the Home button and afterwards the TV button
- press the top key of the outer key ring (now one is in Net TV) and move the highlighting to the PIP window (2010 models) and press OK

But these options are not very usable. I think this is a problem by the broadcaster and how the programmed their HBBTV services.

Toengel@Alex

Alicia
12-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I discovered that the red buton now works for channels NED1,NED2 and NED3 in the Netherlands via analogue coax cable. You'll get the 'Uitzending Gemist' page.

bta
12-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi,

arte +7 runs in NetTV and if started via red button out of arte.

If arte +7 is started via the red button out of arte HD something goes wrong.

From my observation it seems, that the TV switches to net mode but the content is not displayed. I suppose this because the site seems to be loaded and the remote control reacts not on channel up/down commands although the tv channel can be seen on the screen. When I press the return button, the TV and the remote control react normal agian and I can change the channel and so on.

I don't know if this is a problem of arte hbbtv service or of philips. Since arte +7 runs on NetTV I assume some problems of Philips. Perhaps the SW is in a other mode in the case of a real HD broadcast.

Regards
bta

Toengel
12-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi,

I recognized this, too. It seems the HBBTV serivce is running but with no content. One also does not get the error message that no red button service is available, so something must be transmitted. Maybe the URL in the DVB stream is not set correctly.

I also noted that there is no red triangle in the IP EGP at the arte logo. So something is not set correctly.

Toengel@Alex

PS: arte HD in the Unitymedia network

ahasver
01-02-2011, 04:25 PM
After returning from holidays I notified this new feature too. If I press red button while watching one of the supported channels the mediathek is launched via NetTV. Seems to be independent of transmitted HbbTV-Signals via network operator but only identified by channel name!

@bta
do you receive directly via KMS fiber or from KDG-signal?
If you receive directly via KMS fiber: What happens if you press red button on Kabelkiosk Info, Kinowelt or other Kabelkiosk Channels?
And does IP EPG work with your device via KMS?
Here also with arte HD red button guides to arte+7 correctly.
I'm using a 32PFL8404H with 26.78.0 from Summer 2010 - a 2009 model that doesn't support displaying currently running channel in mini window. So there may be differences but most other features should work in the same way.

bta
01-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi ahasver,

i recieve DVB-C by KMS (via 75 Ohm coax; I don't know what you mean with KDG) and internet via T-Com DSL. So TCP-IP trafic is completly independend of KMS

Red button on
- arte HD still doesn't work
- arte SD still works
- Kabelkiosk Info etc.: TV displays the same list as in IP EPG in order to identify the channel. But these channels are not contained in the list of known channels - so finally no red button function.
- IP EPG works fine but there are some problems with the user interface (see http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?835-How-to-quot-scroll-quot-through-a-zoomed-EPG-Page&p=1794#post1794).

Regards
bta

ahasver
01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for your clarification. So it would be problem of different software version (Philips is claiming tvtv had to change some thing...). I'll try an older one... The interface problem is specific to 2010 and newer devices. I cannot zoom with my tv.
KDG-Signal means, that you get 75 Ohm coax from KMS, but KMS takes signal from Kabel Deutschland (KDG). If you receive Kabelkiosk Info that couldn't be.