PDA

View Full Version : Focus issue

temelkok
10-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi. I've just purchased a new 32PFL3507H/12 tv and when I play a movie from a USB stick the tv starts to loose focus and the picture jumps from sharp to blurry again and again. I've played the same movie on my other tv and the picture is ok.
Is it something from the setup? Can anyone help, please?

Toengel
10-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi,

please check the support website of your TV and install the latest firmware.

Toengel@Alex

temelkok
10-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Hi again and thanks for the advice! I've upgraded the software and unfortunately there is no improvement. It is the same with all kind of input signal (DVD, PC ..... ) and is very visible for example on human skin. For a second the sharpness (detail) dissapears and then comes again and so on ....... I've tried with the settings (Noise reduction etc.... ), but without result. Any other suggestions, or should I return the TV? :(

Toengel
10-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi,

try to make a factory reset...

Toengel@Alex

temelkok
10-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi,
Just did it - no result .... :(

Philips - Benedickte
10-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi,
Just did it - no result .... :(

Hi Temelkok.

Does this happen on broadcasts? if so, how are you getting the TV ? from internal tuner or external box? If external box, how is this connected?
Do you experience this on any other sources? What sources and how are these connected?

Best regards,
Benedickte

temelkok
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I am getting the TV from the internal tuner, but my signal is poor, so I can not judge whether the same thing happens. When I connect a DVD, a PC or a USB and play a movie the result is the same. It is like the TV is struggling to smooth the picture, but manages only from time to time .... :(

Reg

temelkok
11-07-2012, 01:32 PM
So .... No help at all from anyone! Thx ..... :(

Philips - Benedickte
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I am getting the TV from the internal tuner, but my signal is poor, so I can not judge whether the same thing happens. When I connect a DVD, a PC or a USB and play a movie the result is the same. It is like the TV is struggling to smooth the picture, but manages only from time to time .... :(

Reg

Hi

Sorry for late reply.

How is your PC and DVD connected to the TV?

Benedickte

Watchdog85
11-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Temelkok,

Can u share your picture settings here, and what "Smart Picture" setting do u use?
Be aware that those picture "improvement" settings most of the time are better to be set to OFF or MIN.
Especially the ones under [Digital Crystal Clear] like:
- [Advance sharpness]: Enable superior sharpness, especially on lines and contours in the picture
- [Dynamic contrast]: Set the level at which the TV automatically enhances details in the dark, middle and light areas of the picture.
- [Dynamic backlight]: Reduce power consumption by dimming the TV backlight to match the room lighting conditions.
- [MPEG artifact reduction]: Smooth the digital transitions in the picture.

If still not okay then, I think, you should call the helpdesk/dealer and ask for a check-up.

Rgrds, WD85