PDA

View Full Version : 46pfl9706 black screen at start-up (software issue?)

corollafan
10-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi,

I have the below described problem:
Just after switch on the set with the on/off button the set is going to standby (earlier setting before hard switch off).
When you press the standby again (to wake up from standby) and you are too early (before the back-light has switched off again during booting) there is only a black screen and you see the ambilight and hear sound.

Will this be fixed in next software versions or is it hardware related.
Note that it only happens during first start-up and last switched off to standby!

This problem is described in earlier software versions as well, see below quote on version 84:

I've tested some with the TV and I think I know the problem with the black screen and ambilight/sound working. When turned on with the hard switch, the Philips logo will appear. DON'T USE THE REMOTE AT THAT MOMENT! Please wait 20-30 seconds till the screen will turn off (the backlight must be turned off as well). It seems like the TV accepts instructions from the remote during the boot!

I have updated the software to the newest 101 version!

corollafan

Toengel
10-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi,

this is normal behaviour. The TV is an computer, which needs to reboot and load libraries. So - you need to wait until standby is finished, then you can start the TV.

Toengel@Alex

corollafan
10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Toengel,

I waited until the red standby led was on (but the backlight was still not off, so booting still not ended). When you wait untill the backliight is off (so a few seconds after the red led starts) then there is no problem. Seems (see quote in my previous mail) that the TV thinks that the backlight is on when starting before the backlight is not switched off (in booting process)...Should be a software bug?

My previous TV (40pfl9705) did not react on buttons (front) or remote before the red standby led was on, whereas the 46pfl9706 does! Think that probably disturbes the booting process..

corollafan

corollafan
11-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi Toengel,

I waited until the red standby led was on (but the backlight was still not off, so booting still not ended). When you wait untill the backliight is off (so a few seconds after the red led starts) then there is no problem. Seems (see quote in my previous mail) that the TV thinks that the backlight is on when starting before the backlight is not switched off (in booting process)...Should be a software bug?

My previous TV (40pfl9705) did not react on buttons (front) or remote before the red standby led was on, whereas the 46pfl9706 does! Think that probably disturbes the booting process..

corollafan

Checked it today for same television (46pfl9706) in Myshop Eindhoven (in the Netherlands).
Same result, so black screen (no picture) and working ambilight and sound.
Also the 40pfl9606 (local dimming) has this phenomenon...
Our television in the bedroom (32pfl9606) with edge (back )light does not show the issue.
Looks like only televisons with local dimming (96XX and 96XX versions )show the behavior..
Hope this will be picked up in the (software) team of philips

regards,

corollafan