PDA

View Full Version : mpeg 4 or irish saorview channels using 32PFL3403D/12 PHILIPS TV

dieseldan
10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Can anyone tell me if this 4year plus TV by philips be able to accept MPEG4 channels allowing me to receive these IRISH TV channels and living in Northern ireland i was able to retune the TV to accept digital uk tv channelsa and the TV has a DVB COPFM 2K/8K TUNER and this model is as follows.
32PFL3403D/12

Philips - Rafe
11-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi dieseldan,

Unfortunately, the 32PFL3403D/12 will not pick up MPEG4 transmissions.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Rafe

Can anyone tell me if this 4year plus TV by philips be able to accept MPEG4 channels allowing me to receive these IRISH TV channels and living in Northern ireland i was able to retune the TV to accept digital uk tv channelsa and the TV has a DVB COPFM 2K/8K TUNER and this model is as follows.
32PFL3403D/12

dieseldan
11-01-2012, 11:54 AM
thanks rafe for swift reply and do you reckon that a more modern tuner from another philips tv would not be compatible for this motherboard on this 32pfl3403d/12 tv to fit same connector and update software, probably not easy done with tv's.

Philips - Rafe
11-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi dieseldan,

We do have televisions capable of recieving MPEG4 broadcasts, but I wouldn't recommend swapping or changing any of the physical components in your current one.

It's probably something you might want to chat with a technician about.

You can find all of our contact details here if you want to ask any more detailed questions to a technician :)

http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=gb

^Rafe

thanks rafe for swift reply and do you reckon that a more modern tuner from another philips tv would not be compatible for this motherboard on this 32pfl3403d/12 tv to fit same connector and update software, probably not easy done with tv's.