PDA

View Full Version : DLNA Problems "No playable files"

yawgmoth72
11-01-2012, 06:36 AM
My 32" Smart TV says there are no playable files in any folders that i can view from my pc on the browse pc option. When i put the files from those folders on a usb i can lay them on the tv from the usb...any ideas

Philips - Marco
11-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi yawgmoth72,

Could I please have the product model number of your television and the media server you're using to stream from your pc?

In the meantime I would recommend to check if the firmware of your television is updated to the latest version.

Regards,
Marco

ricsal
11-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi, my tv does that as well (just found one file doing that for now), on DLNA only sound, on usb both sound and video.

tv is 37PFL3507H/12 and tried latest firmware

My 32" Smart TV says there are no playable files in any folders that i can view from my pc on the browse pc option. When i put the files from those folders on a usb i can lay them on the tv from the usb...any ideas

edzenis
11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi,

I do have a similar problem. I have Philips 40" 3D LED Smart-TV 40PFL8007T.
Whenever I do restart a TV (switch of an on again), my Source -> Network is showing all my media servers (Twonly 7, Samsung AllShare and Twonky (MediaManager) provided with Philips TV, but no content of these servers. I am not sure where is a problem as only thing what helps is restart of media servers. I do not experience similar on any other DNLA machine in my house. (Have Samsung BluRay connected to TV and sony + Samsung TV's in other rooms) none of them are experiencing same issue. (I can play DNLA media on my Philips TV from BR player, when at same time Philips is not showing any media).

I have TV only for 2 weeks and experiencing this problem within all firmwares, I have loaded on TV so far (it came initially with quite old version)

Currently I am thinking of returing the TV, despite being superb on picture and sound. But for this money, you expect something more than that. :(

Best Regards,
Edgars

Philips - Marco
11-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi,

I do have a similar problem. I have Philips 40" 3D LED Smart-TV 40PFL8007T.
Whenever I do restart a TV (switch of an on again), my Source -> Network is showing all my media servers (Twonly 7, Samsung AllShare and Twonky (MediaManager) provided with Philips TV, but no content of these servers. I am not sure where is a problem as only thing what helps is restart of media servers. I do not experience similar on any other DNLA machine in my house. (Have Samsung BluRay connected to TV and sony + Samsung TV's in other rooms) none of them are experiencing same issue. (I can play DNLA media on my Philips TV from BR player, when at same time Philips is not showing any media).

I have TV only for 2 weeks and experiencing this problem within all firmwares, I have loaded on TV so far (it came initially with quite old version)

Currently I am thinking of returing the TV, despite being superb on picture and sound. But for this money, you expect something more than that. :(

Best Regards,
Edgars

Hi Edzenis,

Welcome to the TV forum.

Could you please confirm that your PC is detecting your TV as a DLNA device?
You should be able to change the settings in your server.
Please also try to disable temporarily the firewall.

Best regards,
Marco