PDA

View Full Version : Movies with 30 Mbps on 4007?

htfaber
11-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Are there plans to change the software of the 4007 (and other tv's) to accommodate movies up to 30 Mbps?

I have got many AVCHD films (video MPEG-4 AVC/H.264-codec and audio the Dolby AC-3-codec) which is used by Panasonic and Sony for their HD-video recording. They are in 25 Mbps.

So far, only the 3517 is capable of playing movies up to 30 Mbps. All the other Philips tv's are limited to 20 Mbps.

Are there update plans?

anony-mouse
11-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Are there plans to change the software of the 4007 (and other tv's) to accommodate movies up to 30 Mbps?

I have got many AVCHD films (video MPEG-4 AVC/H.264-codec and audio the Dolby AC-3-codec) which is used by Panasonic and Sony for their HD-video recording. They are in 25 Mbps.

So far, only the 3517 is capable of playing movies up to 30 Mbps. All the other Philips tv's are limited to 20 Mbps.

Are there update plans?

I would also like to know the plans (if any) Philips has for updates to the FW. I have written a number of times to this forum and to Philips directly, regarding a number of frustrations with the FW on my 4007, but there seems to be a new physical phenomena called the Philips Black Hole where questions and requests for information go in, and .... nothing. I am wondering if there is anyone sitting at the Customer Relations desk, and if they are, they are without a conneciton to the Internet and waiting for the postperson to deliver the (snail) mail.
For an aclaimed future looking high tech company, I think they are goinging the way of Nokia and RIM, they lost the plot. Hey.......anyone there?