PDA

View Full Version : No subtitle to select when playing mkv format

toppertje
11-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi,

maybe there`s someone here who can help me.

I purchased last month the 42PFL6877.

When I want to watch a movie (.mkv) which is streamed from my pc, I cannot select any subtitles (.srt).
Both files (mkv and srt) are placed in one map, same titles and everything.

When I replace these two files to a external drive and connect it to the tv by usb then I can select
the subtitle and everything is working properly.

I don`t understand why the tv cannot handle both files when they are streamed and why can I select the subs
when I watch the movie from the external drive which is connected by usb..

Please help me and give me the solution..

thanks in advance

grtz from Holland!

Philips - Marco
11-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi,

maybe there`s someone here who can help me.

I purchased last month the 42PFL6877.

When I want to watch a movie (.mkv) which is streamed from my pc, I cannot select any subtitles (.srt).
Both files (mkv and srt) are placed in one map, same titles and everything.

When I replace these two files to a external drive and connect it to the tv by usb then I can select
the subtitle and everything is working properly.

I don`t understand why the tv cannot handle both files when they are streamed and why can I select the subs
when I watch the movie from the external drive which is connected by usb..

Please help me and give me the solution..

thanks in advance

grtz from Holland!

Hi Toppertje,

Could you please confirm the software you're currently using to stream from your pc?
In order to enable subtitles in software like Windows Media Center you may need to change the default settings.

Regards,
Marco

toppertje
11-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi Toppertje,

Could you please confirm the software you're currently using to stream from your pc?
In order to enable subtitles in software like Windows Media Center you may need to change the default settings.

Regards,
Marco

Hi Marco,

I`ve tried Windows media player and mediamanager from the Philips site version 3.0.3.

SoWErA
12-13-2012, 08:25 AM
I Second the need for Subtitle support using DLNA! We need Subtitles durring DLNA!!!

I use XBMC but I have also tried several other DLNA Server programs.

skydreamerr
12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I Second the need for Subtitle support using DLNA! We need Subtitles durring DLNA!!!

I use XBMC but I have also tried several other DLNA Server programs.

I'm third who needs subtitle support using DLNA!