PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles support - Can someone give us a clear answer ?

invader7
11-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Hello , i bought 42PFL4307H/12 and i wanted to try DLNA , so i put a .mkv file to my windows share folder... I could see only Wildlife.wmv thats windows 7 default video.. so i installed xbmc to my pc and then i was able to see .mkv files but with an X and it was saying video format is not supported...

I tried TVersity and now i can play .mkv files but with no subtitles.... I tried a lot of subtitle files .srt .idx .sup but it doesn't support them.

After that i tried to mux the subtitles to my .mkv file, so now i have only the movie file with no external sub file , but subtitles doesnt work.

The only way to have subtitles is to hardcode them to the video ??? Can someone give us a clear answer ? Can we watch movies with subtitles?

Toengel
11-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi,

as far as I know, external subtitle are only supported via USB. Not via DLNA.

Toengel@Alex

invader7
11-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes they are working from usb , but its a big disappointment and detraction

glaven
11-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Try iSedora: I have no trouble streaming .avi films with .srt files.

invader7
11-05-2012, 12:19 PM
it will transcode the movie, so it needs some pc power... im using http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/ to achieve mkv with subtitles and i can watch only up to 720p because my pc is not powerfull enough....

If philips devices supported subs i would be able to watch 3D movies with a simple share folder, no pc resources needed...