PDA

View Full Version : Picture problems when zapping 55PFL8007T/12

eolstad
11-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I got a problem with my 55PFL8007T/12. When zapping to a new channel the screen goes black, but the sound is ok. To get the picture back I have to turn the TV off and on. I am not sure, but think it came with the upgrade to QF1EU-0.150.48.9 (20012-10-24). I used the TV to do the upgrade for me as it told me to do so. No error messages and it said all was done ok. This is very ennoying as the TV is not even 1 month old. My guess is that it's a SW problem. How can this be tested? Is it possible to do a downgrade or reset?

burnhoven
11-05-2012, 05:28 PM
You should not downgrad your tv. The standby-software won't be downgraded. This can result in an unstable situation between the new standby-software and the old main-software.

It gives a new SW, version 150.48.13 / I think you should make a test with this new version.

eolstad
11-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will wait til it is available through the TV program update.

eolstad
11-07-2012, 11:04 PM
You should not downgrad your tv. The standby-software won't be downgraded. This can result in an unstable situation between the new standby-software and the old main-software.

It gives a new SW, version 150.48.13 / I think you should make a test with this new version.

Still problems after upgrading to new verdion 150.48.13

burnhoven
11-08-2012, 04:28 AM
If error occurs try to put at RC "Channel+" and then "Channel-". Comes the picture back or is every channel black until restart?

eolstad
11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Every channel is black until restart. I spoke with the dealer today and he told me to call the cabel provider and have them check the signal. It might be too low/weak.

burnhoven
11-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Possible, but I doubt it. If you restart the tv, nothing on tv-signal is different as before the restart.

In my opinion you have 2 possibilities:
- Let check your TV from Philips
- Let check your TV-signal from cable provider

Ok, you can also wait for next software and hope :) but i don't think this is the solution.

eolstad
11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello.

Ehm… Problem solved. It turned out it wasn’t a software problem after all. It was rather a user problem. I am blushing. For some reason my favorite channels was tuned in on the digital channels and not on the analog channels. As I don’t have a digital card reader in my TV but in a separate box I could not see the channels directly from the cable as they were digital. Once I tuned in the analog channels everything was ok.. The TV tunes in the digital channels from 1 to 179. The analog channels tunes in from channel 180 and upwards. That is how it is done here where I live. It might be different other places.

But anyway as the problem is solved, I am very happy. :o Have a nice one and take care.;)