PDA

View Full Version : Low wifi signal on NP3500.

harrie
11-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Hello,

Got my NP3500 some weeks ago, have a constant low antenna signal, in the display it shows red, it is hard to get it running, and when running it looses contact within minutes.
All other devices (laptops, smartphones and even my NP2900/12) have lots of signal and are working perfect.
Onely when i put the 3500 some meters away from the router and in same room i get (just)one white antenna signal stripe and then it works great.
I am located in a free area without other wifi signals.
Does anyone have same problems or knows a solution?
My problem looks very similar to the post on the low-signalproblems with the NP3000...

Harrie.

Oscar
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
And when other devices are not connected what happens? Is it better then?

harrie
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Did switch OFF all other wifi clients, no change in the antenna signal strength.
Changed channels on my router 1 till 13, also no improvement in the NP3500 antenna signal on any channel.

Oscar
11-06-2012, 04:46 PM
If you just got it better let it be checked or go to your dealer

harrie
02-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Still strugling with the low antenna-signal, somtime the NP is doing well for weeks, somtimes it disconnects multiple times per day because of the low signal.

Tried to get in touch with the internetshop where i bought it (www.audio-direkt.nl), it appeares that they don't exist anymore.
Should i get in touch with the local customer-care?

Vaga
02-25-2013, 08:44 AM
if you have a valid purchase receipt and it is still in warranty it's def worth to try. otherwise, they will navigate you to an authorized spare part dealer i believe.