PDA

View Full Version : What version of software will my Net Tv come with

scarab
12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
I just purchased a 46PFL5705D/F7 and waiting for delivery. What can I expect for software. I haven't noticed any discussions on this model and would like to get a heads up on what to expect.

Thanks
Steve

Philips
01-03-2011, 10:24 AM
To help you out a little bit, here are the latest SW release notes for your "/F7" (USA/Canada/Mexico) model:
PHL-0AA_114_0 (Jul/22/10)
- Dynamic contrast improvement
PHL-0BA_524_0 (Sep/29/10)
- When the broadcast audio is Dolby Digital, the SPDIF outputs PCM.
- Demo operation not correct when tuned to an RF channel.
- When “Alternate audio” was changed from “SAP” to “Main”, Stereo was output regardless of the “Mono/Stereo” setting. (This only applies to NTSC broadcast)
- The auto clock mode may display the wrong time or may shift one hour when changed from auto clock to manual clock.
PHL-0BA_525_0 (Nov/23/10)
- Enables the TV to function with a wireless dongle.
- Enables Twitter and Philips Media connect.

The fact that these "/F7" models are not discussed much in the forum is that Net TV was first rolled out in Europe, so the focus is more on that region. But you are, of course, free to post your questions, experiences and remarks.....

Toengel
01-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi,

I'd like to say somethink in general to such release notes. Maybe Philips can forward my comment.

- When the broadcast audio is Dolby Digital, the SPDIF outputs PCM.

Such describtions are not really conclusive. It does not state what was fixed. So does the SPDIF now outputs PCM sound? Or does the SPDIF outputs PCM sound only before that release and now it was fixed to output Dolby Digital? Many entries in the release notes by Philips are written in that way...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi,

the release notes (PDF-documents) for firmware 140.27 (9xx5 series) is now better. One now knows what is fixed. Now, I like the way they are written :)

Q55xx_0.140.27.0 (Publication date: 2011-01-05)

Solution for intermittent freezing picture in Finland.
Solution for zapping away from 3D broadcast channel in the Netherlands that results in no video.
Solution for intermittent disturbance on audio via SPDIF out.
Solution to prevent random services installation on UPC cable com in Switzerland.
Solution to avoid that the set is rebooting/dead after sw update via PTA02 by packed stick.
Solution X talk 3D.
Solution for distorted sound with certain video formats playing via HDMI.
Solution about the issue when the Double Video MHP application "GF Pay" is killed and is switching from secondary to primary video.
Solution for installing Dig DVBC , DVB‐C when 170MHZ in MUX, picture is distorted.
Solution for sound drops.
Q55xx_0.140.25.1 (Publication date: 2010-11-23)

Fix-visible bright lines at the right border in the 58PFL9955H/12
Toengel@Alex

bds2k4
03-19-2011, 04:08 PM
i wanted to know if net tv portal 2.5 was going to be added onto this tv