PDA

View Full Version : Philips 40PFL7605H; Disaster with USB key

Your Mate
12-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi
I have called service department in Germany but they refused to help. Then I called service in our country, tried to help me but couldn't. I have just bought LCD tv 40PFL7605H. I tried 3 different USB keys. On all of them are different movies but all of them are in extension .avi with bitrate 127kbps. None of them works. On two of them, I can see what is located on USB key, on the third one, I cannot see anything. So whatever I try, I cannot play movies on any of them. Its weird because on one are few pictures (probably in .jpeg) and I was able to see them through USB key connected on tv.
I have also tried to connect all 3 USB keys to two different computers. Tried to play movies (all) there and everything worked, on computers, without problems. So USB keys were immediately recognized on computers. They are recognized on tv also but as I said, I cannot watch movies.
I have absolutelly no experiences with this tv. I don't watch tv much because I don't have time. Now, when I finally found some time, the tv cannot play movies on connected USB.
I am sure Im missing some little option to enable USB working but I cannot find it.

Since, as I said, I don't use this tv at all, I would like to please for detail instructions, step by step, how I could make this work. I don't understand too general instructions.

Thank you in advance.

Slava
12-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Check the video and audio codecs. List of supported codecs here. (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?677-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-2010-model-numbers-%28TV-HTS-and-BluRay%29.)

Your Mate
12-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Thank you for your reply but you forgot to tell me which file do I have to use (there are two) and on which location, of EACH usb key being connected on tv, do I have to copy it?

Your Mate
12-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I reviewed again those two files but the Excel lists doesn't tell me anything. I don't see my type of tv there.

JuAn
12-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I reviewed again those two files but the Excel lists doesn't tell me anything. I don't see my type of tv there.

It says clearly "Please find attached an overview of all supported CODEC's in our 2010 model numbers. Now not only for TV (xxPFLxxx5x/xx) but also for....".

So the TV550_Codec_Table_JA.xlsx is valid for your model!

Slava
12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
There is nothing required to do with TV to play a movie file from USB. Philips TV (2010 series) supports a limited numbers of codecs.To find out witch codec is used in your files you can use mediainfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en)

Your Mate
12-30-2010, 08:12 PM
JuAn I tried this file. I downloaded it on usb key drive, connected usb to tv but still doesn't work.

Slava, the movie(s) are in avi extension so I probably need avi tools or codecs as you called it. I did some research on google, found avi codecs pack and wanted to install it on usb. I downloaded the setup file on usb but it was installed on main C drive of my computer.

Your Mate
12-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Could anyone please give me detialed solution to this problem?

Your Mate
01-01-2011, 12:52 PM
where is everyone?

JuAn
01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey mate,
There are a few things you must not mix up:
- the AVI file is your movie file, containing an audio and video stream, and should be playable via an USB stick on your TV.
- the TV550_Codec_Table_JA.XLSX is an MS Excel 2007 overview which you can open on your PC to consult if this AVI file is playable on your TV. So you cannot open this XLSX file on your TV, only on your PC (if MS Excel 2007 is installed).

1. Analyse with e.g. Mediainfo (see the link that Slava gave you) your AVI file. You can also use freeware programs like G-spot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/). Download it, install it on your PC, and analyse your AVI file with it.
2. With this info (audio and video codec), check in the XLSX overview if this format is supported.
3. If, according to the XLSX overview, this format is supported but it still does not play on your TV, contact your local helpdesk and ask for a service solution.

If it is NOT supported, you might consider converting it to a format that IS supported. There are several freeware programs for doing this. Consider www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html or www.pcfreetime.com.

Your Mate
01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Juan yes codecs are supported - they are in Excel file. I cannot contact local helpdesk because today on 1.1. and tomorrow they don't work. Its no point contacting them on monday because I won't have time anymore to watch any movies. So I would like to get this fixed within maximum few minutes if possible? What do I need to set on tv? What do I have to do after I connect usb key to tv?

Your Mate
01-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, thank you for keep ignoring me. If is so hard to assist me what to do then you really don't need to. Its 7:35pm, last day of holidays. I work 12 hours per day and God knows when I will have next holidays to afford watching tv again. Time has runned out. Really kind from you!