PDA

View Full Version : problem to upgrade firmware from Q5551_0.75.60.1 to Q5551_0.140.25.0

jpvfjpvf
12-31-2010, 03:46 AM
Hello!!!

I can't upgrade the firmware in my tv (Philips 37PFL7605H/12).

I download the new firmware, extract "autorun" to the usb pen, that I previously formatted to fat, and then copy/past "autorun". Put the usb pens in tv and starts to upgrade the firmware, but in the end of "validation" said that the upgrade can't be completed.
I went to the menu and then "update software" to upgrade firmware, and appears that a filed called "update", went to my usb pen am I have to put the usb pen in my computer and follow the steps, I did that.
I click in that file "update" that direct me to a web page, that have the information of my tv, I click, that directs me to page that have the link to download the firmware (again).
I downloaded again, I eliminated the files in the usb pen, copy/past the new "autorun" that I download, put the usb in the tv, same problem. In the end of "validation" said that can't complete the upgrade.

Anyone can help me? What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Toengel
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi,

you should (temporary) connect your tv to the internet and use the internal update process...

Toengel@Alex

jpvfjpvf
01-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks Toengel.

Toengel
01-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi,

did it work?

Toengel@Alex

jpvfjpvf
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes. Thank you.

The TV doesn't read the subtitles. I read in the forum that if we re-encode the movie with the subtitles, it will work, that's true?
I have a movie (.mkv) and a subtitle (.srt), I tried to re-encode with mkvmerge, worked perfectly in the computer but didn't work in the TV. Any ideas?
Thanks

Toengel
01-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Hi,

SRT subtitles are not supported. The only thing you can do is to recode the video and integrate the subtitles directly in the movie - but afterwards the subtitle isn't removeable from the videodata (since it is part of the video frames).

Toengel@Alex

jpvfjpvf
01-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks to the reply Toengel.
How can I do that? Which software allows me to integrate the subtitles (.srt) in a .mkv movie?

Thanks Toengel.