PDA

View Full Version : Broken HD Natural Motion

Prahlis
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi there. Bought a new TV a couple of days ago. A Philips 46PFL5007T/12.

Anyway, my first thing to do was to dectivate all the Pixel Plus HD functions except for HD Natural Motion. Anyway, this works gret mst of the time, but when the movie pans the character in the forground is as sharp as ever, however vertical lines in the background starts jumping left and right til the camera stops.

Anyone else have this issue? The Philips support in my country says they have never heard of it before.

Philips - Benedickte
11-14-2012, 08:36 AM

Anyway, my first thing to do was to dectivate all the Pixel Plus HD functions except for HD Natural Motion. Anyway, this works gret mst of the time, but when the movie pans the character in the forground is as sharp as ever, however vertical lines in the background starts jumping left and right til the camera stops.

Anyone else have this issue? The Philips support in my country says they have never heard of it before.

Hi Prahlis.

Welcome to the forums.

Could you please confirm to me what software version is installed on your TV?
What is you HD natural motion set to?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Prahlis
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi Prahlis.

Welcome to the forums.

Could you please confirm to me what software version is installed on your TV?
What is you HD natural motion set to?

Best regards,
Benedickte
Hi, my HD Natural Motion is on medium, though I have tried them all. My TV has Q554E-0.93.0.0_bld22a

sejmon
11-14-2012, 07:31 PM

better to not update SW at this moment, because it will make everything even worse

Prahlis
11-14-2012, 07:52 PM
better to not update SW at this moment, because it will make everything even worse
So I take it you have the same problem?

sejmon
11-14-2012, 08:00 PM
I assume that you have the same problem ... for more information, read this:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t

and Test clips that are listed in the comment.

Prahlis
11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I assume that you have the same problem ... for more information, read this:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t

and Test clips that are listed in the comment.
No, not the same problem. I haven't experienced any "doubling".

sejmon
11-14-2012, 08:06 PM
if you have a chance, get the TV back and replace it with a Samsung or Panasonic.
On usb you Upload test clips, go to the store and Test these videos... and replace with the best tv.

Prahlis
11-14-2012, 08:09 PM
if you have a chance, get the TV back and replace it with a Samsung or Panasonic.
On usb you Upload test clips, go to the store and Test these videos... and replace with the best tv.
Well this was actually the only TV with 100Hz that I could afford, so I think I'll keep it and hope for a fix. Next to no problem (named above or artifacts etc.) when watching 1080p material. Mostly on 720p nd lower. Seems like all different brands have different issues with their 100HZ functions anyway.

drunk munky
11-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Well this was actually the only TV with 100Hz that I could afford, so I think I'll keep it and hope for a fix. Next to no problem (named above or artifacts etc.) when watching 1080p material. Mostly on 720p nd lower. Seems like all different brands have different issues with their 100HZ functions anyway.

I don't know why they put hdnm on the tvs if it doesn't work

Philips - Benedickte
11-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Prahlis.

Sorry for late reply.

I would advice you to reset to factory settings (this will reset picture and sound settings).
After set it up again please make sure the Smart picture settings is set to Vivid or Standard. Then set the pixel plus HD settings to minimum or what you prefer for best performance.

On what sources/ type of programs/ type of films are you experiencing this?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Prahlis
11-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi Prahlis.

Sorry for late reply.

I would advice you to reset to factory settings (this will reset picture and sound settings).
After set it up again please make sure the Smart picture settings is set to Vivid or Standard. Then set the pixel plus HD settings to minimum or what you prefer for best performance.

On what sources/ type of programs/ type of films are you experiencing this?

Best regards,
Benedickte
Already done that after talking with the Philips live chat. I have tried different clips in different formats (MKV and AVI) and used different media players (Media Player Classic and XBMC) and I have also tried it on two different computers. One PC and one Mac.