PDA

View Full Version : picture aspect

snodgrass
11-08-2012, 12:17 PM
I have a 52" philips21.9 smart tv hooked up to a vigin Tivo box. My problem is that when i use the Tivo remote to scan through the listings menu, the picture aspect returns to the cinema subtitle setting. I usually leave my tv aspect on wide screen. This means every time i scan the listings menu i then have to get my tv remote and change the aspect back from 21.9 cinema to wide screen. Please can anyone tell me how to keep the aspect on wide screen until i want to change it.

Philips - Rafe
11-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi snodgrass,

Sorry to see you're having problems :(

Can you confirm whether this aspect change happens on any other source? For example, if you go into the menu of a DVD? :)

Rafe

I have a 52" philips21.9 smart tv hooked up to a vigin Tivo box. My problem is that when i use the Tivo remote to scan through the listings menu, the picture aspect returns to the cinema subtitle setting. I usually leave my tv aspect on wide screen. This means every time i scan the listings menu i then have to get my tv remote and change the aspect back from 21.9 cinema to wide screen. Please can anyone tell me how to keep the aspect on wide screen until i want to change it.

snodgrass
11-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi snodgrass,

Sorry to see you're having problems :(

Can you confirm whether this aspect change happens on any other source? For example, if you go into the menu of a DVD? :)

Rafe

Hi Rafe. No only when i am looking through the program menu. It stays on the aspect which i watch tv with, ie wide screen when i scan forward but as soon as i go back, the aspect changes. It reverts to cinema/ subtitles every time.

Philips - Rafe
12-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi snodgrass,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

What you're experiencing might be something to do with the signal being sent via the Virgin box. Have you spoken to Virgin at all about it? :)

Rafe

Hi Rafe. No only when i am looking through the program menu. It stays on the aspect which i watch tv with, ie wide screen when i scan forward but as soon as i go back, the aspect changes. It reverts to cinema/ subtitles every time.

snodgrass
12-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi Rafe, yes and they blame it on my t.v. Ireally would like to blame it on my tivo box, and would get an engineer out to fix it, but they just wont have it.