PDA

View Full Version : Dark lines/smudges on screen 46PFL7605H/12

Lassy
11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
My TV has been suffering from 2 vertical dark lines since a couple of months. These lines show up at darker scenes and especially with a grey back ground and with sidewards camera panning (football). I've also used plain grey test images and the lines are clearly visible.

Philips repair service E-care has acknowledged the problem at their second visit and changed the LCD screen (just within the warranty period).

Unfortunately the new LCD screen has the same issues. The thing is that the lines appear after watching TV for a while so I could not show them while the repairman was still there. On top of this the sreen also has a dark horizontal smudge which is clearly visible at a bright/white background. It appears that the lines and smudges become worse and worse.
Backlight bleeding is also more present than with the old screen.

I don’t want the screen to be replaced again as I think it is a product related failure.
I've requested Philips to replace the TV despite the warranty has now been expired.

Is anyone having these similar issues with their TV and what steps did they take in order to get it solved?

Michelvw
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
I have the same issue with my brand new 42PFL6007H12.
I've tried to post 3 topics about this, and it never showed up on the forum.
I'm guessing the Philips forum admins didn't want such a negative review on the forums.
I'm not looking to hijack your topic, but I'm hoping to get assistance aswel.

Also since installing the newest firmware there is a horizontal line that flashes when there is a change of scenery in the image.
This wasn't there before. Thanks for the update Philips!

The thing is, I fear Philips will do the same as with you; replacing the TV with one that has the exact smae issue - or worse. I'm starting to think that all the backlights of Philips tv's are unbalanced, causing these vertical lines.

just for reference; My parents bought a samsung 40" tv for 329euro in an action, and that tv plays -better- than my 1000euro Philips tv. Joy.
I bought a highend TV Philips, the sales rep convinces me it was the best tv since ever.
I WANT A SOLUTION Philips, and a GOOD one.

Lassy
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Philips has stated that a third visit form the repair service is required in order to start a different procedure.
I've forwarded this to E-Care but unfortunately I haven't received a reply as yet. Hopefully they will send a repairman who will acknowledge the issues and will report this back to Philips without the need to replace the screen the second time.
The best solution will be a new TV, despite the fact that today's TV's with similar specs are much cheaper than 2 years ago. I just want a good working TV with a perfect balanced screen!

Lassy
11-20-2012, 05:15 PM
After being sent from pillar to post I finally got in contact with somebody from Philips who promised me that this will get solved properly in order to get a good working TV. This might very well result in a full replacement.
He has collected the full record history of my problem and he will escalate this to a higher level within Philips as he is foreseeing questions might being raised due to the expired warrantee. He promised me that this should not be a problem because this issue was raised for the first time during the warranty period. He will update me on this within a few days.
It looks like that I probably will get a good working TV in the end. Fingers crossed!

Lassy
11-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Unfortunately Philips decided a third rapair is required after all. Today the TV will be taken by E-Care to have it properly tested. I get a 32" TV as a temporary replacement. It should not take more than 10 working days before I get my TV back.