PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Update of FirmWare - BDP7700/12

heperouse
11-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Yesterday, I tried via a Philips TV 46PFL7007 to update the firmware of my BDP7700/12 ..... But my son forgot a Blueray disc inside the BDP7700/12. (I could open it while pressing the Eject + ON/OFF white buttons ...by luck)

Since .... Nothing is working ! When I plugg the BDP and the HDIM cord : a) the telecommand doesnot work (except to swith ON the BDP7700/12) b) when I look on the TV - Sources - Blueray Device : I have a screen Philips BlueRay with an uncomplete green line in the upper horizontal part of the screen ....

What you I do to come back to the previous state and redo an update ?

Thanks in advance.

Herve

Oscar
11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I know when updating your BDP that you always have to remove any disc inside, if not it crashes and then service.

Does your Tv work ok without the BDP connected? In the menu of your TV try to rescan your device or select another HDMI entry...

Regards,

heperouse
11-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes, Service !!!!! our TV works fine .... What is not PERFECT is the fact that when you update from the TV, there is NO CAUTION/WARNING ....... But now my son knows that I don't want him to leave Discs in any player ! :-)

Thanks a lot in any case !

PS: in Bulgaria there is only ONE SERVICE SPECIALIZED in PHilips Blue Ray player .... If you need coordinates I will leave them on this Forum (as it is a different company from the Warranty leaflet and it may interest people who have Philips BDP older than us)

Oscar
11-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Donīt know about this only know that in the upgrade insturcutions of the BDP it is mentioned clearly...

Good luck!

heperouse
11-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Donīt know about this only know that in the upgrade insturcutions of the BDP it is mentioned clearly...

Good luck!

Yes on the leaflet .... But when you do it directly from the TV set, there is no WARNING !

heperouse
11-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Good luck!

And I discussed this point with Philips France : they know this small problem and they intend to add someting in order to avoid our misapp !