PDA

View Full Version : UPnP/DLNA playback suddenly disconnects on 37PFL8605

kaydub
01-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Philips 37PFL8605 tv (has the latest firmware update) in combination with the Mediatomb media server.

Whenever I play a video, or navigate through images, the tv seems to lose connection to the media server. When watching a movie, this translates to the movie suddenly stopping, and the tv returning to the 'server list' view. The media server disappeared from that list and doesn't return until I restart the tv.
When viewing images the same thing happens. The tv returns to the 'server list' view, where the media server I was browsing from had disappeared.

The odd thing is that none of this happens when streaming images or videos from a Windows Media Player server, and the problem also never occurs when using a different player other than the tv to watch from that Mediatomb media server.

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this before and knows how to solve this? Or does anyone know how I can investigate the problem any further? (debug logs on tv or something similar)

Thanks in advance,
- Kaydub

kaydub
01-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I did some more research, and I found out that the tv resets the connection actively. See screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/gfBI0.jpg
http://imgur.com/JCS1e

Throughout the log there are more occurrances of connection resets, however I do not know when they exactly occur.

- Kaydub

Joop
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I had the same issue after changing my linksys router for a sitecom wl-351. I use the usb wifi dongle and access the server by wifi.

I had extended email conversations with sitecom, which were more than dissappointing and lacked a real solution for the problem other than "go back to the store where you bought it and try an get a replacement".

After extending the usb dongle with a wire, the signal received got so much better that the old linksys wrt 54g did the job more than ok, so I got rid of the sitecom. And gone were the connection losses.

So my advise, try another router and may be your problems will be gone as well

Nettle
01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Philips 37PFL8605 tv (has the latest firmware update) in combination with the Mediatomb media server.

Whenever I play a video, or navigate through images, the tv seems to lose connection to the media server. When watching a movie, this translates to the movie suddenly stopping, and the tv returning to the 'server list' view. The media server disappeared from that list and doesn't return until I restart the tv.
When viewing images the same thing happens. The tv returns to the 'server list' view, where the media server I was browsing from had disappeared.

The odd thing is that none of this happens when streaming images or videos from a Windows Media Player server, and the problem also never occurs when using a different player other than the tv to watch from that Mediatomb media server.

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this before and knows how to solve this? Or does anyone know how I can investigate the problem any further? (debug logs on tv or something similar)

Thanks in advance,
- Kaydub

I've got the same problem with the37PFL8605M/08 (latest firmware version installed).

I hope it could be solved as the other bugs of this TV models a soon as possible. They're unacceptable!

regards

kaydub
01-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I had the same issue after changing my linksys router for a sitecom wl-351. I use the usb wifi dongle and access the server by wifi.

I had extended email conversations with sitecom, which were more than dissappointing and lacked a real solution for the problem other than "go back to the store where you bought it and try an get a replacement".

After extending the usb dongle with a wire, the signal received got so much better that the old linksys wrt 54g did the job more than ok, so I got rid of the sitecom. And gone were the connection losses.

So my advise, try another router and may be your problems will be gone as well

Well, you're right about the router thing. I bypassed the router and now I have flawless playback. I still have no clue of what's causing it. FYI: The router is a THOMSON SpeedTouch 780

Joop
01-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Well, you're right about the router thing. I bypassed the router and now I have flawless playback. I still have no clue of what's causing it. FYI: The router is a THOMSON SpeedTouch 780

Yep, first I thought it was only the TV that had this problem, so I started some Philips bashing. Bbut after some more testing I found out that my n900 mobile phone had the same problem. So it's not only the Philips's problem. It is almost like modern routers cause these problems.

Darland
06-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi! I really hope that my solution will also help you. I wrote it on mediatomb support forum. https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediatomb/forums/forum/440751/topic/4576811

roberto75
07-29-2011, 07:12 AM
I have the same problem with Philips 40PFL7605M/08 and MyBookLive - Twonky Media Server 5.1.9

the router is SpeedTouch THOMSON ST585.

show my post
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1971-40PFL7605M-08-lose-connection-to-Twonky-Media-Server-5.1.9