PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pixel HD problem

Slava
01-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I noticed an image defect in my 46PFL9705H. I can see lines and squares on a gradient picture. Some particular examples are a yellow surfboard in embedded HD demo clip and a letter D in DreamWorks intro (see attached file). I found out that problem is gone when Perfect Pixel HD is off (in demo mode when half of the screen works with Perfect Pixel HD and another without).

How do you think is it a defect or expected behaviour? Can it be fixed by updating framework in the future or changing some settings?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_4akLOQgzQuw/TSCGgJ2ub9I/AAAAAAAAAnc/oDV0K5lK6bM/s1443/IMG_3523.JPG

petasis
01-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Maybe you have mpeg noise reduction setting to on? Because the mpeg noise reduction introduces vertical banding in any source that is active in gradients...

abio82
01-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I have the same issue the only way I found to correct this is to set the gamma to 0 1 2 or 3 any lower and I get lines split into 1 cm sections.

This is most aparant on the film wall-e in the spacewalk scene, when EVE is close to the screen her white body breaks into gradient lines.

No setting will resolve this issue apart from gamma and I have a week 46 set.

Aibo