PDA

View Full Version : 32PFL9705: LED Blinking Code 99 ?

chhauser
11-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello

After re-storing the satellite channel-list from USB-Stick I have a serious problem with my 32PFL9705. Something did completely go wrong.
If switched on with mains switch, the TV is continuous rebooting, but no picture is visible. During start-up, after approx. 10 sec. the front LED blinks 9 times, then a pause and 9 times again. After approx. other 10 seconds, it switches off an reboots again. Within these last 10 seconds, the IR receiver works, so I tried then to activate SAM or CSM. But nothing did work. There were also several trials to set the display option code.

The only way, to have a different behaviour is, if I press "cursor down" and then switching on the TV (procedure for back-up software application). Then there is no rebooting and blinking, but also nothing else.

In the list of LED blinking error codes, there is no 99.

Is there another trick to try ?

Thank you very much for help.

Best regards

Christoph

burnhoven
11-15-2012, 05:57 AM
1. so I tried then to activate SAM or CSM. But nothing did work. There were also several trials to set the display option code.

2. The only way, to have a different behaviour is, if I press "cursor down" and then switching on the TV (procedure for back-up software application). Then there is no rebooting and blinking, but also nothing else.

3. In the list of LED blinking error codes, there is no 99.

4. Is there another trick to try ?

1. Why? Have you ever changed the display code of your tv?

2. No rebooting...but also no picture?

3. It's error 9, not 99

4. Another trick...Are you a normal customer? I ask, because you tried other things than a average customer.

chhauser
11-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello

1. No, I did not change it, but in the Service Manual there is described, that in case of an error the picture is dark until the correct display option code is set. (in my case 260 after activating SAM)

2. Yes, also no picture. But this I will try once again. Probably this is the best chances to recover with overwrite the complete firmware.

3. Ok, so it is 9. But I also don't know, what error code 9 stands for.

4. If a "normal customer" is defined by someone who takes the TV and goes immediately to an authorised dealer, then I'm not a normal customer. If the definition also covers someone, who just wants to fix again his TV and to have a possibility to edit and change satellite channel lists on the PC, then I'm a normal customer.

I'm pretty sure, that there is just something corrupt in the software, which I want to fix again.

Best regards

Christoph

burnhoven
11-15-2012, 12:47 PM
1. For example you have this behaviour after a mainboard exchange. In this case you must set the correct display code. I've never seen a panelcode, that changed by itself.
2. It is a idea if you get a picture (software update screen).
3. It means an error from display / display driver.
4. Thats ok ;-)

If possible, load the software. If no picture again, try to take the "ok" butten instead of "cursor down".

In my experience you have a hardware problem. The blinking LED means the self check has failed. Then the TV reboots or it goes into a protection mode.

Manuel
11-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Try connect usb with the most recent firmware ( Tv power cable AC disconnected), and then connect power cable on tv, wait and see if normal upgrad starts.
Some info was change between 2009 and 2010(same model), and channel list it's note entirely compatible between all versionīs of. firmware

chhauser
11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Fixed, yipiieehh.

Another USB stick with the "Autorun.UPG" within the path "\Upgrades", pressing "cursor down" during switching mains switch on brought a picture and the possibility to overwrite the firmware. After restarting the TV, it was possible to activate SAM. It seems, the NV memory has been affected. There was no type and serial number anymore. After restoring all settings (and of course finally the channel list) everything has been fixed.
(note: a backup is a backup, if the restore is successful)

Thanks for your hints. They helped to remain on the best path.

Best regards

Christoph