PDA

View Full Version : 2011 wishlist

Adamo
01-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Hello,

Id like that the next Net TV (9705) firmware release will have these new features:

1) Enhanced Internal Media Player software (USB movies):
a. GO-TO function
b. Play-list option
c. Resume option (e.g. I play a movie from USB, then I pause the movie and switch to TV, after I come back to USB and Id like to resume playing from the last point)
2) Enhanced On screen menu (I refer to the information shown when I switch tv channels, now its very basic there is only TV channel number and its name ):
a. Add actual resolution (480; 576; 720p/i; 1080p/i, etc.)
b. Time and date;
c. Whats on
It would be nice to have an option to enable or disable this enhanced on screen menu; so we can choose between the basic (actual) or the enhanced.
3) An option to pause/freeze the TV image (e.g. when I watch a TV channel and I have to read a telephone number).
4) Add a PVR option to record what I see on the TV channel on a USB stick

Thank in advance for your support!
Sincerely,
Adamo

theflyer1972
01-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I would add:
- audio stream swticher when read files from USB
- better management mkv file with high bitrate
- info bar when changing tv channels(there was in 2009 models)

petasis
01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
DVB-T EPG for countries that is missing, like Greece, Russia & Ireland...

Nettle
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I would like to add:

- connection of an external keyboard (wireless and/or with cable) that permits to introduce the strings/internet adresses faster

- solution for the annoying intermittent sound lost (sw bug) using a hdmi connector (for example connected with a Philips soundbar)

regards

Lake292
01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
- subtitles support
- when playing from DLNA through media player show total time of movie also, not just actual time in movie

welverin
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
For NET TV (upgrade software on 7605, 8605)

Better DLNA support and standard compliance :

Support for .SRT subtitle
Support for back/fastforward
Better support for most famous servers like Twonky

Chrissie18
01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't know if this list is actually being watched by Philips...
If so, please react with some feedback in which is explained that/if some features are being implemented (or not).
Maybe some kind of roadmap.
I see many (manager's talk) 'low hanging fruits', that will make many customers happy (e.g. the 'info bar' displaying the currently broadcasted program, that is mentioned here and I got used to with our 10-years old Matchline).

Also, I would like to add a small request for the navigation in the menu's: please add a 'wrap-around' function, so that e.g. the up-button moves from the top-item to the bottom item.

Additionally - exept for Toengel non-official topic - I cannot find the release nots for the 'beta' FW version v0.140.27.0 for 8000 and 9000...

Toengel
01-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Additionally - exept for Toengel non-official topic - I cannot find the release nots for the 'beta' FW version v0.140.27.0 for 8000 and 9000...

Hi,

as far as I know the release notes will be online together with the next release...

Toengel@Alex

petasis
01-10-2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?926-Sound-cut-off-on-my-40PFL7605H12&p=2432&viewfull=1#post2432

Nothing exciting (like EPG fixes, menu spelling error corrections, improvements on usability, 3D improvement, or new features like keyboard/subtitles...)

Chrissie18
01-11-2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?926-Sound-cut-off-on-my-40PFL7605H12&p=2432&viewfull=1#post2432

Nothing exciting (like EPG fixes, menu spelling error corrections, improvements on usability, 3D improvement, or new features like keyboard/subtitles...)

Thanks Petasis!
Although I think many customers that have experienced the sounnd cut-off would disagree with you that it is 'nothing special'...

Pidimas
01-11-2011, 10:07 AM
subtitles support

Pidimas
01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I want SUBTITLES SUPPORT!!

daL
01-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi Chrissie, I completely agree with your questions for a roadmap (in general) and an info bar (specific expectable functionality in an expensive TV). The thing is however that the moderator has NEVER replied on such questions at least not in the period October - December. S/he is probably not allowed to. Responses will mainly be given when:

1. a serious bug has been found (vertical lines issue, sounding issue)
2. a new firmware, net tv portal or net tv channel has been launched
3. advertisement for Videoland.

I once tried to get an answer on both your questions: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?816-Please-add-a-now-next-feature-in-TV-mode, but there has never been any response.
Which BTW doesn't mean we should give up: Phil, pleas give us an indication on what we can expect the coming months!!
Cheers, daL

petasis
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Petasis!
Although I think many customers that have experienced the sounnd cut-off would disagree with you that it is 'nothing special'...

The "nothing exciting" was referring to the issues I mentioned next to it.
Regarding audio loss, of course it is an important issue, but it shouldn't be there in the first place.
I am not going to be happy, because a firmware fixes the TV picture/sound. If a TV does not have these, its not a TV at all...

I am complaining about the features that Philips tricked us, when we bought our TVs. Who knew that the 9705 didn't have EPG and local dimming in 3D? If I new that the TV was not DVB-T compliant, I would have spent 2.600 euros on it.
I expect much more from a firmware release, than a release that makes the TV output sound from its speakers... :D

Erikrijnders
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM
The first thing Phlips MUST solve is the now/next info bar. This is a thing that i as consumer simply expect on ANY expensive tv from whatever trademark it is.

sala
01-18-2011, 10:45 AM
... and then the subtitles. PLEASE take this thread into careful consideration, Philips. These are not empty words, and shouldn't be too hard for Your coders to implement.

Just don't make the political mistake to include them in Your product line in the next models... I wouldn't call Your operations cheating this far, but should You announce that "the next xxxx-series models have this support", I would definedly feel ripped off.

Bend an ear, please?

Toengel
01-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi,

the code base already exists in the BDP-series... so I think it is only a matter of API calls ,-)

Toengel@Alex

tvfmc
01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi!
Is there anyone from Philips reading these discussions?
Unfortunately, I have the idea that all our suggestions are merely posts in a forum that development team never read!

Please listen to your customers!

Regards,
Tomaz.

peu306cabrio
01-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi! Is there anyone from Philips reading these discussions? Unfortunately, I have the idea that all our suggestions are merely posts in a forum that development team never read! Please listen to your customers! Regards,
Tomaz.

Philips is reading these discussions: see remarks at the bottom of this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?941-Thanks-for-your-great-contribution-in-2010!) from Philips.

daL
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
As all responses are taken seriously, in the meantime there is a list with consumer requested features at the desk of Philips. As NetTV consumers are actively requested to test firmwares and 'What would you like to see ...', on their turn they expect this list to be visible and commented, maybe prioritised. This list could be a worthfull extension on the already published list of nr of contributions per author etc.
There can be several strategical reasons for not publishing this list. What are your thoughts moderator?

Cheers,
daL

[GER] Martin
01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I want to record that what i see to an usb-device. so i can see this later again.
playback only on my tv! file can be hardware-crypted

chewa
01-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Subtitles support

Toengel
01-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Martin;2847']file can be hardware-crypted

Hi,

you mean software encrypted... I don't think a encryption chip is already part of the TV (maybe 2011 series). And a problem could be, that the CPU of the tv isn't powerful enough to handle software encryption. Additionally, the tvs don't have dual-tuners at the moment. So you only can record a broadcast, when you already watching it - or when the TV is in standby...

Toengel@Alex

WarriorSan
02-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Like many others I also would like support for subtitles.. ;)

chewa
02-06-2011, 07:05 AM
http://sport-mania.sk/worldtv/

Andri
02-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Like many others I would love subtitle support
I dont know if this is a known problem but some videos that I play a usb device go out of audio/video sync after Ive played them for a while. But I can fix it by fast forwarding a little bit. The same videos work perfectly on my computer. This is so annoying. It must be fixed as soon as possible
My TV set is Philips 32pfl5405H

Adamo
06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Why?

Hi Philips,
I'd like to know why...

1) Why a software encryption is needed to record free tv programs?

I've an external tuner (zapper; value 30€) that perform USB recording without performing encryption.

2) Why my tv is not able to pause/freeze a live tv show?

No more/extra cpu power needed to do it (and no encryption too...)

3) Why my tv can't do PiP (picture in picture) using tuner and an external source (HDMI or VGA)?

4) Why the tv internal USB player can't support resume or go-to function?

5) Why my tv doesn't support widget to see tv program and a "small" info area wich shows contents from the web like: weather, news and more?

The widget could also be shown in overlay mode - top of the screen (instead of using a side bar).

Sincerely,
Adamo

My tv is:32pfl9705H/12

Philips
06-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Why?

Hi Philips,
I'd like to know why...

1) Why a software encryption is needed to record free tv programs?

I've an external tuner (zapper; value 30) that perform USB recording without performing encryption.

2) Why my tv is not able to pause/freeze a live tv show?

No more/extra cpu power needed to do it (and no encryption too...)

3) Why my tv can't do PiP (picture in picture) using tuner and an external source (HDMI or VGA)?

4) Why the tv internal USB player can't support resume or go-to function?

5) Why my tv doesn't support widget to see tv program and a "small" info area wich shows contents from the web like: weather, news and more?

The widget could also be shown in overlay mode - top of the screen (instead of using a side bar).

Sincerely,
Adamo

My tv is:32pfl9705H/12

Dear Adamo,

Answers below:

1) The TV manufacturer is not the owner of the content and therefore not allowed to further distribute the content. Fixed within the device, it is allowed to delay the content (pause/record). For protected content this delay is limited to just 24 hours. The recordings storage can be external, but it needs to be exclusively linked to the device via encryption.

2) Pause/Freeze requires recording functionality, this is implemented in the current generation TVs.

3) TVs from last year and beyond show "Picture In Picture" at Net TV pages and at the program guide pages (IP-EPG). VGA and HDMI are not shown in the PIP. This is related to the separation of tuner sources and external sources in the internal hardware of the TV. The new TV models support PIP of the HDMI sources.

4) It was not foreseen to fully interact with the various data formats offered over USB.

5) Your TV does support widgets, but we do not offer widgets. Broadcasters want to be in control on widgets shown during their broadcasts. They are now building widget concepts.

tolgaakcan
06-07-2011, 10:31 AM
So what Adamo asked will not be implemented in ex models PVR or etc..Since it requires certain hardware.

Adamo
06-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Dear Adamo,

Answers below:

1)...

Dear Philips,

I thank you for your quick and complete answer.

From what I've read, it is required a new hardware to manage what I've asked and it is related not only to computational power (questions 1 and 2) but also to design choises (questions: 3 and 4).

There is just a thing that sorry me, it is that from a tv with multimedia capabilities (sold in 2010) I expected a much more complete media player (in term of functionality). From the specification sheet is not so easy to understand that the tv software player can do only: "play", "pause" and "rewind/fast forward".

Ok now I know for sure, I'll need to buy an external media player and recorder.

It's sad but I understand that business is business.

Sincerely,
Adamo

mjwood
08-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I wonder why Philips have not installed VLC (VideoLan/vlc) into the TV software? It's open source, available under Linux and supports many more formats that my TV can play.

none1234
09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Dear Philips,

I would really appreciate it if it would be possible to play a mpeg2-ts steam in NetTV app. Right now it seems that only mp4 is supported.
I need the mpeg2-ts support to have a frontend ( NetTV app) for my sattelite receiver ( embedded pc with linux and hts-headend,

https://www.lonelycoder.com/hts/

and be able to access webpages/streams on local network, ( 192.168.x.x range )

adrother
03-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I would love to have:

- a 'info bar' displaying the currently broadcasted program, now/next overlay while switching the chanel
--> Philips said that is not supported, but why? Is it such a big thing? Without it it is really anoying to look for current program

- a Fast-Forward Function for DLNA streams. I cant fast-forward a video that I stream via DLNA!

But I think philips dont read this, so it is quite waste...