PDA

View Full Version : Philip 9600 Freezes @ home menu

airlung
11-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Hi, I have a Philips BDP9600 Blu-ray disk player, eveything runs fine except the player offen hang/freeze at the home menu. I have to restart the player and it will run normally after then. I have brought the player to the repair center twice and they have changed some parts and even replacement a new player for me but the problem still exsist. I have did some testing myself and I found out that the player will only hang/freeze at the home menu when I turn on the reciever and TV before I turn on my player. The problem will not occur when I turn on the player before turning on my reciever (Onkyo TX-NR609) and my TV (Sony HX920). Do you have any idea of what is causing this problem? Is there a fix to this? I already have the lastest firmware 1.63 inatalled. Thx for looking into this.

Oscar
11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
This looks like it has to do something with easylink….

Can you test first with the TV only, so to try to find out if it comes from the TV or from the receiver

Rhino
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi Airlung,

I have a Philips 46PFL9704H/12 TV connected to a Onkyo TX-NR609 and the receiver is connected to the BDP9600/12 with f/w version 1.63.
I have noticed exactly the same as you. I have a programmable Philips remote and I have configured it in such a way it always sends the power-on code to the BDP9600 first because it takes a very long time before the player is fully ready. After about 15 seconds after power-on to the BDP9600 I send a power on to the TV and then after again about 15 to 20 seconds I send a power-on to the receiver. I have the HDMI-CEC settings at both the receiver as well as on the BDP off. This is also the case on the TV.
At that time the BDP9600 is about ready but I always wait with sending commands until I have seen "No Disc" in the display and the full start screen of the player with the icons is visible on my TV.
The BDP9600 has very "sensitive" software that easily gets "out of wack". The only thing what you can do then is power down. Wait acouple of minutes and then remove the power cable for a few minutes and the after connecting it again power up, etc.
If it really doesn't want to work as expected you can restore factory defaults so it works like it just came out of the box. Please write down your specific settings first before you do that otherwise you have to try it all over again.
I remeber that it took me quite some time to get DVD video output working. I had to set a specific setting at the TX-NR 906 (I think it was the zoom function).

philitalia
12-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Mine used to completely freeze at the beginning of discs. I needed to unplug the unit, switch it back on and then it would work perfectly. After a while it would start freezing during playback of a film. It was time to bring it in for repairs. After 2 months (!) it came back and now it's working perfectly. I was told the motherboard was faulty and a new was put in.

Oscar
12-05-2012, 11:20 AM
But any of you tried without easylink?