PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL4007 hangs during start-up

Martijn71
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
A few weeks ago I bought a 42pfl4007. My satisfaction is hampered by one issue: al least once a day, the TV 'hangs' when starting up. I have to run some more tests, but it seems to happen when HDMI1 is selected when the TV is put into stand-by. When I switch it back on, I can see the hourglass and 'philips', but then I see 'blinking balls', they remind me of KITT's lights in Knight Rider :-). The only sollutions seems to be to remove and reconnect the power cord, sometimes more than once.

I have installed the latest firmware, entered a static IP (I hoped it was a DHCP issue), removed the networkcable altogether and removed/reinstalled the Neotion CI+ module, without any result.

Any ideas? This is becoming a dealbreaker for me...

206hdi
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
I have the same problem, except that it`s when i have used HDMI3 (playstation 3) and want to see tv, it just keeps running "blinking balls" in the buttom. Remote will not work, and power must be turned off 2-3 times before working again..
55PFL5527T

Philips - Marco
11-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi Martijn71 and 206hdi,
Welcome to the Philips TV Forum,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I would just like to inform you that the issue is being looked into and we're working on a solution.
We will keep you updated, in the meantime thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Marco

Martijn71
11-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Yesterday an engineer looked at my TV. It took a long time for the problem to occur, and once it did, he didn't take it too seriously. Without doing further research, he blamed my receiver, and left.

Then I removed all hdmi cords from the TV. Every few tries, the TV still hangs. Conclusion: my receiver is no factor in this issue (the engineer could have investigated and concluded this in a few minutes...).

Today I agreed with the shop that they're going to exchange the entire TV. I hope the story ends here for me...

Martijn71
12-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Today I agreed with the shop that they're going to exchange the entire TV. I hope the story ends here for me...

Too bad, the story continues... Even the new TV has the same problem. I changed the CAM module... again, still the same problem. I'm getting a bit desperate here...

Philips - Rafe
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Hi both, and anyone else reading :)

Are you guys still experiencing the same problems?

We'd like to look into this a little further for you if so.

I look forward to hearing your feedback,

Rafe :)

Martijn71
12-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi both, and anyone else reading :)

Are you guys still experiencing the same problems?

We'd like to look into this a little further for you if so.

I look forward to hearing your feedback,

Rafe :)

O yes, the problem is still there. This morning, the 'cable guy' updated the signal amplifier (it was obsolete anyway), but to no avail. He told me he sees a lot op problems with the 'Philips TV and CAM' combination.

So, I'm going to look for a different brand TV, he recommended Sony of Samsung. Switching on my TV really should not be a stressful event after all...