PDA

View Full Version : Usb video icons

GERARDPA
11-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi There just wondering how to create icons that go with the video file on the usb device in the browser.

kwinnie
11-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi There just wondering how to create icons that go with the video file on the usb device in the browser.

which device you using? i was told that my devices dont have this feature. the image holder next to the video is not an icon, it's preview. however this feature is not available. in hmp though, this is available.

bdp9700 next year probably come with this feature.

GERARDPA
11-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Its a BDP5180/05, the browser does have a thumbnail or preview window to the right of the video filename with running time and screen size of the video below. It shows a preview of pictures but not the videos. It seems to have the ability to do it. ive tried using icon files with the same name as the video but still no luck.

Oscar
11-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi,

kwinnie is right, these features are not availalbe in the device. There were others asking this in the past but no way...

GERARDPA
11-22-2012, 01:59 PM
ok thanks, another reason to get rid of the player,
Ive updated it to 1.62 and it still freezes halfway through a film and sometimes even while im using the browser i have to unplug it to get it working again. gonna do my research this time instead of believing that a product should do what it says on the box. I just don't see why Phillips would put the icon for a thumbnail and not allow you have one. absolutely pointless. its just good looking glitchy rubbish. sorry Philips but Ive given you my hard earned money for product that don't work correctly. ive had this product for over a year and only used it a handful of times, only now Ive started using it a lot and now i see how glitchy it is.

kwinnie
11-23-2012, 02:51 AM
sorry to hear this from you.
icon to me is that that a big issue...

but seems for your freezing issue, it is a issue to look at. you report this before?

Oscar
11-23-2012, 08:29 AM
You did not report this looking at your forum posts. So freezing when does this happen? Playback of dvd/blu rays movies or via USB? Original movies or downloads.

Can you give all the info since that is more easy to check then.....

GERARDPA
11-23-2012, 12:12 PM
The lack of preview is not the major factor for my disappointment but its just another nail in the coffin for the player

The player will freeze if im using the USB browser or even just flicking around with the settings menu.
playback freezes or drops frames when playing bu-rays at about the 2 hour mark (disks are brand spanking new so there not dirty)
Doesn't seem to freeze when playing from the usb but if i stop using it and go back to the home menu it may freeze. I have to unplug it from the wall to get it working again. Ive looked up on the forums and the only thing i could find to remedy the problem is to turn the Easy link off but it hasn't helped me. Ive updated it to 1.62 and it now plays some mkv files which it wouldn't play before but that's about all, it still freezes.
Ive chatted to someone on a forum that said he went to the extent of getting his player checked by Phillips, they changed the drive and replaced a circuit board and he still has the same problem. I have a home 3d Cinema using a 3d projector and its all plumbed in nicely with all the wires hidden away its a real pain having to unplug it at least twice a day. My mistake was not using it much the first year so i didn't notice the freezing problem only now using it regularly i relies it does not work correctly, so its out of warranty. Im not going to spend any money on it trying to get the problems sorted. Il just sell it on and try and get some of my money back and put it towards one that does play correctly.

looking at reviews and forums to see which 3d player has the least amount of problems because it seems blu-ray players seem to have alot of bugs, not playing certain disks and freezing up is a common occurrence.

kwinnie
11-26-2012, 08:05 AM
understand :)
after your update, you may need to do a factory reset as well. that makes your player more stable as according to our experience. i personally seldom experience a freezing problem with my players. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones.

As for the disc playability, understand that playing some disc may give you problems. but if that causes philips players some problem, it usually causes prob to other brands too. (unless that brand manufacture that problematic disc themselves...) so, firmware upgrade is needed... but we need patience for this...