PDA

View Full Version : No TV Sound

jlam
11-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Wonder if any one can help (hopefully in plain english!) I have just bought a HTS3520/05 Home Theatre, I have an
LG 42LK45OU TV and a Virgin Tivo box. DVD's, CD's Radio all play with excellent surround sound. However, I cannot get any sound from the TV channels. Would be grateful for any suggestions.:confused:

kwinnie
11-26-2012, 07:35 AM
You mean the sound from TV channels cannot be channeled to your HTS speakers?
Make sure you have HDMI cable connected, and then enable ARC and complete the mapping procedure :)

jlam
11-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks for your reply. Thats right - I am unable to get sound from my TV channels through HTS speakers. I have HDMI cable connected from TIVO box to TV and one from HTS to TV (there is one HDMI point on TIVO box, one on HTS and three on TV, but no ARC). Any further suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks

kwinnie
11-27-2012, 03:08 AM
hi there :)

ARC is a sound feature on your home cinema sound player, it stands for Audio Return Channel.
So traditionally you have a video cable and an audio cable (yellow and red cable), one is channeling the video signal and one is channeling the audio signal. With ARC, the audio and video can be channeled in a single cable, i.e. HDMI.

So what you have to do is, make sure you have HDMI ARC feature for your TV. If this feature is available, you just have to go through the ARC setting in sound setting menu in the Home Cinema Sound player main menu and follow the online instructions for the mapping.

If you do not have the ARC feature for your TV, then I am afraid you have to use one more red audio cable to direct the TV channel audio to your HTS.

leon rodenburg
01-13-2013, 05:40 AM
hello i have the same problem only the hts 2500 is conected with a pr pb y (component video) cable to my tv the are both philips the tv is a 42pfl3207h 3200 serie please some body help me ?????????????

Muehle
01-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello Leon,
a component cable doesnīt support ARC. Itīs only to connect a video source with a display device. For further information read this: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video

leon rodenburg
01-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Hello Leon,
a component cable doesnīt support ARC. Itīs only to connect a video source with a display device. For further information read this: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video

yes i now but i have also audio in and out plugd in from hts to the tv
the red and te white plug audio cable