PDA

View Full Version : Persian Subtitle characters has Problem!!

hamidreza
11-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi,

I bought a 40PFL5507K/12 Philips 3D LED TV last month.

Every things is ok but Persian characters has problem when playing the movies from Usb and it shows wrong letters such as ş,ğ,ı etc..

In your site in "update section" , you consider Persian language and I downloaded it and upgraded my TV but not happened!! I think if you consider Persian language in this section exactly it should can resolve my problem but...

link:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=40PFL5507K/12&scy=GB&slg=en

Please help me if there is anyway to solve my problem.

Regards.

black.stream
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi,

I bought a 40PFL5507K/12 Philips 3D LED TV last month.

Every things is ok but Persian characters has problem when playing the movies from Usb and it shows wrong letters such as ş,ğ,ı etc..

In your site in "update section" , you consider Persian language and I downloaded it and upgraded my TV but not happened!! I think if you consider Persian language in this section exactly it should can resolve my problem but...

link:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=40PFL5507K/12&scy=GB&slg=en

Please help me if there is anyway to solve my problem.

Regards.

Hi hemidreza,

did you downloaded and installed the right firmware. You should choose firmware for K not T models (in UK it is 5507T), as you pasted UK site. http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=40PFL5507K/12&slg=de&scy=DE
Try this new one, and let me know if I helped.

Regards,
black.stream

hamidreza
11-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi
Tanks for reply but I try new one (your link) but again not happend, I downloaded it and I try to upgrad my TV by this one but my TV didn't accept it and my TV copied a file in my USB (update.htm) whit a message.
and I do every thing that information in message and when klick on this file on my laptop ,I follow the send id and the end I recieved this:

There is currently no download available.

For more information please visit the Support page for your product and check the section with downloads.

Go to the Philips Product Support pages

Please tell me what I do?
regards

black.stream
11-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi again,

Did you unpacked rar file to root of your USB? Do you know how to upgrade properly?

hamidreza
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi and tanks again

yes of course I did it.. first I un zip it then I copied this file(autorun.upg) to the USB and put the USB to the TV then I waited till TV loaded the USB and then I went to the home menu / setup / upgrade and then I choose the "with USB" then.....( I explained it before..)
I think I doing every thing correctly but persian file in site has problem please check it..
regards

black.stream
11-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Well, if you are doing everything than it is software related problem. If you have internet cable, try to plug it into your router and into tv and than try to update your software.
Personally, I think this is firmware bug that should be fixed. If I will have any solution, I will let you know. You can also contact philips support team (via e-mail). Maybe they have an answer.

Regards,
black.stream