PDA

View Full Version : greek subtitltes on PFL6007K/12

atrias
11-25-2012, 09:17 AM
hello

I have a PFL6007K/12 TV and I tried to play a movie with an external srt file with subtitltes in greek

I tried with file encoding Windows-1253 and with file encoding UTF-8 but the subtitles were not displayed correctly (funny characters displayed)

I have read this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8211-Problem-with-Greek-subtitles-on-42PFL4307H-12) regarding the same issue on a 4307 series Tv where the response was that greek will never be supported on THESE models.

I hope that THESE models do not include 6000 and up series which is supposed to be a higher class TV than 4307

The manual for 6007K says that both UTF8 and Windows-1253 encodings are supported.
Windows-1253 is an encoding specific for Greek language.
There should be support for greek characters if this encoding is supported.

update: 7-Mar-2013

PROBLEM SOLUTION HERE (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9144-greek-subtitltes-on-PFL6007K-12&p=53519&viewfull=1#post53519)

edit: 15-Mar-2013

as described here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11432-Greek-(and-other-language)-subtitles-on-Philips-TVs&p=53979&viewfull=1#post53979) the solution is working only for series 6000 or greater

FERRARI
11-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Same problem with 40PFL5507H.

Im afraid if this problem is not going to solve i will turn back the tv from my supplier and purchase another brand..

Manuj
11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Sorry, I thought I found an official post about 6007, but this was about another model.
Most probably greek subtitles are not supported.

atrias
11-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Series 4000 and 5000 use the same firmware but 6000 and up have a different firmware

that's why I hope that the phrase "these models" does not refer to 6000 and up

atrias
12-22-2012, 11:20 PM
any answer about this matter please?

dekay
12-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Dear moderators,

I am a proud (until recently) owner of a wicked expensive (almost 3000€) 52PFL9606H TV, which was recommended to me as the best state of the art TV in this category.
I as many other members of this forum have issues with the improper display of Greek external subtitles. Since this issue has been solved ago by manufacturers of cheaper and less sophisticated TVs than yours, I would like your opinion and plans to solve this (soon I hope).
By the way "...Greek subtitles will NOT be supported" cannot be a serious answer, can it now?

Regards, and happy new year!!!

atrias
01-12-2013, 01:12 PM
philips do you have an answer for us?
will we be able to have greek subtitltes, at least on higher model series (6000+)?
there are already many people asking for greek subs support.
besides this topic there are also many other topics and posts requesting greek subtitltes.

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6051-42pfl4307h-12

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8488-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-93-0-for-4xx7-and-5xx7-series-(2012-models)&p=43179&viewfull=1#post43179

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8211-Problem-with-Greek-subtitles-on-42PFL4307H-12

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6150-Greek-subtitles-don-t-appear!

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9856-Greek-subtitle-42PFL4307H-12

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7606-Philips-42PFL4307H-subtitle-support

I guess all these entries show a big interest in greek subtitltes!

Philips - Benedickte
01-15-2013, 08:29 AM
hello

I have a PFL6007K/12 TV and I tried to play a movie with an external srt file with subtitltes in greek

I tried with file encoding Windows-1253 and with file encoding UTF-8 but the subtitles were not displayed correctly (funny characters displayed)

I have read this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8211-Problem-with-Greek-subtitles-on-42PFL4307H-12) regarding the same issue on a 4307 series Tv where the response was that greek will never be supported on THESE models.

I hope that THESE models do not include 6000 and up series which is supposed to be a higher class TV than 4307

The manual for 6007K says that both UTF8 and Windows-1253 encodings are supported.
Windows-1253 is an encoding specific for Greek language.
There should be support for greek characters if this encoding is supported.

Hi Atrias.

Could you please confirm to me where you're trying to play this file with srt file from? (USB, DLNA, etc)
What software version is installed on your TV?

Best regards,
Benedickte

atrias
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
hello

I tried to play the movie + srt file from a USB stick

I first tried with the srt encoded with windows-1253 format and then I tried with the srt file encoded with UTF-8 format

In both cases the result was subtitltes with unrecognizable characters like those shown on the following post

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6051-42pfl4307h-12&p=34166&viewfull=1#post34166

I have the latest software version 150.082 installed

Philips - Benedickte
01-15-2013, 03:04 PM
hello

I tried to play the movie + srt file from a USB stick

I first tried with the srt encoded with windows-1253 format and then I tried with the srt file encoded with UTF-8 format

In both cases the result was subtitltes with unrecognizable characters like those shown on the following post

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6051-42pfl4307h-12&p=34166&viewfull=1#post34166

I have the latest software version 150.082 installed

Hi Atrias.

Thank you for this feedback. I will take this with me and check further up in this. Then get back to you when i get an answer :)

Best regards,
Benedickte

atrias
02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Hi Benedickte

Did you get any feedback regarding the greek subtitles issue?

miron
03-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately this problem is for Hebrew and many other languages too.
Your market share in Israel could be much higher if you added more fonts.

Looking forward for this to improve.

FON
03-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi Benedickte

Did you get any feedback regarding the greek subtitles issue?

καλημέρα Ατριας or (hello atrias)
i read this support site almost every day the last month and i wonder if i had to find more Greeks to make a team for our problems. are you in?
i have tv 32pfl5507h/12 (3 months) and i did not have problems with subtitles from usb not even from media manager (if i find the icon philips to start the movie).
i read on internet that from December Euronews have greek language but yesterday i try from smart tv i didn't find Greek language. do you now something?
about Net tv (Net TV: Λειτουργία Catch-up TV, Διαδικτυακά βιντεοκλάμπ, Ανοικτό πρόγραμμα περιήγησης στο Διαδίκτυο, Διαδικτυακές εφαρμογές) we have any chance to ever have? or do you know how can we see the apps from other countries? because in Germany they have.
you know how can i see Electronic Program Guide?
many questions for start!!!
i am waiting for you Greek friends

FON
03-04-2013, 09:50 AM
good morning again
i am so sad, i just contact with the Greek phone support and i am convinced that they dont have an idea about their products.
i ask them how i can see german apps (because i speak the language) and greece dont have net tv and they answer that i can not (i had read somewhere in this site that i can) and when i tryed the green button it was there!!!!.
when i ask for flash and for epg and for net tv (Catch-up TV,video on demand and..) the said "you are in greece what you expect"
sorry but you have to be carefull what you wish what you say and what you write.
i would like to heare you opinion

atrias
03-04-2013, 08:01 PM
EPG for Greece is only available through antenna receiver and not throught internet

I guess you found out how to install apps from other countries in smart TV

Flash Content does not work in any smart TV browser as far as I know

i did not have problems with subtitles from usb not even from media manager
please clarify about this.
you were able to see greek subtiltes from an srt file in a usb stick together with a movie?
what is your firmware version?

FON
03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
EPG for Greece is only available through antenna receiver and not throught internet

I guess you found out how to install apps from other countries in smart TV

Flash Content does not work in any smart TV browser as far as I know

please clarify about this.
you were able to see greek subtiltes from an srt file in a usb stick together with a movie?
what is your firmware version?

atrias sorry for the false hope i gave you. The films with separate srt don't have subtitles.
about programme guide i set it to take information from the system not from the network but again i don't have programme. i do something wrong?
have you any information about recording or video on demand in Greece?

atrias
03-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I have 6007 series so I am not sure about 5507 that you have

In my TV the EPG and Recording works fine.
I think Recording is only for 6000 series and up.

I think there are no video-on-demand services for Greece but I didn't try to find so I don't know for sure

Please let's keep this topic about Greek subtitltes and not anything about Greece and the TV

FON
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
ok i will respect your choise.
Thanks anyway

jeik
03-06-2013, 03:29 PM
good morning again
i am so sad, i just contact with the Greek phone support and i am convinced that they dont have an idea about their products.
i ask them how i can see german apps (because i speak the language) and greece dont have net tv and they answer that i can not (i had read somewhere in this site that i can) and when i tryed the green button it was there!!!!.
when i ask for flash and for epg and for net tv (Catch-up TV,video on demand and..) the said "you are in greece what you expect"
sorry but you have to be carefull what you wish what you say and what you write.
i would like to heare you opinion

χαχαχαχα .... τι παπαρας, τι ανοητη απαντηση ηταν αυτην ??? !!!

Well ,an other Greek TV owner 42PFL6057H/12 , Hi to everybody, I'm living temporary in Belgium ,and yes l have issues with the TV , but I can see Greek subs from a movie via USB , I don't remember if they are included on the film or in an external SRT file ,I need to check and let you know.
Τα λεμε φιλοι ,Δημητρης !!!

goldbird
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
χαχαχαχα .... τι παπαρας, τι ανοητη απαντηση ηταν αυτην ??? !!!

Well ,an other Greek TV owner 42PFL6057H/12 , Hi to everybody, I'm living temporary in Belgium ,and yes l have issues with the TV , but I can see Greek subs from a movie via USB , I don't remember if they are included on the film or in an external SRT file ,I need to check and let you know.
Τα λεμε φιλοι ,Δημητρης !!!

Μπορεί να είσαι τυχερός και στην σειρά 6000 να μπορείς να δεις Ελληνικούς υπότιλους.
Πάντως φίλε μου στην σειρά 47pfl4307k δεν παιζει Ελληνικούς υπότιλους με τίποτα...

atrias
03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
6007 series that I have does not display greek subtitles from a SRT file

maybe the subtitles you mention are included in the film

jeik
03-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Μπορεί να είσαι τυχερός και στην σειρά 6000 να μπορείς να δεις Ελληνικούς υπότιλους.
Πάντως φίλε μου στην σειρά 47pfl4307k δεν παιζει Ελληνικούς υπότιλους με τίποτα...

I don't know , I hope philips to solve this

jeik
03-06-2013, 06:37 PM
6007 series that I have does not display greek subtitles from a SRT file

maybe the subtitles you mention are included in the film

Maybe .

AlexBelgium
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't speak read or write greek. But I had a similar problem using original dutch srt subtitles. I solved it this way: use the subtitle button and choose "on". Hit the options button. You have several options, one of them is very interesting: "character-encoding" (or similar), there you can choose UTF-8, which solved my problem. There's also a greek option. Perhaps you can try both. Our television is 42PFL6687, I can't vouch for other televisions.

FON
03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
for 5507
i start a film with srt subtitles and when i push the button subtitle from my remote nothing happens after i tryed the options button and the line of subtitles was gray and not possible to use it.
out of the film on main options of tv, the subtitles are open in automatic change.

AlexBelgium
03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
for 5507
nothing happens after i tryed the options button and the line of subtitles was gray and not possible to use it.
out of the film on main options of tv, the subtitles are open in automatic change.

The srt file needs to have the exact same name as movie. Only the extension is different. I also don't know if subtitles are supported for your television. I highly recommend to read the manual for such information.

It's also possible the options button for subtitles isn't available for 5000 series or below.

FON
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
thanks Alex, you solve me the half problem!
i change the name of srt exactly like the film and the choise of subtitles button now its open but.... the subtitles that they appear are more like chinese than greeeks.
i hope philips to do something for all of us.

AlexBelgium
03-07-2013, 06:56 PM
thanks Alex, you solve me the half problem!

No problem

i change the name of srt exactly like the film and the choise of subtitles button now its open but.... the subtitles that they appear are more like chinese than greeeks.
i hope philips to do something for all of us.

Try the options button now. I hope it works for you. If that doesn't work, then try to convert the srt to another characterencoding (such as UTF-8), using a computer.

If that doesn't work, try to convert the srt file in another subtitle format. You'll have to check the manual for which subtitles formats are supported. (e.g. subviewer)

If your movie uses avi (divx, xvid) and not mkv or mp4, you can build the subtitles into the file without conversion. Here is a program that works with that: http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php You can also find a manual on that website.

Good luck.

atrias
03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
the subtitles that they appear are more like chinese than greeeks.

this is exactly the problem we are facing with greek subtitles!

the encoding windows-1253 that is said in the manual to be supported by the TV is not worknig as expected so greek subtiltes are shown like chinese.

atrias
03-07-2013, 07:13 PM
use the subtitle button and choose "on". Hit the options button. You have several options, one of them is very interesting: "character-encoding" (or similar), there you can choose utf-8, which solved my problem. There's also a greek option.

Yes we have a winner!!!

at least it works on my 6007 TV :D :D

I had searched all the menus but I had not found this option for character encoding before!

Perhaps it was an addition to the firmware 150.082 that I now have installed.

For greek readers this option says "Σύνολο Χαρακτη(ρων)".
Not exactly a correct tranlation but it gets the job done!

goldbird
03-15-2013, 08:51 PM
There is no such option in my 4307 TV...
Come on guys, add Unicode fonts...

goldbird
03-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Try the options button now. I hope it works for you. If that doesn't work, then try to convert the srt to another characterencoding (such as UTF-8), using a computer.

Doesn't recognise Unicode...

If that doesn't work, try to convert the srt file in another subtitle format. You'll have to check the manual for which subtitles formats are supported. (e.g. subviewer)

Tried all the subtitle formats in the manual but since it doesn't recognise greek or unicode fonts, again nothing. Unfortunately subviewer subs (which have nothing to do with fonts, they are images) are NOT supported.

If your movie uses avi (divx, xvid) and not mkv or mp4, you can build the subtitles into the file without conversion. Here is a program that works with that: http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php You can also find a manual on that website.

Have you tried doing that on a 3d movie??? I have tried that with many different programs and methods but again nothing worked for me.If you succed let me know

Good luck.
We need official support besides luck