PDA

View Full Version : Power on tv from app?

DennisB
11-25-2012, 12:54 PM
I just bought a 47PFL6907T, connected it to my network and tested the MyRemote app on three different devices; ipad, iphone and an android phone. Most features seem to be working although a bit buggy however one thing that bothers me is that I cannot power on my tv from either of these devices. I tried connecting the tv to my lan both with wifi and with a cable but the results are the same. UPnP is enabled in the network and I have set a fixed IP address on the tv. The tv has firmware QF1EU-0.150.48.13 and I am using MyRemote 3.3.0.

Is this working for anyone?

Toengel
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi,

when the TV is off/standby, the network is shut down. So - how should it work?

However, you can try to switch on the "Fast Wakup". Maybe then the network is available in standby - then you should be able to control the TV...

Toengel@Alex

DennisB
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply, this quick start mode is sort of what I was looking for. However a feature available on many computers is wake-on-lan which is that the network card is active even when the computer is turned off. The computer can be powered on remotely over the network through a special network package being sent to the network card, for instance during the night to apply patches. I was kind of hoping for something like that here but I guess you can't have it all :)

NewFolk
01-15-2013, 11:04 PM
I need WOL and WOW, too

PS Where I can turn on fast wake up ?