PDA

View Full Version : how to useTwonky /Philips Media Manager?

mazorz
11-26-2012, 04:55 AM
Good Morning!
Where can I find help/ guide how to use Twonky /Philips Media Manager?
I dowloaded it and install it but it doesn't work!!

Htep
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Hello,
Windows or Mac?
Share files via Twonky, be sure that the service is enable and upnp active on your router. Connect the pc or Mac and the tv to the same network and browse network from the tv. Twonky server should appear...

mazorz
01-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Hello,
Windows or Mac?
Share files via Twonky, be sure that the service is enable and upnp active on your router. Connect the pc or Mac and the tv to the same network and browse network from the tv. Twonky server should appear...
hello !
I have Win 7 and Win 8- where I can receive detailed Help/Tutorials?

mazorz
01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
hello !
I have Win 7 and Win 8- where I can receive detailed Help/Tutorials?

hello!
what is "upnp"?
how I share my files via Twonky?
I need text written in popular simple English!!
thanks!!

Pier
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Dear Philips Support Forum,

First time poster here ;)

I've tried downloading the Media Manager of Philips, but when I try to do the installation I keep on getting error messages that I need to do it with administrator rights. However the account I'm using is the administrator.... Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Pier

FON
03-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Dear Philips Support Forum,

First time poster here ;)

I've tried downloading the Media Manager of Philips, but when I try to do the installation I keep on getting error messages that I need to do it with administrator rights. However the account I'm using is the administrator.... Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Pier

hallo Pier,
try my pc, control panel, users acounts, finde your self like user and change your self as administrator after go to your wall (again to control panel) and take oute the firewall. try to download the media manager from the support of your product into the philips site.
good luke
i hope i help you by by

Pier
03-04-2013, 07:02 AM
hallo Pier,
try my pc, control panel, users acounts, finde your self like user and change your self as administrator after go to your wall (again to control panel) and take oute the firewall. try to download the media manager from the support of your product into the philips site.
good luke
i hope i help you by by

Hi,

I only have one user account on my laptop which has administrator rights. I've double checked this in the control panel. Also tried to reinstall again without the firewall, but I get the same error.

I've already tried to download and install on another laptop (with admin account) and I get the same error message during the installation.

Is it working for you?

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9159-how-to-useTwonky-Philips-Media-Manager&highlight=philips+media+manager

Pier

Pier
03-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Hello Fon,

I replied this morning, but for some reason it's not showing up. Anyway, I've looked at your suggestion and I already tried it....without succes. I only have one user account on my personal laptop which has admin rights. I did however tried to install the software without my firewall and I get the same error message. I also tried to do it on my work laptop (where I also have admin rights), but I still get the same message that I need an admin account when installing....

I am the only one with this problem?

Pier

FON
03-04-2013, 03:42 PM
dear Pier,
sorry but i don't have any other idea. I did not had this problem. i wish you the philips or friends to answer you soon.

Pier
03-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi Fon,

thanks for trying at least ;). could you do me one favor? Could you download the Philips Media Manager once and see if you get the same error message? I'm wondering if this is a general issue or if it's just my laptops.

@ the rest of the Forum: DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Pier

Pier
03-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi Fon,

thanks for trying at least ;). could you do me one favor? Could you download the Philips Media Manager once and see if you get the same error message? I'm wondering if this is a general issue or if it's just my laptops.

@ the rest of the Forum: does anybody else have any suggestions?

Pier

FON
03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi Fon,

@ the rest of the Forum: does anybody else have any suggestions?

Pier

Pier
i have install media manager without problem!
but because i am curious i made uninstall and installation again without problem.
some questions that may help us all to help you.
you have mac or windows?
if you have windows which one?
which model tv you have?
try to find other users or posts with the same model of tv

see you!!

Pier
03-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Pier
i have install media manager without problem!
but because i am curious i made uninstall and installation again without problem.
some questions that may help us all to help you.
you have mac or windows?
if you have windows which one?
which model tv you have?
try to find other users or posts with the same model of tv

see you!!

Hi Fon, I'm working on a windows 7 workstation. The TV model is Philips 7000 series Smart LED-TV 37PFL7606H 94 cm (37'') Easy 3D DVB-T/C met Ambilight Spectra 2 en Pixel Precise HD

Pier