PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.104 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Toengel
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi,

firmware 14.104 is online.

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
- Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
- IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

Q5551_0.14.104.0 (Date published: 2012-11-26)
Q5553_0.14.104.0 (Date published: 2012-11-26)

HbbTV application is not working. (Only applicable to country, Czech Republic)
USB recording resume function is not working.
TV turns off and on by itself when EasyLink is enabled

Toengel@Alex

wis
11-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Dear Philips remember that in Poland HbbTV doesn't work on 2011 series. Is this update solved our problem also?
One sugestion: It's very unnecessary to require active internet connection for playing records from local harddrive.

21_9_78
11-27-2012, 11:35 AM
cool can`t wait for this release when it arrives for the 58pfl9956 too :)

tiomiguel
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
more and more updates but... allowing to choose between mutichannel and pcm stereo in optical out is not implemented...good job, PHILIPS

Toengel
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi,

sure - you can choose - but it's a global setup...

Toengel@Alex

yolque
11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Installed the update today. According to the release notes, ~100% of the issues from the 101 thread were not addressed in 104, so I wasn't expecting much improvement. I've had my 55" PFL7606 since March and I've applied every update ever since, none of them have helped with my problems really so now I decided to write on the forum. (Once they even sent a technician at my home, he replaced the whole logic board with a new one. I told him that it's probably just a waste of time, because it's clearly the software that bugs, not the hardware... and I was right, it didn't help.)

These are my biggest problems/annoyances:

1. I'd like to use my Pioneer BCS-212 5.1 home cinema system as my external speakers, always. But if I have "EasyLink autostart" enabled, it just doesn't work. I think the main problem is the rather slow boot up time of the BCS-212 (some 15-20 secs). It looks like the 7606 doesn't send the autostart signal to the BCS-212 until the TV has completely finished its own startup sequence, and it tries to switch to external speakers immediately after waking up the BCS (while it's still booting). And the TV thinks it succeeded and it switches to external speakers. But there is just no sound at all. Sometimes switching between tv speakers / remote speakers can help, but most of the times not, and the only way to get it to work is to restart the BCS. That's why I don't use the 'autostart' option currently; I manually start the BCS before the TV and then go through Options > Speakers to switch it to external speakers. That's the only reliable way to make it work. :(

2. I have a CI+ module installed. Every time I turn on the TV, I get this crazy "authentication started" / "authentication success" popup on the screen, and I have to push the green button on the remote to "approve" this annoying notification. At the same time it displays an awkward "undefined" text on the top-left corner of the display (in place of the channel's name). It looks like the software is still in alpha testing phase or something...

3. DLNA is unstable. It's better now that I switched to wired internet connection, but with the PTA01 wireless adapter it was even more unstable (even though the signal strength was excellent). Sometimes while watching a movie or a tv series through DLNA (from my MacBook Pro + Twonky Media Server), it just hangs. And because you cannot rewind or fast forward with DLNA, it's a huge pain in the ass if it happens after you've been watching for an hour or so. I've tried with older Twonky servers and the latest myTwonky, no change. So I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the tv.

el_lama
11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Wonder how this fw fixes unavailability of HbbTV in the Czech Republic. None of the channels which are HbbTV enabled work! I've checked with my cable operator (UPC) and they do provide HbbTV. So now what? Is there a difference between DVBT and DVBC (from TV perspective)?

PFL7696H

Update: today (after one day since I've upgraded fw) I can see HbbTV on the channels they provide it. Have no idea why or what has been changed but it works. Is there any caching or what?

tiomiguel
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi,

sure - you can choose - but it's a global setup...

Toengel@Alex

NO, I am not ABLE to choose between PCM and multichannel

doener
11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
NO, I am not ABLE to choose between PCM and multichannel
Im also not able to chose between PCM and "Multichannel" what ever that menas.

On Digital channels im able to switch the Audio Stream. But depending on the Channel there are a 2x PCM, 2x DTS or 1 PCM and 1 DTS Stream which i can select.

Easylink still not working propperly{
I remove always the Powerswitch of all my "Home-(Frustation)Entertainment" devices. Nearly everytime i turn my TV on its a "Cold Start". And "Easylink" or "BuggyLink" Its also nearly everytime not working! It dosent Power up my AMP, its not recognizing my CEC devices.

I can see that directly during the booting of the TV if it will work or not.
If i see this message: Undifined Undifiened Easylink is not working!

Maybe there is one "Undifined" message per CEC-Device??

My Easylink settings:
Easylink: Enabled
Easylink Remote: Enabled
TV-Speaker: EasyLink-Autostart
Pixel-Plus-Link: Enabled
Automated Subtitle... : Enabled
HDMI 1 - ARC: Enabled

Connected Devices:
TV (HDMI1) - (TV Out) Panasonic SU-HTB20 (BD In) - (Raspberry Pi)
TV (HDMI2) - Unitymedia HD Recorder (No CEC support) (Always OnPower)
TV (HDMI3) - Playstation 3
TV (HDMI-Side) Not connected
TV (Ethernet RJ45) - TP Link 1043 ND (Router)
TV (Cabel in) -(Cabel out) Unitymeadia HD Recorder
}

DTS audio passthrue bug still there! (If i get the AMP Connecting to the TV)

I would like to help to fix that problems, are there any debugging logs accesible which i can upload?

black.stream
11-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Please, enable recording without internet connection! And remake usb subtitles.

RomanSO
11-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Just another "empty" update.

Since the moment when I bought my PFL7606 passed a lot of time. During this time my acquaintances bought 4 TVs. NO Any Philips!
I dissuaded them to buy this stuff. In a year in a firmware didn't correct anything important.
Philips give good-bye!
I'm still so angry!

youque +1
black.stream +1

bluevoice
11-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Easylink still not working propperly

I remove always the Powerswitch of all my "Home-(Frustation)Entertainment" devices. Nearly everytime i turn my TV on its a "Cold Start". And "Easylink" or "BuggyLink" Its also nearly everytime not working! It dosent Power up my AMP, its not recognizing my CEC devices.

I can see that directly during the booting of the TV if it will work or not.
If i see this message: Undefined Undefiened Easylink is not working!

Maybe there is one "Undefined" message per CEC-Device??

It seems that the "Undefined" message is normal for every device that is not recognized. See also here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3760-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-93-0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=20867&viewfull=1#post20867

bluevoice
11-30-2012, 08:30 AM
1. I'd like to use my Pioneer BCS-212 5.1 home cinema system as my external speakers, always. But if I have "EasyLink autostart" enabled, it just doesn't work. I think the main problem is the rather slow boot up time of the BCS-212 (some 15-20 secs). It looks like the 7606 doesn't send the autostart signal to the BCS-212 until the TV has completely finished its own startup sequence, and it tries to switch to external speakers immediately after waking up the BCS (while it's still booting). And the TV thinks it succeeded and it switches to external speakers. But there is just no sound at all. Sometimes switching between tv speakers / remote speakers can help, but most of the times not, and the only way to get it to work is to restart the BCS. That's why I don't use the 'autostart' option currently; I manually start the BCS before the TV and then go through Options > Speakers to switch it to external speakers. That's the only reliable way to make it work. :(

I have more or less the same setup as you (Philips TV and Philips HTS), but my findings are somewhat different. I've set the TV speakers to "Easylink autostart" so that the sound gets routed through my HTS speakers. This is how the startup sequence works on my setup: I start the TV and it gives the autostart signal to the HTS. The HTS has a long startup time. Now before the HTS is completely started the TV checks if the sound can be routed through the HTS. This fails and TV gives the message "Can't switch to external speakers, internal speakers active". Now if I wait a little longer until the HTS finally starts up entierly I get a second message saying "External speakers active". Seems that when the HTS is up and running it gives a new signal to the TV and this switches to the external speakers as soon as it gets that signal. So, it takes some time (average 60 seconds) but this setup works.

2. I have a CI+ module installed. Every time I turn on the TV, I get this crazy "authentication started" / "authentication success" popup on the screen, and I have to push the green button on the remote to "approve" this annoying notification.

I also use a CI+ module and I also see this pop-up, but it goes away by itself after a couple of seconds. To me this only occurs on encrypted channels of my TV provider, UPC.

At the same time it displays an awkward "undefined" text on the top-left corner of the display (in place of the channel's name). It looks like the software is still in alpha testing phase or something...

This seems to be normal, Easylink shows that it sees 2 devices but cannot identify them (see my previous post).

I do agree with you that Philips could make things better, the software is not optimal, but I don't expect to see more support for the 2k11 tv's as Philips now fully focuses on the 2k12 models and the new 2k13 line.

Ge Someone
12-01-2012, 01:26 PM
At least the annoying bug in the resume of recordings is removed.

new strange behaviour: After a cold start, the TV switches off after a couple of minutes.
During recording (with the TV in standby) sometimes the ambilight switches on.

It seems after version 99 new bugs get introduced in the releases.
edit: on 42pfl7606H

Joerg*
12-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi,

Since a couple of weeks I experience sound cracks via TV speakers. Updating to FW 14.104 doesn't solve the problem. Our 47PFL7606K/02 is connected via HDMI to a Kathrein Satellite Receiver. The sound cracks appear on irregular manner but approximately about 10 times an evening.
Has anybody made similar experiences?

regards

doener
12-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I have more or less the same setup as you (Philips TV and Philips HTS), but my findings are somewhat different. I've set the TV speakers to "Easylink autostart" so that the sound gets routed through my HTS speakers. This is how the startup sequence works on my setup: I start the TV and it gives the autostart signal to the HTS. The HTS has a long startup time. Now before the HTS is completely started the TV checks if the sound can be routed through the HTS. This fails and TV gives the message "Can't switch to external speakers, internal speakers active". Now if I wait a little longer until the HTS finally starts up entierly I get a second message saying "External speakers active". Seems that when the HTS is up and running it gives a new signal to the TV and this switches to the external speakers as soon as it gets that signal. So, it takes some time (average 60 seconds) but this setup works.

I also use a CI+ module and I also see this pop-up, but it goes away by itself after a couple of seconds. To me this only occurs on encrypted channels of my TV provider, UPC.

This seems to be normal, Easylink shows that it sees 2 devices but cannot identify them (see my previous post).

I do agree with you that Philips could make things better, the software is not optimal, but I don't expect to see more support for the 2k11 tv's as Philips now fully focuses on the 2k12 models and the new 2k13 line.

I think my Easylink is completly broke since the new FW update.
I resetet the TV now 2x im completly, disabled and enabled Easylink with many restarts and shutdowns (soft and hard). But my TV is unable to get any device connected over Easylink. I contacted the support, and they told me that the "Undefined" message during start looks like a HW malfunction and they want to send someone to repair my TV.

I still think its a problem of the FW. I will try to reinstall the current FW maybe something got wrong?

doener
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Reflashing the FW is not possible... :-( At least not the updating way...

Toengel
12-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Hi,

you can try to reflash via downgrade method...

Toengel@Alex

doener
12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi,

you can try to reflash via downgrade method...

Toengel@Alex

My easylink trouble is somehow fixed... I resetted the TV Multiple times. Without reflashing! Now Easylink it currently working as it should. But how long?!?

AMP starts with the TV. Every device is Propperly recognized. The support suggested to me to dont plug the power cord of the tv. So my tv is now always in standby. It seems to help.

#########
But im Still annoyed of the Sound issue in combination with my AMP and HDMI ARC. I have still that sound drops with all Dolby Digital 5.1 Sources when they are played over my AMP.

Its also there with streams from Videociety which are in "Dolby Digital 5.1". Thats so annoying to watch Movies with 5.1 Dolby over the internal Speaker while having a nice AMP connected to the TV.

TVMechanic
12-11-2012, 06:13 PM
I applied this latest version. Only thing I noticed is that USB recording on external HD runs smoother then it justed to do.
What has not been fixed is the channel update, which doesn't work. During a phone call with Philips, a few months ago, I was told that this would be fixed in the next update.
Now, for every new channel, I have to do a complete install (and loose my favorites). Funny, my Sony Bravia doesn't need to install a channel, you can just choose any channel....
I still have a lot of reboots, after having used Net-tv.

47PFL7606H/12

centpede
12-11-2012, 06:36 PM
My easylink trouble is somehow fixed... I resetted the TV Multiple times. Without reflashing! Now Easylink it currently working as it should. But how long?!?

The same to me. About 70% of the inital Easylink-handshakes are working, but for 30% I have to switch on/of the Soundbar (HTS7111 on 55PFL7606K/02). Furthermore, I have the same error-message described by bluevoice, but the system is working afterwards. Perhaps the new standby-software will improve the situation, I'll try this in a few weeks.

Philips - Benedickte
12-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Hi all.

For any technical feedback to this FW please follow this link (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9509-Your-experiences-with-FW-v14-104-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)&p=47330#post47330) and fill in the template. This will make it easier for us to report what you are experiencing. Both positive and negative feedback is welcome.

Note:
That thread is only for technical feedback and template have to be used.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Lucky Kameleon
12-14-2012, 11:32 AM
...I still have a lot of reboots, after having used Net-tv...

The same for me. My tv always reboots after having used Net-tv (or Smart TV, I've got a 37PFL7606), specifically when I finished watching video ("Uitzending Gemist", "RTL XL", "NOS Journaal" ect.) and return to the Home menu. I don't have any issues with Easylink, but is an update of the Standby Software a possible solution for this situation too? My tv runs the latest firmware and switching EasyLink off has no effect on this behaviour.

doener
12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
The same to me. About 70% of the inital Easylink-handshakes are working, but for 30% I have to switch on/of the Soundbar (HTS7111 on 55PFL7606K/02). Furthermore, I have the same error-message described by bluevoice, but the system is working afterwards. Perhaps the new standby-software will improve the situation, I'll try this in a few weeks.

I realy start to hate my Philips TV. I updated the Standby FW, I verifyed that its really installed. One day later again Easylink is compleatly out of work. now im trying again since one houre to get tv to see the connected devices. Turing easylink of, shutting down,wait, remove the power cord, wait, plugi again, wait, ,turn on, wait, enable easylink, wait, powerof ,wait, power on hdmi devices, wait, trun on tv, and so on. ... THIS IS BULL S*IT!

My 55PFL7606k02 is so unreliable I would like to buy a new TV because of this bugs. I think I start the "Repair" prozess now. After 3 failed trys I can get my money back! (And I know philips cant fix software issues by replacing HW parts).

but i like the TV, its features, non glossy, big, ambilight, 3d easy (Polarization). but i simply cant live with such a buggy device! --> I have no choice!

doener
12-15-2012, 03:26 PM
I realy start to hate my Philips TV. I updated the Standby FW, I verifyed that its really installed. One day later again Easylink is compleatly out of work. now im trying again since one houre to get tv to see the connected devices. Turing easylink of, shutting down,wait, remove the power cord, wait, plugi again, wait, ,turn on, wait, enable easylink, wait, powerof ,wait, power on hdmi devices, wait, trun on tv, and so on. ... THIS IS BULL S*IT!

My 55PFL7606k02 is so unreliable I would like to buy a new TV because of this bugs. I think I start the "Repair" prozess now. After 3 failed trys I can get my money back! (And I know philips cant fix software issues by replacing HW parts).

but i like the TV, its features, non glossy, big, ambilight, 3d easy (Polarization). but i simply cant live with such a buggy device! --> I have no choice!

I have 3 Easylink devices (AMP,RaspBerry,PS3) and 2 Not Easylink devices (Unitimedia HD Recorder and HDMI cable which is sometimes attached to a notebook).

I brought my tv to standby and startet the PS3. The TV turned on an switched to HDMI 1 but PS3 was on HDMI 3? It was than also not recognized and not in the "Home" menu.

I now resetet the TV again(its so annoying). Turned to standby. wait. pulled the power cord. wait. put the powercord back in. wait.
than I turned the TV on, configured the TV and copied back the channel list. (no devices in home menu, but all in standby and connected)
than i turnd the tv back to standby. Started my ps3, the tv turns on and switches to HDMI 3. I can also see the PS3 in the home menu again.
i did the same with the raspberry and my amp. All worked after the reset.

So all easylink devices are currently back in the "Home" menu. But how long?

RomanSO
12-16-2012, 09:06 AM
I hate my PFL7606 for this 3 big troubles:

1. Built-in player can not display cyrillic subtutles. WHY? Why are you made TV for sales in RUSSIA (and others) without cyrillic subtitles support?!
2. Rewind works with only one speed now. There were some speeds earlier in previous firmwares. Why it moved away?
3. GHOSTING* is simply AWFUL in 3D when plays by TV buitl-in player!!! PLEASE, do something with it!!! I want to see 3D normally!

*Crosstalk (or image ghosting) in 3D mode

doener
12-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I have 3 Easylink devices (AMP,RaspBerry,PS3) and 2 Not Easylink devices (Unitimedia HD Recorder and HDMI cable which is sometimes attached to a notebook).

I brought my tv to standby and startet the PS3. The TV turned on an switched to HDMI 1 but PS3 was on HDMI 3? It was than also not recognized and not in the "Home" menu.

I now resetet the TV again(its so annoying). Turned to standby. wait. pulled the power cord. wait. put the powercord back in. wait.
than I turned the TV on, configured the TV and copied back the channel list. (no devices in home menu, but all in standby and connected)
than i turnd the tv back to standby. Started my ps3, the tv turns on and switches to HDMI 3. I can also see the PS3 in the home menu again.
i did the same with the raspberry and my amp. All worked after the reset.

So all easylink devices are currently back in the "Home" menu. But how long?

Since my last post it happend again 2x. that all Easylink devices got lost after standby. It seems somehow its related to the HDMI device which was enabled before I turned off the TV.
If I let the TV on HDMI1 (AMP & RaspBerry) and power off my TV and if than my Raspberry crashes while the tv is off, all Easylink devices are lost from the TV Homemenu. To get them working i have to turn off the TV (Standby) and restart the raspberry which then starts the TV and switches to the Raspberry on HDMI 1. After that all Easylink devices are back in the homemenu and working as they should (Except of the Digital Audio Routing issue to the AMP, which Philips is not cappable to ever fix it).

by the way.
In the next year a cable company in parts of Germany will broadcast all FreeTV stations over DVB-C without encryption. This means that many people can watch digital TV without a special decryption module or Receiver. They can simple use the TVs integrated DVB-C module. I expect that allot more people will than see the that Digital Audio is not properly working over their AMPs.

born_trippy
12-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi!

I also have a problem with Easylink. I have a 47pfl7656.
I bought a HTL 5120. When turning thon sometimes it works. But often the TV turns on and also the Soundbar but then there is no sound. I have to powercycle the Soundbar 1 or 2 time before I get sound from it. Is there a solution for this problem?

Toengel
12-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi,

try this: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9494-Start-up-issues-when-external-devices-like-HTS-are-connected-(SCC_96076)

Toengel@Alex

desight
12-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Excuse me that not to your question, but PROBLEMS STILL THE SAME some last firmwares!
I hate my PFL7606 for this 3 big troubles:

1. Built-in player can not display subtutles. Any mkv movie! WHY?
2. Rewind works with only one speed now. There were some speeds earlier in previous firmwares. Why it moved away?
3. GHOSTING* is simply AWFUL in 3D when plays by TV buitl-in player!!! PLEASE, do something with it!!! I want to see 3D normally!

*Crosstalk (or image ghosting) in 3D mode

hi, i`m asked them this question several time BUT! no one answered me to!!!

1) Built-in player = useless,very slow, stuck\hang\not responding and reboot my TV some time
2) 3D from USB via built-in player WORKED before i update firmware (to 14.93 and so on till now) and now we get GHOSTING with any movie (movie that i watched before)
and now i (and all other users) cannot enjoy 3D from Philips 3D TV! Why?????? this feature worked fine before!!

Please answer us that this feature worked, and now they gone! and we (Philips dev) cannot fix them back!!!!:mad:

born_trippy
12-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi,

try this: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9494-Start-up-issues-when-external-devices-like-HTS-are-connected-(SCC_96076)

Toengel@Alex

Thanks for your help.
Seems to work now. Why don't they put this in the normal Firmware?!?

Thomas

doener
12-30-2012, 09:23 AM
hi, i`m asked them this question several time BUT! no one answered me to!!!

1) Built-in player = useless,very slow, stuck\hang\not responding and reboot my TV some time
2) 3D from USB via built-in player WORKED before i update firmware (to 14.93 and so on till now) and now we get GHOSTING with any movie (movie that i watched before)
and now i (and all other users) cannot enjoy 3D from Philips 3D TV! Why?????? this feature worked fine before!!

Please answer us that this feature worked, and now they gone! and we (Philips dev) cannot fix them back!!!!:mad:

On my PFL7606K02 i dont use the built in player anymore. It just like 90% of my TV, simply to unreliable, most things dont play, stop, freeze, skips, hangs, during the play. The 3D Gosting with the built in player sounds strange. In my mind the, 7606 has polarization technic and the software should not affect ghosting...
Yesterday i saw a bad 3D movie with allot of Ghosting but it was the movie with bad 3D.

doener
12-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Since my last post it happend again 2x. that all Easylink devices got lost after standby. It seems somehow its related to the HDMI device which was enabled before I turned off the TV.
If I let the TV on HDMI1 (AMP & RaspBerry) and power off my TV and if than my Raspberry crashes while the tv is off, all Easylink devices are lost from the TV Homemenu. To get them working i have to turn off the TV (Standby) and restart the raspberry which then starts the TV and switches to the Raspberry on HDMI 1. After that all Easylink devices are back in the homemenu and working as they should (Except of the Digital Audio Routing issue to the AMP, which Philips is not cappable to ever fix it).

by the way.
In the next year a cable company in parts of Germany will broadcast all FreeTV stations over DVB-C without encryption. This means that many people can watch digital TV without a special decryption module or Receiver. They can simple use the TVs integrated DVB-C module. I expect that allot more people will than see the that Digital Audio is not properly working over their AMPs.

Now Again all EasyLink devices gone... With the new StandBy FW 92.0....
Now i cant even get them back if i let the tv start from a easylink device.

desight
12-31-2012, 09:19 AM
On my PFL7606K02 i dont use the built in player anymore. It just like 90% of my TV, simply to unreliable, most things dont play, stop, freeze, skips, hangs, during the play. The 3D Gosting with the built in player sounds strange. In my mind the, 7606 has polarization technic and the software should not affect ghosting...
Yesterday i saw a bad 3D movie with allot of Ghosting but it was the movie with bad 3D.

Maybe you right about Polarization Technic, and if so... seems that i have a problem with my TV set specifically, but after i performed some debugging research and notice that when i running 3D video from build-in player or youtube app with default display profile (vivid,movie,games,etc...) in all of them i can easily notice heavy ghosting effect!!! BUT when i chose Photo profile, the brightness theme changing and ghosting still appear (like with all profiles) till i press OK button and Display profile menu closed (menu in the left side of the screen)! then ghosting immediately disappear!!!! and i can see clear 3D effect with 0 ghosting! and after deeper debugging, i can definitely say, that if i chose any display profile and set clarity to 0 or 1 ghosting effect not appear at all!!! in clarity level 2 and up you can easily spot heavy ghosting!!! (seems that from level 2 to 10 in clarity there is no difference in ghosting strength!!! all level is same strength)

can philips reproduce this issue in there lab? (TV is PFL7606H currently i am on 14.093 FW , on older FW this issue is not appear)
if this problem with my TV set... what can i do? (got it year ago, have another year of warranty )
if this is software problem, please fix it!
@ all users: please check with your TV`s if you can notice any ghosting effect from build-in player post your current FW/TV Model and replay my message, thanks!

doener
01-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Maybe you right about Polarization Technic, and if so... seems that i have a problem with my TV set specifically, but after i performed some debugging research and notice that when i running 3D video from build-in player or youtube app with default display profile (vivid,movie,games,etc...) in all of them i can easily notice heavy ghosting effect!!! BUT when i chose Photo profile, the brightness theme changing and ghosting still appear (like with all profiles) till i press OK button and Display profile menu closed (menu in the left side of the screen)! then ghosting immediately disappear!!!! and i can see clear 3D effect with 0 ghosting! and after deeper debugging, i can definitely say, that if i chose any display profile and set clarity to 0 or 1 ghosting effect not appear at all!!! in clarity level 2 and up you can easily spot heavy ghosting!!! (seems that from level 2 to 10 in clarity there is no difference in ghosting strength!!! all level is same strength)

can philips reproduce this issue in there lab? (TV is PFL7606H currently i am on 14.093 FW , on older FW this issue is not appear)
if this problem with my TV set... what can i do? (got it year ago, have another year of warranty )
if this is software problem, please fix it!
@ all users: please check with your TV`s if you can notice any ghosting effect from build-in player post your current FW/TV Model and replay my message, thanks!

@desight
I'm able to reproduce it with the built in Player but not with a HDMI source which plays the same SBS movie.

Its proppably a wrong used image preProcessor. That thing wich enhances the picture quality, reduces artefacts, sharpness, etc. This can indeed create Ghosting when it optimises to much or wrong on 3D content. The Clarity option, in German its "Schärfe" -> sharpness, is usually a Edge detector wich increases the contrast on found edges in every displayed image. (this makes the image look more clear, but in 3D movies if the left and right picture have no matching edges -> Ghosting.

HDMI Source: Clarity works like expected
Internal Movie Player: Clarity increases the picture Brightness allot. It looks like the Edge detected picture gets just Added to the source picture. Clarity level 10 looks nearly like b&w edge image without the source picture.

desight
01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
@desight
I'm able to reproduce it with the built in Player but not with a HDMI source which plays the same SBS movie.

Its proppably a wrong used image preProcessor. That thing wich enhances the picture quality, reduces artefacts, sharpness, etc. This can indeed create Ghosting when it optimises to much or wrong on 3D content. The Clarity option, in German its "Schärfe" -> sharpness, is usually a Edge detector wich increases the contrast on found edges in every displayed image. (this makes the image look more clear, but in 3D movies if the left and right picture have no matching edges -> Ghosting.

HDMI Source: Clarity works like expected
Internal Movie Player: Clarity increases the picture Brightness allot. It looks like the Edge detected picture gets just Added to the source picture. Clarity level 10 looks nearly like b&w edge image without the source picture.

Maybe you right, but this is must not to bother us! (Customer)
all the more so that image was clear on previous FW version (on any level of "Clarity\Sharpness")
and the second thing is that if you switch from clarity 1 to 2 picture not changing gradually! you can immediately see ghosting! AND if you switch from 2 to 1 (backward), picture still have heavy ghosting till you press OK! and then immediately dissapear!! if you keep in mind all this things that i wrote, you cannot call this not the other way than the FIRMWARE BUG! that must be fixed in next "Update"

also it is very interesting to hear philips devs explaining this issues (if it is)

B|G1
01-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Nice. Will install this.
Will 2D to 3D conversion be added?
Can it be updated through WiFi, or do I need to use USB.

Flowersun
01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
My Experience with 14.104

TV 47PFL7606K/02
View by SAT.

After watching more intense during the holidays here my experience with SW 14.104

+1 Picture and sound are still good
+2 could not find any new bugs

On the down side:

-1 16:9 transmissions have big black stripes on top and bottom
This takes away about 20% of the picture so I am watching 37" on my 47" TV.
Sure I can set it to "EXPAND 16:9", ( it takes 7 clicks on the egg remote),
but then the other transmissions are too big.
This leads to big hassles within the family.
Actually I would expect the "AUTO FILL" also to expand the 16:9 transmissions.
Our previous TVs did so.

-2 Hbb TV does not work anymore on German Private channels like SAT1, ProSieben, Kabel Eins etc.
This was more or less OK on versions before 14.101
Public German channels like Das Erste, ZDF, WDR are OK.

-3 The info text should contains a header and a text block. However with SAT reception (DVB-S) these two get mixed up leading to missing characters or strange characters. Again best noticed on private channels like ProSieben, KabelEins, VOX etc.
This looks like a bug which is simple to fix, the more while it is correct with digital cable (DVB-C)

-4 The EPG still does not work.
Even after connecting and formatting an HDD, there seems to be no usable functionality here.
It also lists up channels which I did not mark as favorite.

desight
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
My Experience with 14.104

TV 47PFL7606K/02
View by SAT.

After watching more intense during the holidays here my experience with SW 14.104

+1 Picture and sound are still good
+2 could not find any new bugs

On the down side:

-1 16:9 transmissions have big black stripes on top and bottom
This takes away about 20% of the picture so I am watching 37" on my 47" TV.
Sure I can set it to "EXPAND 16:9", ( it takes 7 clicks on the egg remote),
but then the other transmissions are too big.
This leads to big hassles within the family.
Actually I would expect the "AUTO FILL" also to expand the 16:9 transmissions.
Our previous TVs did so.

-2 Hbb TV does not work anymore on German Private channels like SAT1, ProSieben, Kabel Eins etc.
This was more or less OK on versions before 14.101
Public German channels like Das Erste, ZDF, WDR are OK.

-3 The info text should contains a header and a text block. However with SAT reception (DVB-S) these two get mixed up leading to missing characters or strange characters. Again best noticed on private channels like ProSieben, KabelEins, VOX etc.
This looks like a bug which is simple to fix, the more while it is correct with digital cable (DVB-C)

-4 The EPG still does not work.
Even after connecting and formatting an HDD, there seems to be no usable functionality here.
It also lists up channels which I did not mark as favorite.

Hi, thanks for sharing your expiriance! can you please perform some testing of built-in player on 14.104 running 3D content (SBS\Over-Under) from USB or YouTube on all display`s profile (vivid,game,movie.etc...)? and tell us if you see any ghosting effect when TV`s clarity\brightness set above 1?

Flowersun
01-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Hello Desight,

today I checked your subject and yes, I could reproduce on many (not all) 3D movies within You Tube.

I found one video where is is particularly obvious, so lets create a reference for the QA department.

Go to Net-TV then select you You Tube and select 'search'
Type "kiwirail 3d" to find an SBS video of a train from Sept. 8 2012.
( Be sure to select the 3D one, there is a 2D video as well)

Unfortunatly we have to set the TV in 3D mode for each video, taking 5 clicks.
Now play the video and let the train run over the bridge and pause after the engine has passed.
You can then note the ghost effect clearly on the poles of the waggons.

Now to your comments:
I guess you mean with clarity\brightness actually 'sharpness'
My TV was set to sharpness = 4 ( Brightness = 50)
Now with the train paused I changed to sharpness = 0 and then let it run again and pause it again.
Now ghosting is almost completly gone!

So there is definetly a relation with the sharpness setting and the ghost effect.
and yes, it is still present in 14.104
It is best seen when there are objects outside against a clear blue sky.
Several videos show these effect, but there are others e.g. some gaming demos where it is completely
absent.

elroy
01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Updated today after having a lot of Epg problems.

Fitst of all: when i goto software update trough internet it says software up to date ( was running v101)
So i have to update trough USB .

Second: when switching on the tv i see the authentification of the Ci+ module.

Rest seems to work okay.... Until further testing......

whoppi
01-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Hi,

I have just upgraded to FW v0.14.104 on my 46pfl6606t and everything seems to work ok.

In another post i saw that there was a recommendation to upgrade the standby firmware to 92.00.00.
checked my version and it says 90.67.00 -should i update this?

Toengel
01-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Hi,

if you have sometimes issues with Easylink, than you can update the standby firmware...

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

born_trippy
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi!

I also have a problem with Easylink. I have a 47pfl7656.
I bought a HTL 5120. When turning thon sometimes it works. But often the TV turns on and also the Soundbar but then there is no sound. I have to powercycle the Soundbar 1 or 2 time before I get sound from it. Is there a solution for this problem?

Tried the standby firmware upgrade but this does not help. Maybe it is the soundbar that is not working correctly.

At my neighbors I have seen a LG TV + HTS system and their Easylink TV user interface seems pretty nice compared to Philips.

Thanks

smaus
01-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi,

I have just upgraded to FW v0.14.104 on my 46pfl6606t and everything seems to work ok.

In another post i saw that there was a recommendation to upgrade the standby firmware to 92.00.00.
checked my version and it says 90.67.00 -should i update this?

Where did jou find the standby firmware, cant find it

Toengel
01-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi,

see: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9494-Start-up-issues-when-external-devices-like-HTS-are-connected-(SCC_96076)

Toengle@Alex

AndreasP
02-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Hi,
Sorry to say that the issue with distorted subs on National Geographic HD is back with this version... But this time only the first textline is distorted, always.

(http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6505-Sub-texts-get-distorted-when-watching-National-Geographic-HD&p=36106#post36106)

el_lama
02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
IP-EPG: outdated EPG. Can Philips support pay attention on this thread http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10155-IP-EPG-problem-with-view-and-date?

rvbrvb
02-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Does anybody know if FW v0.14.101 for the 42PFL7676H is still available for download ? I'm still on version v0.14.099 and I want to upgrade but I don't want to upgrade directly to FW v0.14.104...

Thanks, Robert.

bluevoice
02-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Does anybody know if FW v0.14.101 for the 42PFL7676H is still available for download ? I'm still on version v0.14.099 and I want to upgrade but I don't want to upgrade directly to FW v0.14.104...

Thanks, Robert.

Why do that? 14.101 is more crippled than 14.104.

rvbrvb
02-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Why do that? 14.101 is more crippled than 14.104.

Just being cautious... doing it one step at a time ;-)

bluevoice
02-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Just being cautious... doing it one step at a time ;-)

14.101 introduced some problems that were not existent in 14.99. The latter 14.104 fixed those problems.

14.101 is no longer available.

rvbrvb
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
14.101 introduced some problems that were not existent in 14.99. The latter 14.104 fixed those problems.

14.101 is no longer available.

Thanks for the info !

doener
02-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Yesterday I was shortly before killing my 55PFL7606K02.

I invented 5 People to watch two Blue-Ray Movies on my 3D TV. After the first Movie, The TV Startet Freaking out!

Dosen't react to the remote properly. I had to pull the power cord.
I didn't start, I had to pull it again... then it started, but didn't see my HTS and PS3 (Home Menu icon).
It took me again nearly 40 minutes in front of my guest to get this TV work like expected. Simple playing a Blue-Ray with the TV and the sound over my HTS system. Is that already to much? Thats such a crappy device.

Maybe i wanted to much from this TV but it simple cant be that this TV as "Head" of my Home Theater (HDMI ARC) makes such a BAD Job.

I use all 4 HDMI Ports, with 5 devices connected.
HTS,PC,PS3,Rasperry PI,HD Recorder. Has Anyone at Philips testet such a scenario?
2 Devices dosent understand HDMI CEC -> PC and HD Recorder can that be the problem? If yes i cant change it! If they do something wrong on the CEC channel the tv should be able to handle that!
Maybe it could help if i was able to Disable CEC for a Particular HDMI port??

I just want a working (Reliable) TV!

RomanSO
02-22-2013, 05:56 AM
TVs of 2011 still had many problems! When there will be a new firmware?

Klokop
03-09-2013, 06:19 PM
My TV still turns itself off, and on again, multiple times per evening (Re: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9094-32PFL7406K-switches-itself-off-and-on-again)

RomanSO
04-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Where is a new firmware?! :mad:

mikko
05-01-2013, 10:02 PM

That's a very good question. I've had my TV (a 55PFL7606T/12) for a bit over a year now. It came with 0.14.96.0 pre-installed, after that I've upgraded to 97, 98, 99, 101 and 104, wishing that my problems would go away... but none of the problems I've been having have been fixed so far. Among these are:

- The DLNA playback is pretty unstable (it just "hangs" every now and then and there's no way to fast-forward to go back to where you were, so it's really irritating). I even set up a static IP for the TV and my router, so it shouldn't be a DHCP lease issue or anything. My signal strength is perfect. I tried with a cable too, and it still happens so it's not a Wi-Fi issue.
- EasyLink/CEC won't start up my Pioneer BCS-212 home theatre properly. Maybe 1 out of 5 times the sound starts to play OK after the devices boot up, otherwise it's just... mute. If you toggle between TV speakers / ext. amplifier a few times, it usually starts to work. But I'm not gonna explain that to my wife and kids.
- Lots of crashes (making the TV reboot itself) after you finish doing "something", e.g. watch a video through DLNA, use Smart TV and EVEN AFTER WATCHING THE FULLHD DEMO VIDEO CLIP YOU CAN FIND UNDER SETUP... Geeesh!

Philips in Finland won't offer me a refund, they say it's the retailers responsibility. And the retailer told me that they're not gonna give me a refund either, but I can send the TV to them and they will send it to Philips' service. But I know that's gonna be useless, as Philips already sent a technician at my home last summer, and he changed the logic board but it didn't help, because it's clearly the firmware -- not hardware -- that's causing these issues...

I can only hope that a working firmware will come soon. But I've pretty much lost all hope... I know the Philips engineers are busy with 2013 models etc.

serg604
05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi

i bought Philips 47pfl7666t/12 about 1.5 years ago, but wasnt using it by myself. Now i have it at my home (had Sony 46ex700 LED with Sharp panel - perfect TV!), i put newest software (104) and did factiry reset and here is the first problem i have in the first day: when i'm using my satellite reciever connected using HDMI i have big lip syng problem, NEVER seen it before with my Sony that i had for 2,5 years. Sound i coming about 1-2 second late after picture. Any hope for new software to fix this problem or do i have to drop it to get at least some money back from my insurance company?

Is there any hope to get this problem fixed?

S.Cherkashyn
06-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Hello,

I appologise if I chose wrong thread to post my issue.

TV set: Philips 42PFL7606K/02
Current FW: Q5551-0.14.95.0_bld12a

I've faced out with a problem that my TV set doesn't operate properly. When I watched a TV I had had a power cut for some time after what the TV can't stay in the watching mode for a long time (reboot is occurred after 25-30 seconds of work).
To solve the problem I tried to upgrade it using manual update procedure with a latest FW (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/eula.pl?ctn=42PFL7606K/02&dct=FUS&link=/files/4/42pfl7606k_02/42pfl7606k_02_fus_rus.zip&mode=inpage&scy=DE&slg=DEU), but process of upgrading reaches approx. 95% (it's a "writing /systemB.rootfs" stage). After that I see a popup message "Unable to complete FW upgrade".

Log with TV loading process and log with upgrade process will be uploaded soon.

I'm looking forward to your feedback and thank you in advance.
Regards,
Sergey

JNL
07-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Many design, poor performance and result when a problem appears! the customer is always the injured! as already paid ...
Is very unfair to occur many problems with a newly purchased product and the software need to upgrade both...

RomanSO
07-20-2013, 07:58 PM
I still want new software. I'll write here everyday about it. Let's start!

DO NEW FIRMWARE FOR OURS TV, PHILIPS!

BeranMuden
07-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I'll write here everyday about it. Let's start!

What he ^ said.
Fix the digital audio problem, make a new firmware. Have some heart for your customers.
And be ashamed of the lack of support you are giving us.

RomanSO
07-22-2013, 08:53 AM
BeranMuden is right.

mikko
07-22-2013, 08:12 PM
+1 FOR A NEW FIRMWARE!

What is needed really is stability, stability and stability. Can't stress that enough.

On my 55PFL7606T, most of the times when I watch the demo HD clip, the TV set crashes + reboots afterwards. I mean, wtf?!

Who is responsible for the software in the 2011 sets? TP Vision?

Apparently in some countries Philips has replaced peoples' TVs with a new/better model for free. I'm not that lucky. In Finland this seems to be impossible. I've complained both to the retailer (www.verkkokauppa.com) and Philips Finland, both parties deny all responsibility and refuse to give me a refund or change it to another TV set.

RomanSO
07-24-2013, 10:57 PM
DO THE NEW FIRMWARE FOR OURS TVs, PHILIPS or TP Vision - WE DON'T CARE!!!!

elroy
07-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Yes thats clear!

BeranMuden
07-26-2013, 10:47 AM
GIVE US A NEW FIRMWARE PHILIPS!!

Pretty please, with sugar on top.

Philips - Ina
07-26-2013, 02:16 PM
A new FW version will be live in the coming days for 6xx6, 7xx6, 8xx6 and 9xx6.

Please see here for details:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?13249-Experience-thread-FW-0-14-105-0-(v14-105)-%96-6xx6-7xx6-8xx6-and-9xx6-series

Best regards,
Ina

RomanSO
07-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Philips - Ina, I just can't believe O_o
We'll wait it!

But... Have you read all this thread? All the problems that people have found to their TVs?

Philips - Ina
08-15-2013, 02:31 PM
The new firmware version 14.105 is now live for all sets.
This thread is now closed.

For feedback on the new software version, please use the new software threads:

Experience thread (for questions, discussions and details):
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?13249-Experience-thread-FW-0-14-105-0-(v14-105)-%96-58x6-6xx6-7xx6-8xx6-and-9xx6-series

Technical Feedback thread (for specific feedback):
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?13250-Technical-feedback-%96-FW-0-14-105-0-(v14-105)-%96-58x6-6xx6-7xx6-8xx6-and-9xx6-series

Best regards,
Ina