PDA

View Full Version : HTS5582/12 sp dif out problem

Co3n
11-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Hello.

I have a HTS5582/12 with a sp dif problem with my pc. I use windows 7 and a good, new optical cable. The setting on the pc is "DTS audio" and 48 and 92 kHz samplespeed. 2 chanel, 24 bits, 96000 Hz, standard.

Every time i start the receiver when i want to listenen to music or see a video, i have to send a testsound from my pc (just an ordinary windows option, rightside taskbar), so the receiver changes his setting to "DTS". Then the sound is good.

If i dont do that... the sound is terrible... It sound far, far away with a lot of distortion combined.

It looks like a softwareproblem of the receiver, since it doesnt recocnise the DTS sound.

What can i do?

Philips - QK
11-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi Co3n,

Would you please try connect the set to a BDP player or Game console that has DTS output capable and see if similar issue can be observed? Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Co3n
11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Co3n,

Would you please try connect the set to a BDP player or Game console that has DTS output capable and see if similar issue can be observed? Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

No i dont have both... The BDP is inside :)

Cant you ppl at Philips try to find out what is wrong... Perhaps try the advise you gave me :o
You can always send me a game console so i can check ;)

kwinnie
11-30-2012, 04:18 AM
hi,

what PC software you use to stream the music from your PC to the HTS5582?

Pacman
11-30-2012, 06:12 AM
ANd what about your soundcard? Would really indeed be good as Kwinnie says to test with a different device...maybe for a neighboor or friend

Co3n
11-30-2012, 03:04 PM
hi,

what PC software you use to stream the music from your PC to the HTS5582?

I use Windows Media Player, on Windows 7.

But the problem is also when i just start the pc... When logging in, you normally hear a sound... I only hear some weird noices... (distortion and the "normal" sound (far away and REALLY bad quality).

Co3n
11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
ANd what about your soundcard? Would really indeed be good as Kwinnie says to test with a different device...maybe for a neighboor or friend

I use onboard: asus p6t se trough the optical out.

The thing is: the receiver does not switch automatically to dts... But also, when i use dolby instead of dts, it does not work automatically.. Same thing when i use both...

When i only use my headset... (Trust Gxt 26) it all works fine...

Oscar
12-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi, As other users said it would be good to try with a differnt source instead of your laptop to rule things out.
It can be perfectly that the problem comes from there.

Co3n
12-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi, As other users said it would be good to try with a differnt source instead of your laptop to rule things out.
It can be perfectly that the problem comes from there.

Well, it would be a good sugestion, but this will take a week or 2...

But, im sure it isnt the problem from the pc... Im also wondering why everyone is thinking else :)

If i shut down the receiver will playing music... And i leave mediaplayer on, when i put the receiver back on, the problem is back...

So its impossible that its the pc... Its the receiver :mad:

Oscar
12-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Maybe just give it a try (although it might 2 weeks ;) )......maybe others that have the same device (cannot help you on that) can confirm the issue

kwinnie
12-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Switch your soundcard output options in his soundcard settings on PC to SPIDIF PASSTHRU (if any) to see if it works ?

Co3n
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Switch your soundcard output options in his soundcard settings on PC to SPIDIF PASSTHRU (if any) to see if it works ?

Already done that... Without it, it doesnt work at all...

Got other problems as well.. After listening true optical (dts), i switch to hmdi arc, and no sound at all..

The hdmi arc is connected to my philips tv (7000 series). I need to put the device off and on again to get my sound back...