PDA

View Full Version : HTS5582/12 sp dif out problem

Co3n
11-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Hello.

I have a HTS5582/12 with a sp dif problem with my pc. I use windows 7 and a good, new optical cable. The setting on the pc is "DTS audio" and 48 and 92 kHz samplespeed. 2 chanel, 24 bits, 96000 Hz, standard.

Every time i start the receiver when i want to listenen to music or see a video, i have to send a testsound from my pc (just an ordinary windows option, rightside taskbar), so the receiver changes his setting to "DTS". Then the sound is good.

If i dont do that... the sound is terrible... It sound far, far away with a lot of distortion combined.

It looks like a softwareproblem of the receiver, since it doesnt recocnise the DTS sound.

What can i do?

Philips - QK
11-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi Co3n,

Would you please try connect the set to a BDP player or Game console that has DTS output capable and see if similar issue can be observed? Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Co3n
11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Co3n,

Would you please try connect the set to a BDP player or Game console that has DTS output capable and see if similar issue can be observed? Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

No i dont have both... The BDP is inside :)

Cant you ppl at Philips try to find out what is wrong... Perhaps try the advise you gave me :o
You can always send me a game console so i can check ;)

kwinnie
11-30-2012, 04:18 AM
hi,

what PC software you use to stream the music from your PC to the HTS5582?

Pacman
11-30-2012, 06:12 AM
ANd what about your soundcard? Would really indeed be good as Kwinnie says to test with a different device...maybe for a neighboor or friend

Co3n
11-30-2012, 03:04 PM
hi,

what PC software you use to stream the music from your PC to the HTS5582?

I use Windows Media Player, on Windows 7.

But the problem is also when i just start the pc... When logging in, you normally hear a sound... I only hear some weird noices... (distortion and the "normal" sound (far away and REALLY bad quality).

Co3n
11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
ANd what about your soundcard? Would really indeed be good as Kwinnie says to test with a different device...maybe for a neighboor or friend

I use onboard: asus p6t se trough the optical out.

The thing is: the receiver does not switch automatically to dts... But also, when i use dolby instead of dts, it does not work automatically.. Same thing when i use both...

When i only use my headset... (Trust Gxt 26) it all works fine...

Oscar
12-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi, As other users said it would be good to try with a differnt source instead of your laptop to rule things out.
It can be perfectly that the problem comes from there.

Co3n
12-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi, As other users said it would be good to try with a differnt source instead of your laptop to rule things out.
It can be perfectly that the problem comes from there.

Well, it would be a good sugestion, but this will take a week or 2...

But, im sure it isnt the problem from the pc... Im also wondering why everyone is thinking else :)

If i shut down the receiver will playing music... And i leave mediaplayer on, when i put the receiver back on, the problem is back...

So its impossible that its the pc... Its the receiver :mad:

Oscar
12-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Maybe just give it a try (although it might 2 weeks ;) )......maybe others that have the same device (cannot help you on that) can confirm the issue

kwinnie
12-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Switch your soundcard output options in his soundcard settings on PC to SPIDIF PASSTHRU (if any) to see if it works ?

Co3n
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Switch your soundcard output options in his soundcard settings on PC to SPIDIF PASSTHRU (if any) to see if it works ?

Already done that... Without it, it doesnt work at all...

Got other problems as well.. After listening true optical (dts), i switch to hmdi arc, and no sound at all..

The hdmi arc is connected to my philips tv (7000 series). I need to put the device off and on again to get my sound back...

Philips - Katerina
08-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina