PDA

View Full Version : BDP 5100 subtitle problem

Andrija32
11-29-2012, 02:27 PM
There is no character set option when playing .mp4 or .mkv files.
This problem war reported before, and there was no responce or solution from anybody.
bdp 5100 quality hardvare, but firmware still not finished, waiting for 3 years. This is creazy.

Here is the link from 15 months ago:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6071-BDP5100-12-quot-Character-set-quot-option-for-subs-missing-while-playing-mp4-videos

Andrija32
12-29-2012, 08:24 AM
You should all be fired!

Andrija32
01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
You need to inform users that you dont provide support for older models.

Schlacke
01-29-2013, 10:45 PM
There is/was a thread some time ago which says "no support anymore for hardware older than 2 years".
Of course thatīs bad news for the buyers (and of course i will never buy a philips product in the future).
But thatīs a decision made by the company and not by the staff. The managers should be fired for such a stupid "support".

mytbyte
02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
You guys are WRONG! Character set is available for .mkv, it's only not available for .mp4, reasons unknown...I too have reported this problem here and 2 firmware updates were released since - still no character set support for .mp4, but it is definitely there for .mkv and .avi

vikilab
02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
You guys are WRONG! Character set is available for .mkv, it's only not available for .mp4, reasons unknown...I too have reported this problem here and 2 firmware updates were released since - still no character set support for .mp4, but it is definitely there for .mkv and .avi

Yes, on my BDP5200/12 is still has for mkv and missing for mp4. From USB device I have subtitle but through DLNA it does. I prefer Cyberlink PDVD12 with media stream function but not work! I also tried an alternative SERVIIO but no supports external subtitles for Philips. At the end the Windows Vista media player-server there is also no support for load external .srt :mad: